How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-05-2005
backstage pass

This is also cute:

I found a vintage site with plus size clothing!!!!!!!!
http://www.heyviv.com/

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift

09-05-2005
backstage pass

cute!

www.styleisagift.com

09-05-2005
backstage pass

http://www.marketworks.com/store/sho...=shop&c=388445

www.styleisagift.com

16-05-2005
backstage pass

FOund some cute stuff at JC Penny, they have a junior plus section now which is pretty cool, still no where near the cute stuff out on the racks in the smaller size stores but close enough

www.styleisagift.com

17-05-2005
backstage pass

These are from UK high street retailer Evans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EML48-ms.jpg (18.7 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg EMQ18-ms.jpg (13.3 KB, 669 views)
File Type: jpg EMU36-ms.jpg (17.7 KB, 668 views)
File Type: jpg EMW02-ms.jpg (13.1 KB, 669 views)
File Type: jpg EMW06-ms.jpg (8.2 KB, 665 views)
File Type: jpg EMW34-ms.jpg (10.4 KB, 663 views)
File Type: jpg EMY38-ms.jpg (8.9 KB, 656 views)
File Type: jpg EMY43-ms.jpg (4.4 KB, 659 views)

17-05-2005
backstage pass

hi, just noticed this thread:

some of my best women friends are plus size, and are very sexy women. i have been planning to work on clothing specifically for them, because a good fit is so important. i used to be aplus size woman myself, and i think that is how i got so passionate about bags and shoes! i could never find anything interesting and flattering that fit well, from underwear to jeans, but accessories are for everyone. nonetheless, i am glad designers are beginning to make beautiful clothing for plus size women. i really do believe that confidence and self-knowledge are what make a woman sexy.

i liked some of the clothing posted above. i'll look around and see what i can add to this thread.

meme

17-05-2005
tfs star

I am a UK size 14,US size 10. I fit into the biggest "normal" size usually....I buy stuff from Zara and UK high street stores,but also from Isabel Marant,Rick Owens,Diane von Furstenburg,Day Birger et Mikkelson,Martin Margiela...

It really just means I have to shop around a LOT more.l often find one cute piece that just happens to fit in the strangest of little boutiques.

I can sometimes find stuff in the biggest size ranges (XL or XXL) from net-a-porter.com.I don't wear special "fat lady" clothes and I hate specific plus size lines because the clothes are to our bodies what orthopaedic shoes are to misshapen feet....practical,but not flattering.

Because my body is in proportion (kind of hourglass shape) I wear exactly what thinner people wear,just bigger! I don't do cleavage-baring/midriff revealing/drainpipe jeans etc.I know what suits me and what doesn't.

It is quite irritating that designers don't make bigger clothes.A lot of us wear them really well...I often get "oh that's great,where did you get it?" So it's not as if it would be negative advertising for the designer.

PLUS,there are more people in the world our size tha there are stick insects,so....

It is not only that they don't make bigger sizes;it is that the sizes they DO make are way too small!! I fit into a 14 from Topshop or River Island or Zara,size 10 jeans from GAP,but size 18 UK at net-a-porter????

Good luck in finding cool stuff

17-05-2005
windowshopping

Brilliant thread - I'm a plus size lass with an obsession for bags and shoes too. I'm loving this boho trend. This is the only look that I have seen for ages that suits my shape and I can actually go into a shop and get decent things.

Where do you other plus size girls get your clothes? I'm based in the UK and I like New Look (cheap and cheerful), H&M, Evans although it can be frumpy and Etam sometimes has nice stuff even though it is closing (boohoo).

I've actually just started selling plus size stuff on ebay - used to do clothes for skinny girls but the plus sizes are flying out. Proves there is a market. I've even had a go at making some stuff.

17-05-2005
offline.

OMG.. I LOVE that black and white top and bright pink beaded top that Fashion Puss Posted...

17-05-2005
fashion icon

For those interested in fashionable plus size clothing, almost all the Oscar de la Renta boutiques have a plus size line. It looks great.

17-05-2005
scenester

Hey everyone,
I'm tyring to get back into plus-size modeling. I was with a Miami agency last year but they said i was too small for plus too big for "normal". I was an 8/10 then and starving and going to spinning class twice a day. Now I'm a 12/14 and am looking for representation. Any other plus-size models out there?

17-05-2005
front row

I don't fall under the category of plus size, but I'm not a size 2 either. What everyone has said about fit being key, could not be any truer. And it seems to be harder to find a good fit when you have breasts and hips.

17-05-2005
backstage pass

^ Yes exactly.
For some reason these designers think all plus size women need the crotch of their pants to come down to their thighs and the waist to go up to their boobs! I would love it if I knew some friends who could sew (or if I could actually sew) to make my own stuff cause it is really fustrating. Most american plus size stores are way behind and they will get in cute items after they are played out.
Yup alot of us resort to being accessory queens cause thats the only thing you can find! When my friends shop for clothes, I shop for earings, purses and shoes.
If you guys have some more pics that would be great!
Also feel free to post pics of plus size models

www.styleisagift.com

17-05-2005
backstage pass

yes, i am hourglass shaped generally and have a hard time finding clothes that don't give me a boxy, rectangular shape, especially in jackets and outerwear. i loved this balenciaga jacket because it is so close and curved to the body:

and i think this dries van noten, although looser, is the right idea aswell, as far as fit/conforming to the shape of the body goes, because of the wrap:

personally, i love this kind of dress too - in the right fabric, the feel is very sensual:

(rick owens)

what do you think?

meme

Last edited by meme527; 17-05-2005 at 07:05 PM.

18-05-2005
tfs star

Oh I LOVE the three pics you've posted,Meme!!!! I don't like the bottom half of the second outfit...makes her look bigger I think and it's too busy for me...but the jackets and that dress are spectacular.I WANT!!

That is just the kind of dress I wear

Do you know whether the Balenciaga jacket is available in a bigger size??

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
size, thread