The Plus Size Thread - All are welcome! - Page 54 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
16-01-2008
Saucy minx

^ I think Jill's dress above is not bad, better than lots of what we see But I feel it could do without the paillettes.

16-01-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I can tell you that they weren't deleted ...
It's annoying that they disappeared

16-01-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic1908 View Post
I've seen some of the Lilly menswear and I say to it. There was a pink and green blazer that some of my friends and I were saying that Al Reynolds (Star Jones' husband) would rock at AKA's upcoming centennial national conference.
At least he'd have an excuse...? I have a hard time relating to anything Lillly for men beyond a tie. Wild prints on men? If they're on a tropical vacation, or going to see Jimmy Buffet. Otherwise, YIKES.

(To hijack further, you're AKA, right? And isn't blkladylaw? Congrats on your organization's 100th anniversary.)

I do have a thing for Lilly, and have my eye on this eBay item, tho that drawstring waist gives me pause. With my hips & rump, I'm really not sure. At least I have 4 days to decide.

17-01-2008
V.I.P.

classic1908,^ don't forget to credit your image, thanks

17-01-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddokiddo View Post
classic1908,^ don't forget to credit your image, thanks
Which image?

The Jill Scott image came from Yahoo! News.
The Gubelmann came from New York Social Diary.

17-01-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait View Post
At least he'd have an excuse...? I have a hard time relating to anything Lillly for men beyond a tie. Wild prints on men? If they're on a tropical vacation, or going to see Jimmy Buffet. Otherwise, YIKES.

(To hijack further, you're AKA, right? And isn't blkladylaw? Congrats on your organization's 100th anniversary.)

I do have a thing for Lilly, and have my eye on this eBay item, tho that drawstring waist gives me pause. With my hips & rump, I'm really not sure. At least I have 4 days to decide.
Yes, I and Soror BlkLadyLaw are both AKAs, and thanks for the congratulations.
I like the top but the waist makes me a bit nervous, too. If it were a pure tunic, I think it would be better.

17-01-2008
V.I.P.

thank you for doing that, cheers

17-01-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait View Post

Thanks! Happy Anniversary Classic1908 and any other Sorors out there! I was at the plot at midnight (in the freezing cold) on Howard's campus (where it was founded) at midnight and we counted down like it was New Years Eve lol. Despite the cold Sorors were out there fiercely dressed to the nines in high heel and dresses!

17-01-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkLadyLaw View Post
Thanks! Happy Anniversary Classic1908 and any other Sorors out there! I was at the plot at midnight (in the freezing cold) on Howard's campus (where it was founded) at midnight and we counted down like it was New Years Eve lol. Despite the cold Sorors were out there fiercely dressed to the nines in high heel and dresses!
Soror, I wished I could have been there but I had to prioritize and July takes precedence.
And I would expect nothing less than our Sorors dressed fiercely to the nines.

17-01-2008
backstage pass

frk-frost:
All of the deleted images of tunic tops were sourced from Nordstrom.com - just click over there to the Encore department and you'll see a ton of them. Mind you, there are some absolute horrors in there too.

It was more so you could see the variety of necklines that *might* be available to you.

22-01-2008
backstage pass

M.G. and them at a Chanel event.
Credit: New York Social Diary

Because I'm a fiend for sheath dresses, I posted it. The winter white's pretty but her corsetry is slightly off.

23-01-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RingCircus View Post
frk-frost:
All of the deleted images of tunic tops were sourced from Nordstrom.com - just click over there to the Encore department and you'll see a ton of them. Mind you, there are some absolute horrors in there too.

It was more so you could see the variety of necklines that *might* be available to you.
Thanks for the link and the advice given Inspireded I tried on some dresses with different necklins than I've tried before and ended up buying a dress I would never have thought suited me. It's great to have more options that just the same old boring v-neck

24-01-2008
backstage pass

^ Glad to help out!

^^Classic, I think it's a case of her posture needing correction, not her undergarments.

25-01-2008
boop

Bigger pic of Marjorie's outfit at Chanel.
I would have worn it differently but I love the beautiful neckline.

Image Credit | Park Avenue Peerage

25-01-2008
V.I.P.

She seriously can never get it completely right.The fit is off, she couldn't afford anything better or some some sort of alteration?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
size, thread