The Plus Size Thread - All are welcome! - Page 58 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
24-02-2008
front row

I like the first pair and I love both outfits Beth is wearing, but the sparkly the most. I can't help it, I'm like a magpie.

25-02-2008
front row

Being apple shaped makes it so difficult to find attractive outfits at times. Either way, cardigans are my friends It seems that everything is catered to pear shapes in fashion.

26-02-2008
boop

I think I'm going to pre-order the James Jeans from Saks. I'm on my second pair of Paige's and I really wish they had more styles I move between never wanting to wear jeans ever again and being a denim junkie. Right now I'm in denim overdrive and I can't get enough. I need to get myself to Nordstrom Rack to see if they have the last season stuff but the store is a little inconvenient for me. They should keep it in the mall near the actual Nordstrom but I suppose that would just make it too easy.

I go back and forth on light denim. I used to be all about the deep dark shades and I still am but I feel like I'm going to want more light colors for spring - or just for really casual situations.

Thoughts on J.Huds Oscar ensemble. The consensus seems to be overwhelmingly negative but I don't mind it. She wasn't my best dressed of the evening but I wouldn't put her in the worst dressed category either. The dress was nice but had a few issues I thought. I love the snakeskin detailing - I thought that was an unusual and unique touch.

Image Credit | Wireimage

Last edited by Luxx; 26-02-2008 at 10:52 PM.

27-02-2008
V.I.P.

I actually kind of like her dress at the Oscars. I think the bottom half of the dress looks lovely, but the chest area looks kind of awkward and unflattering to me. But overall I think she looks beautiful.

27-02-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

yeah I thought people were too negative on her dress. It did make her chest area a bit oblong but overall i thought she looked great. And I love beth ditto in that sparkly dress as well. I think plus sized people are over told to steer clear of that sort of thing but I actually think it flatters either the very slender or plus sized the most. When you're in between it kind of shows every awkward bump but when you get to be plus sized I actually find that it reflects the light a lot and thus there are no awkward bumps and it gives the illusion of actually a flatter even surface. I'm not even sure if what I"m saying is making sense, just that I find it flattering, and I think beth ditto in that dress is proof of this!

27-02-2008
V.I.P.

Jennifer Hudson's dress looks OK in pictures but onscreen I thought it was awful. It was too tight in the back, so skin and fat were spilling out of the cut-out and the bust looked awkward and unflattering. She usually looks great so I don't know why she's failed both times at the Oscars.

27-02-2008
downtown girl uptown life

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy View Post
Being apple shaped makes it so difficult to find attractive outfits at times. Either way, cardigans are my friends It seems that everything is catered to pear shapes in fashion.
I'm so with you!!!

Jennifer's dress is gorgeous, but the fit is just not right. Too bad, she's lovely.

Last edited by JetSetGo!; 27-02-2008 at 06:50 PM.

28-02-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy View Post
True that!

02-03-2008
front row

I liked the colour on Jennifer and the snakeskin was interesting. I'm not too happy with what it seems to do to her boobular area, but it's not as bad as some outfits.

12-03-2008
backstage pass

Update:

Jill Scott will be the "curvy" profile, I guess, in Vogue's Shape Issue. I was just on her site and it was posted that she will be in the April issue. I have mixed feelings about the Shape Issue. What interests me is that I think they are running out of people to profile -- I suspect Mo'Nique is not mainstream enough for them (and is probably too size-positive for them), and also people like Roseanne Barr and Rosie O'Donnell are a bit too tabloid-tainted, I guess.

13-03-2008
backstage pass

Jill's editorial is going to be in the Vogue with the infamous LeBron James and Gisele cover.

14-03-2008
backstage pass

JHud's not wearing a bra, which is the main prob with that Oscars dress. C'mon girl, you're young now but you WILL get older...and you'll wish then you'd used a bra more often now.

That first dress Beth is in (orange/pink) was a Luella number. I rather liked it - more so than the Julian MacDonald but then I think that guy is a trashy version of Matthew Williamson, whose sparklies I adore.

14-03-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RingCircus View Post
That first dress Beth is in (orange/pink) was a Luella number. I rather liked it - more so than the Julian MacDonald but then I think that guy is a trashy version of Matthew Williamson, whose sparklies I adore.
I think the orange/pink dress is kind of cool

17-03-2008
backstage pass

MG (to the right) and son
CREDIT: NYSD.com.

I've seen Marjorie in this suit before, but she looks nice and Cyrus is cute in his sort of lawn-green sweater.

29-03-2008
scenester

yesterday i went into one of my fav stores torrid!

i got some amazing stuff.

turquoise skinnys
pink skinnys
and purples!
and some blondie tshirts and this leather motorcycle short jacket

if its close to any of you def go, they have a great sale! or shop online

xxx

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
size, thread