How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-01-2008
jedinečnej krásy

Perhaps it should be mentioned that not all perfumes/colognes ultimately smell the same on each person. Given a person's dietary habits, skin tone/moisture level, etc. the perfume could evaporate quickly or mix with some other agent (lotion, soap, etc.) so as to diffuse the heart and bottom notes.

Anyway, I prefer the Creed House for fragrances.

12-03-2008
Power to the 99%

^ I knew someone who wore Creed ... I'm not sure what but in a hot pink bottle ... it was vile I'm sure they make other things that are lovely

12-03-2008
front row

ok i would seriously recommend

Giorgio Armani Attitude << amazing
or go for
Dior Homme really different
Jean Paul Gaultier

12-03-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ I knew someone who wore Creed ... I'm not sure what but in a hot pink bottle ... it was vile I'm sure they make other things that are lovely

that's creed spring flower. i dated a girl once who wore that all the time. i hated it. one day finally i got rid of it and told her i broke the bottle and got her something else. only that could save the relationship

V.I.P.

Chanel #5 (PARFUM!!)
Guerlain
Helmut Lang
CDG

14-03-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezme44 View Post

that's creed spring flower. i dated a girl once who wore that all the time. i hated it. one day finally i got rid of it and told her i broke the bottle and got her something else. only that could save the relationship
You have all my admiration for getting that far ... I wouldn't be able to get past hello with someone wearing that Btw, I turned down a job offer from this woman--having to relocate had something to do with it, but I bet the Creed was a factor too

14-03-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
You have all my admiration for getting that far ... I wouldn't be able to get past hello with someone wearing that Btw, I turned down a job offer from this woman--having to relocate had something to do with it, but I bet the Creed was a factor too

creed: the smell from hell
there are 2 or three that are somewhat decent, not sure of the names, but if you have the time or energy to go through the 50+ varieties, be my guest
although they could make you a personalized scent for several grand
i personally love lolita lempicka for girls

scenester

I've been wearing Burberry and Gucci II for years, but recently I added Fresh's Sugar Lychee into my mix and it's a fabulously fruity and girly spring/summer scent

Power to the 99%

^ I love the Sugar Lychee bath products. The last scent I bought (after trying many many many ) was Fresh Hesperides. I'd practically rather shop for a swimsuit than fragrance

19-03-2008
scenester

Quote:
^ I love the Sugar Lychee bath products. The last scent I bought (after trying many many many ) was Fresh Hesperides. I'd practically rather shop for a swimsuit than fragrance
haha I agree! After smelling so many you get lightheaded and even coffeebeans can't help them not smell the same. I just got a bottle of Femme by Rochas after reading rave reviews online (it was only $25 on Amazon, couldn't resist) and OMG, is it FOUL!

Power to the 99%

^ Very sad!!

I would never ever do this now, but I bought my first bottle of Poison (a big one too) without ever trying it on. I had smelled it on someone else & was sure it was for me. That was many years ago, and it's still my favorite At the end that same bottle went off & started smelling like grape juice. It was still good tho! People would stop me and ask what I was wearing & then look surprised when I told them :p

I've been wanting to try Rumeur, I get a good vibe from the bottle but haven't been in the right place at the right time yet :p

06-04-2008
front row

I love Narciso Rodriguez for her. The one in the black bottle, not the pink.

and on a guy, I just cant resist Acqua di Gio

13-04-2008
trendsetter

Does anybody know of a soft, etherial, woody scent...without heavily sweet vanilla/musk/oriental notes?

Something along the lines of Infusion d'Iris by Prada...or the Myrrh scent by Diptyque...

13-04-2008
& b

yeah most of the suggestions on here are fragrances you can EASILY find at discount fragrance shops all over the place; regardless if they're expensive or not, they're most definitely not rare.

the best thing you can do is read and learn about fragrances, the notes, what are complimentary scents, and start experimenting yourself mixing your own fragrances.

or just buy discontinued stuff, there's this shop here in mia that sells vintage perfume and discontinued testers. I have this amazing claude montana perfume and its tdf as well as courreges.

Power to the 99%

^ That's cool ...

Btw I stopped & got a sample of Pure Coffee ... the SA was quite eager to emphasize it is for men :p Nonetheless they had samples in the women's fragrance dept. Given how perfumey it is, I'm surprised it is for men--def OK for women I think (not that everything isn't ). I tried it on my wrist ... the person next to me at the library when I stopped by there later kept sneezing I kinda like it, I'm going to try it again.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
perfect, scent, searching