Shopping departments other than your own-children's, opposite sex-etc- - Page 12 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-04-2009
#Resist

bumping for gius

20-04-2009
Geometric Discharge

20-04-2009
chat~

thanks
we're back in here i see :p

i think wearing things for the opposite sex can also be deemed eccentric

by the way can you tell me what kind of silk the shirts are?
is it shiny?
chiffon is quite matte and crinkled, coarse

20-04-2009
#Resist

^ True ...

20-04-2009
Geometric Discharge

Yah, it's all like jewel silk, but different weights - There's a matte cream shirt that is wonderfully heavy silk, it hit the floor once and sounded like velvet.
But yeah, my mother wears these like really original looking jackets (she's pretty stylish tbf..) with hems that are deliberately unequal on either side or made of 'boiled wool' (aka felt ) and if we were the same size I'd be stealing them.

20-04-2009
chat~

awesome to have a mother like that !

maybe it is silk noil? feels a bit thick and rubbery too, matte

i have also wandered into my mother's closet. it's a real amusement to wear one of her suits because it is shaped like a woman's body.. so it gives you that hourglass figure. the shape is nice but i don't want to wear it outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
PS I remember Olivier Theyskens wearing a grey Chanel women's blouse ... might have been chiffon. I really like silk/cotton voile and I think a man could definitely wear that. What about a chiffon vest?
if you can find Olivier's blouse, i'd love to see, fashionistata....

20-04-2009
#Resist

^ I think I may have seen it in a magazine, I think he wore it to a party, maybe under a tux. It was light grey with a soft (soft fabric) pointed collar I think, not too deep, and he buttoned it all the way up. Similar to a man's shirt, but just a bit different (you couldn't see the sleeves). I think it came with a camellia & he replaced it with something else? A black ornament? I believe it was during the Rochas years. Oh ... I wonder if it is in the Designers' personal style thread ... You've just been thru the Neo gothic thread, so we know it's not there ...

20-04-2009
rêverie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
^p.s. i dont know if it is eccentric but i am only accustomed to seeing women in sheer fabrics (the silk and batiste are sheer)

there is this dove grey chiffon at my table in class
but the hand, the way it drapes, it's quite feminine
terribly feminine
but i really. like. it !

i want to ask my old-fashioned instructor if she thinks a male person can wear chiffon. ^^ it seems she is fine after all, when i told her i like women's clothes.
you should try it out. i think the color would not completely expose you - i think a looser cut would also work. sort of like being a tease :p i love women's clothes too. it's definitely fun mixing it up - plus there's nothing wrong with expanding your options.

21-04-2009
rising star

I love my men's cronograph watch & my BF perfume Issey Miyake pour homme. :p

21-04-2009
chat~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ I think I may have seen it in a magazine, I think he wore it to a party, maybe under a tux. It was light grey with a soft (soft fabric) pointed collar I think, not too deep, and he buttoned it all the way up. Similar to a man's shirt, but just a bit different (you couldn't see the sleeves). I think it came with a camellia & he replaced it with something else? A black ornament? I believe it was during the Rochas years. Oh ... I wonder if it is in the Designers' personal style thread ... You've just been thru the Neo gothic thread, so we know it's not there ...
i couldn't find it in designers' personal style..
hopefully it will turn up in random surfing :p neo goth thread is too huge to go through again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikidior View Post
you should try it out. i think the color would not completely expose you - i think a looser cut would also work. sort of like being a tease :p i love women's clothes too. it's definitely fun mixing it up - plus there's nothing wrong with expanding your options.
i was just ironing some black chiffon there
and it moves a lot every step it would probably billow so dramatic
i will see what i can do to give it more shape

i like your choices in women's clothes

Last edited by gius; 21-04-2009 at 03:35 PM.
21-04-2009
tfs star

I have been wearing my boyfriends deodrant. I have run out. Haha.

#Resist

^ "Strong enough for a woman ... but made for a man ..."

23-04-2009
trendsetter

I always wear Mugler 'Alien' & get compliments on it all the time. I dont know why, but i NEVER get told I smell nice as often as when I have that on (and I wear quiet a large range of scents). Literally strangers at bars will turn and ask me what aftershave I have on (but I keep it a secret )

The luminescent version isnt as strong so im looking forward to that bottle running out and getting back to the original.

To me it has a really non definitive gender smell--its just really really nice. <3

scenester

I prefer women's accessories to male ones, especially jewelry; men's pieces tend to be very chunky. I actually love David Yurman jewelry, but will content myself with seeing it on my girlfriend, as many of the pieces are overtly feminine, and nowhere near the border of "unisex" (which I guess is a good thing).

Some women's watches are quite lovely as well. I actually have a women's watch I've received lots of compliments on. No one seems to know it's not a men's piece.

One more thing. I'm not sure if this has already been said, but as far as fragrance goes, I read somewhere (and have heard otehrs remark) that, chemically, there is no difference between "men's" and "women's" fragrances, that the gender labels are just marketing hype.

front row

i posted this outfit in the "what are you wearing today" but somebody suggested to post here as well.
i wore this thierry mugler women's jacket from fall/winter 1988 2 days ago and last night bar-hopping...some ppl said it looked cool, other ppl said things like "you look like you are ready to kill someone" (also was wearing spiky hair & eyeliner)
the pants are women's as well

Last edited by fashion.fashoff; 25-04-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
departments, opposite, ownchildren, sexetc, shopping