How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-11-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

really frannie? I had no idea you were that small!!

Yes, I love hanes boys undershirts from walmart. My only problem with childrens clothing in general is the neck comes up quite high on it which can be slightly bothersome.

14-11-2006
What fresh hell is this.?

It's a yay for me as well.
Some of the clothe are just more fun since they are more, well childish :p
Though I only wear tops and sweaters. My bottom half is just too big

Ohh and f. I've never thought about looking for vintage coats in kids sizes. I will definitely have to do just that, since I normally look like a Muppet in a tent in normal coats.
Thanks

about to fall or fly

oh yes megaroni, i certainly am that small

i find that i can wear adult small tshirts pretty well. american apparel ones are the best fit for me. and i can't wear kids' bottoms either - too much bum and womanly hip but i do have a couple really nice hand-knit kids' sweaters. the only problem with kids' vintage jackets, tine, is that the arms are sometimes toooo short, but sometimes you get lucky with a perfect one!

Meg
inspired contemplation

The reason why I could never wear children's jackets is the bust area which would be too small on me but it's difficult. A big problem with being 'petite' is that you have quite small shoulders. I think mine are 15-16. It's weird. I can wear childrens size L clothing tee's quite easily but take a size M or L in Ladies!! Oh well

15-11-2006
trendsetter

I would wear kids basics but i'm too tall to do so, the tops are usually half way up my ribs!

My waist, shoulders, arms etc. are very thin so if i weren't this tall then i would wear them i think i don't see whats wrong with it!

V.I.P.

Am I the only one who actually finds some very classic children's clothes even more stylish than those of adults? I'm not meaning all, but sometimes the clothing seems more...classic...neutral? Sometimes I feel there's too much "going on" with women's clothing, I much prefer some aspects of children's and men's clothing.

front row

I am a YES all the way. Obviously, one must try the garment on to see if it fits and looks appropriate. I am super petite, and am always having to get things altered (especially in the sleeves), because I HATE the sleeves being to long or the shoulders not hitting correctly. I want a more tailored look. I absolutely swear by petit bateau, from the shirts, underwear, sweaters, pants, etc. I am usually wear 1-3 items a day. I probably have a bit of an obsession, but that's for another thread.

This thread reminds me of the SATC episode when Samantha dated the short guy who admitted to buying his suit jacket at the boys department at Bloomies.

Last edited by thepeppers; 15-11-2006 at 08:49 AM.
15-11-2006
backstage pass

Yay! Virtually everything in the kids 12-14 section fits my mom perfectly. With adult sizes she has to roll sleeves back, and cuff pant legs up twice with a belt to prevent size zeros from falling off. Nowadays the kids clothes look exactly like the adults, so no one knows the difference.

Last edited by Artemis; 15-11-2006 at 10:48 AM.
18-11-2006
backstage pass

Even though kids' clothes look more grown-up today, it's virtually impossible to find stuff appropriate for work! I have to wear kids' shoes too because I have a ladies' 5 foot (US) and size 5 is very, very, very difficult to find!

I guess that's why short people aren't taken seriously.

18-11-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
Am I the only one who actually finds some very classic children's clothes even more stylish than those of adults? I'm not meaning all, but sometimes the clothing seems more...classic...neutral? Sometimes I feel there's too much "going on" with women's clothing, I much prefer some aspects of children's and men's clothing.
I guess because childrens fashions ar enot so trend led. I tried on my 2 year olds zip up sweater as a joke it was a little tight but I love it!

21-11-2006
scenester

i always wished that they made kids clothes for adults

they have much cooler clothes and much COOLER fits for kids

22-11-2006
V.I.P.

I just don't see the problem here? If you're small and fits kids clothes and want to wear it, what's the problem? I think it's individual and if i want to wear children's wear, i would wear children's wear. Easy as that.

22-11-2006
once more, with feeling

^^ My understanding of the thread is whether it's a yay or nay for you, individually. At least, that was how I gave my response.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quimby
^^ My understanding of the thread is whether it's a yay or nay for you, individually. At least, that was how I gave my response.
Ah, stupid me. In that case, it's a yay for me.

22-11-2006
once more, with feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVizo
Ah, stupid me. In that case, it's a yay for me.
no worries.

incidentally, i saw when Marc Jacobs came out at the end of his last show, he was wearing a Mickey Mouse tee. It was probably an adult size, but I liked the kid culture reference. It was cute and a little tongue in cheek.

[style.com]

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
departments, opposite, ownchildren, sexetc, shopping