How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-11-2006
chaos reigns

Hum ... I just bought a green Benetton sweater at the Benetton Zero-Doci store ... I love it ... the fit IS small but I wear it under jackets and denim jackets which works perfect ... besides.. it much more cheaper than buying and adult version

23-11-2006
rising star

i love wearing kids clothing. it's so much cheaper and sometimes it fits way better than the adult sizes. i just can't buy jeans because my legs are to long.

front row

Yay if it fits properly. Nay if it doesn't.

27-11-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

I'm not an "adult" per se, but I am a teenager and still wear clothes from the little girl section, considering I can fit in as small as a size 12!

My very favorite pair of shorts in the whole wide world are from the girls section in Target

27-11-2006
front row

Yay if they fit properly, I guess.

28-11-2006
V.I.P.

Yes! Especially tees. They fit me better than adult baby tees for some strange reason.

28-11-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestar07
Yes! Especially tees. They fit me better than adult baby tees for some strange reason.
I recently till i had a growth spurt was able to fit in well to age 7 t-shirts from h&m, they were very nice tees as well but there too short now

29-11-2006
V.I.P.

^ Ah yes that's a wee bit of problem. Kids tees seem to fit me better at the bust area. I guess I'm just not very "womanly" in that part of the anatomy.:p

Last edited by Bluestar07; 29-11-2006 at 03:11 AM.
29-11-2006
V.I.P.

I can fit into kids clothing. I think some if can look really good on but some if it's like too childish, if you get me?

29-11-2006
tfs star

Yay, definitely, if it fits good.
Some very thin (no boobs almost) friends of mine buy a lot in the kiddie section, and they find good stuff.
But you gotta be careful of prints and "too cute" details if you are not that young.
Too cute or too childish ages you by contrast

29-11-2006
front row

i'm petite but curvy! (5'0'') whenever i can get away with kid's clothes without looking like a little girl, i'll take it. you can get some really great deals & unique items.

14-12-2006
rising star

^^That's what I love about children's clothes I actually like the Miss Sixty line for children more than the women's line and I like pairing too cute stuff with really mature clothing from Hugo Boss

15-12-2006
rising star

yay! you wouldnt believe how adulty some of the kids clothes looks these days!!! in places like debenhams and zara especially. my sister is really small and she buys from the kids section and alot of the time i dont even notice the difference, plus its half the price
it really baffles me what makes people think that when u become a teenager u can pay double the price?! lol

15-12-2006
windowshopping

For me is a Yay I love shopping in the childrens dep. and I find it quite shocking how huuuuge kids are nowadays

04-01-2008
front row

Shopping in departments other than your own
Does anyone here shop in departments other than there own? As in venture on to the mens side when your a woman because you spot a really cute sweater?

I'm straight woman, but for some reason I can't keep myself in the women's department every time I shop. I always go the men's side, because I love their cashmere sweaters and the fit, and I've even gone into the childrens section because they have very cute accesories.

Is it just me, or does anyone else engage in this practice?
And what stuff do you look for?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
departments, opposite, ownchildren, sexetc, shopping