How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-01-2008
rising star

Sometimes I get frustrated when I don't see anything in the woman's department that I like, so I'll just sort of wander around the store aimlessly..

I have never gotten anything from the men's section, but have from the children's.. not pants, but pajamas, basic shirts, skirts.. Some of the styles there are obviously not for people older than 10 (lol), but with others you wouldn't know it was from the children's department....

05-01-2008
the crying of humanity

I like to explore every department, not for my own closet but just for fun. When I am shopping, however, I buy from the women's, junior's, and children's department. I'm 5'1", I don't really have a choice.

But really, I look through all sections of stores. I'm that person you see walking aimlessly (like the poster above described) around the store for hours with a dead look in their eyes.

backstage pass

I picked up a very cute mens sweater to try on the other day....unfortunately it did not suit.

But I buy tons of stuff from girl's departments. The same top for half the price...I am tall but I have a short torso, so everything is good. And for cutesy 1 pound accessories, it can't be beat....

If you wish to know my feelings about the masses, they seem to be suffering from an excess "m".
06-01-2008
i'm almost ready..

yep...i go all over the place....men's...kid's....maternity...

06-01-2008
& b

yeah... i hit the girls department more than the guys

i only go on mens for underwear or for when im feeling butch, but nothing fits right in the mens dept! even a small is too big on me.

rising star

Why shouldn't we shop in other areas? If it's cute and fits right, who's to know. I mean, for women there's always menswear inspired or children-inspired. Why not just go straight for the real thing and save some money (in some cases).

06-01-2008
the crying of humanity

^ That's why I enjoy shopping in different departments (to save money). Several times I've found coats or dresses for less in the children's section (I'm talking $10 for a nice dress), even though they're nearly identical to $40 pieces in the women's section.

mie
scenester

I just picked up some workout shorts from the children's section at Target. They cost one-third of what I would have gotten from the regular women's activewear section.

06-01-2008
Fashionably Late

I definitely wander from the women's department to the children's department every now and then for cute tees and basics. I am 5'3 1/2, so I can also get away with wearing things from the women's department or the petite department (though many stores do not have such a thing).

13-03-2008
windowshopping

Little Boys' Blazers
I've noticed that shrunken blazers (often taken from the boys department of a store) are becoming more and more popular. I really love the look myself, but I'm not sure what the sizing is like. Does anyone own and wear a boy's blazer themselves? Any tips on sizes? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

13-03-2008
tfs star

I don't actually know what size mine is. After deciding that I wanted one, I got lucky and spotted one in a Goodwill. I could tell from looking at it that I could fit in it but I tried it on anyway to make sure. I'm also getting in better shape recently though, so I think it actually fit me better when I tried it on again a week or 2 later. If I were you, it might be best just to look at them and see which one looks like it would fit the best and try it on. I can't give a good idea of how the sizing is, especially since mine doesn't seem to have an actual size mentioned anywhere on it. Poor boys. Us girls are "stealing" their clothing.

13-03-2008
front row

I would say to just go to your local Brooks Brothers and try on a boys blazer. Find out which one fits and write down the size and measurements if you can. That way you can shop online or want to get something that you can't try on first.

13-03-2008
front row

I own a boys school uniform blazer in age 10 so it's fits my body but the sleeves are cropped. I recommend school blazers because they are quite inexpensive and made to last a school year of child wear and tear (the quality is fairly good for the price).
I changed the buttons on mine to give it a vintage/ nautical feel, and because the original buttons looked quite cheap.

13-03-2008
?

I have a Ralph Lauren boys blazer, navy with gold buttons, which is amazing. It's 100% wool and the fit is really good. Mine is a boys size 12, and it fits me as well as my other jackets do. The sleeves aren't too short and the length is perfect.

If you buy a boys blazer online, get the measurements!

Frozen irony.

I have one age 4 and one age 6... both Ralph Lauren.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
departments, opposite, ownchildren, sexetc, shopping