How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D A N A View Post
DANA, you scare me ... Doha is the only city where I can leave my bags and stuff alone while doing other stuff
wait i just did that last week in Barbour shop ..... lol ... i'm just soooooo away ..... but the person brought me back my mobile and my scarf ... and my bonnet ... LOL ... that was nice ! let's say the shop is pretty small ...
Where is Barbour shop never heard of that place...
I'm glad you ran into people like that, unlike the people I did
What kind of scarf was it? I LOOOVE scarves especially Missoni's [/QUOTE]

ahah wasn't in Doha - but I think Doha is a safe place, though you proved me wrng ! was it at city center ?
Barbour is the english brand. the one Queen Elizabeth wears when riding horses ...

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

I don't think I've ever had anything stolen from me but I've left like 3 black hoodies at a coffee shop, at a party and just randomly lost the 3d one

THE STRANGER

A super gorgeous Sony Ericsson phone (z610i in pink)... It got stolen TWICE! After the first time, I went and got a new pink z610i (pathetic aren't I)... and a few months later, it got stolen again. So now I own a cheap pink Samsung phone that I don't care too much for...

Riot Bug

A handmade unique with a comicbook moneybag... luckyly i did only had credit cards I deactivated very soon & not money... but it was a gift from my sister & I did also had photos, notes,...things you cannot replace... That was at the crowded underground in Valencia (Spain) when i was carrying a big book... i remember i cried like an idiot... i felt like an idiot... cause im always extra paranoid...

once more, with feeling

^

a pair of birkenstocks my sister had bought for me after getting her first real job.
it was my first pair of nice shoes.

i couldn't believe that people would steal someone's shoes, but alas. now i believe that they will steal anything. i've had plants stolen off my porch, my coffee cup taken from the faculty lounge, and at the ad agency i used to work at, people would get their food stolen from the communal fridge.

trendsetter

loonaka: hehehe your careless like me, leaving your hoodies in public places, I left two coffee cups at college in random places, and a folder which I later found, thank god

michyed: We really have to be careful with our phones, I think its the second most robbed item after wallets...that phone is beautiful!!! but its good your using one you dont really care about if your not the extra careful type..

ediewho: its the worst feeling when you lose something you love especially when its handmade and a gift, and irreplaceable, my laptop got ****ed up it wont turn on at all and there are pics in there and videos that are IRREPLACEABLE so I know the feeling, but hopefully i'll be able to find a way to get them out

quimby: people are quite sleezy sometimes

21-12-2009
tfs star

My aunt stole my D&G jeans. We had a huge fight yesterday.
2 years ago I lent her my jeans and yesterday I wanted them back and she was claiming that I actually gave them to her. I know it was too long, but I would never give her my first designer jeans.

22-12-2009
trendsetter

Oh I'm sad for all your losses! Stealing is so low. Especially if it isn't borrowed and then honestly forgotten about or you lost touch with the borrower but legitimately stolen.

The only things that come to mind for me are a chanel pendant necklace and a faux leather moto jacket.

The necklace was special to me because I am not rich and don't really own any designer things besides perfume/cosmetics and MbyMJ stuff so I really wanted this one and I saved for it and just going into the Chanel boutique and making the purchase was exciting and special for me. I saved and still have the little box and ribbon but the necklace got away.

The jacket just looked really cool and I always got compliments on it and I got it on sale for $75. It was faux leather but it was made to look distressed in a really good way and it was perfect for so many outfits. I had then and have since then purchased a few real leather jackets but that one just looked cooler than the rest of mine. I haven't been able to find another jacket that I like so much for as little money. So it wasn't so much about the value, but that I haven't been able to replace it.

windowshopping

Someone stole my gorgeous Benetton black coat Luckily I found the exact same one at the store, but I was very sad when I discovered it was gone.

And at age 13, someone stole my bikini while it was drying! Disgusting..

trendsetter

Ooh I forgot to mention a Tiffanys horse shoe necklace was stolen..someone broke in to my sister's safe box and stole it with some of her cash I was heartbroken.

13-03-2010
tfs star

Someone stole my pink iPod (at the gym!), which was a gift from a friend of mine for my 18th birthday. Oh, and bike seat from my Holland bike.

14-03-2010
scenester

I don't know if its the right place.
But last week I wore my new favotie sweater, (it was realy cool, 100% wool with leopard print) bought in a 2nd hand store.
This morning my mom came into my room with my sweater in children size =(
I hate myzelf right now >.<

16-03-2010
rock-chic

I had a leather jacket stolen in a pub when I had gone to the toilet. I had left it hanging on the back of my chair in full view of people. It had special value to me as it had belonged to my brother-in-law who sadly took his own life and I had kept it to remember him by. I have also had things taken from a washing line, nothing of special value, but still annoying.

backstage pass

I haven't had any valuable clothing stolen, but I did lose some of my underwear from a suitcase in Spain. Someone had got into it to steal more valuable things and had tossed my knickers aside in the process. I had to buy new ones once I arrived! They took an expensive electronic dictionary (was a present from my husband) along with my husband's digital camera. Since they've changed the cabin luggage rules I rarely have the space to take every valuable thing on the plane with me so I always lock my suitcase and hope for the best...

I've also had bikes stolen and my mum's ex friend asked to 'borrow' a necklace of mine and never gave it back. She claims she has already given it back. It had been a present from my grandmother. No one is friends with her any more because she's clearly a kleptomaniac and gets violent as well.

backstage pass

my favorite umbrella to a childhood best friend I recently got in touch with again. In truth inside I didn't really want to offer it because it was my total favorite and just in case she lost it or broke it, but it was pouring, so, I felt it was the right thing to do. After I lent her my umbrella she mysteriously disappeared and will not contact me back! For over a year now ??? She was never the type as a kid to do something like that...

Also when I was younger my roommate stole my "security" tshirt I got from a bouncer (that was too big anyways) and 2 packs of ciggarettes. My parents/sister also took many of my things when I was younger (my parents took them because they didn't think they were appropriate, e.g., jeans with ripped knees.) But the only thing I really want back is my umbrella! lol! I have a thing about umbrellas

Life is Short

Last edited by Yasmin; 02-08-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
items, special, stolen