How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-06-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep+Jun 3rd, 2004 - 10:55 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheSoCalledPrep @ Jun 3rd, 2004 - 10:55 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:35 am
Big overcoat, a cool one. So when you take it off, not only are you dry, you look like a completely different person.
Good idea [/b][/quote]
He is just so smart!

04-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

i got this while i was in london at muji...you can cut it up to customize it...unisex and androgynous...

http://www.mujionline.com/shop_uk/pr...ge.asp?PID=283

04-06-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

And everyone loves Muji too...or maybe that's just me...

I wear an overcoat...it's Dior Monsieur...but I may attach a blue leather belt around the middle to make it a little more Dior Homme...

front row

It's always windy here in Reykjavik, making the rain horizontal. An umbrella will do no good.

-Dark Pants
-Long coat
-Spray silocone on all shoes
-wear hair up so the style isn't ruined if it rains/snows. or a hat ( personally don't like hats)
-wear makeup that can stand some rain, cream blush, waterproof mascara
-To look stylish and still be covered from the rain wear interesting scarves and gloves
-earrings that stand out

Try to make the best of it, it can even be sexy to get wet

05-06-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by runner@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 1:41 am
how about Junya's waterproof stuff? ( hard to find now, though)

backstage pass

You being in the tropics you want to look fr a water resistant linen rain coat, unlined and 3/4 length. Or a poplin rain coat, water resistant. You can alsojust get a nice light weight longer coat and add the silicone to make water resistant. You will know when to reapply the silicone. Cotton tops and pants underneath so that they may breathe in the humidity and also ry out fast. Shoes are up to you, you can also add silicone to them. You can usually get it a dry cleaners or shoe repair.

06-06-2004
chaos reigns

Great suggestions, everyone!
Keep 'em up!

trendsetter

Love the muji coat

3/4 length pants - or roll them up

Linen, cotton, natural fibers..... Monsoon is such a hassle, basically anything that will dry fastish

An umbrella..... they're such a hassle but mine doubles as a sun parasol (something I would never use at home but ).

The next problem for me is not how to stay dry in the rain but the humidity as well And that is another post.

Good luck

13-06-2004
backstage pass

I love winter clothing. A coat and an umbrella can be so cute.

16-06-2004
front row

The coat is a great idea!
Now add woolly textured scarves, beanies, gloves, patterned stockings, and whatever else you can think of.

29-09-2006
V.I.P.

Seeing as I live in Seattle, I can talk about this pretty well:

The rain here is ALWAYS diagonal. There is no way to avoid it. It is even worse if you are in any area that is not sidewalk-ed, because you will get lovely trails of gravel and stuff up your legs. Rule number 1? NEVER WEAR LONG PANTS. I don't care how cold it is, long pants are a no-no because they will get destroyed. That being said, if you have to walk any distance, have a jacket that is waterproof. It's hard when you're on a VERY tight budget to find a fashionable waterproof jacket and I haven't found one yet. Your hood becomes your best friend here but it can get really windy so umbrellas are out most of the time. Also flip-flops are a must because if they get destroyed, they can be replaced cheaply, and you don't ruin them by walking in water.

Also if it was raining when I had to walk up to my school bus stop, I would do my makeup on the bus or on some days, not even bother. Also 2nd period Hollywood/History was a primo time to get my makeup done.

And hair? You're best off going simple, a ponytail or a bun with some gel.

29-09-2006
chaos reigns

OMG! Trista!
You brought this thread back from the dead!!!

And the timing is perfect cuz we're in the middle of the rainy season!

A thing I do is to carry a change in the car ... and high water trousers are THE best and a loud fashion statement!

scenester

Clothes for rainy weather
I'm sorry if there is already a topic that covers my question, but I didn't find any.

As I will be studying in Ireland for the next semester, I'm looking for practical but nice clothes that resist rainy and cold weather. I've never been to Ireland yet, so I have no idea if I really need a raincoat, or something like that.

Can you help me out here? Unfortunately I cannot spend a fortune on new clothes, but there have to be some nice things in store on the high street, right? I only have a thin trenchcoat or some jackets for winter, but they're not water resistant.

I'd be pleased if you could post some pictures in order to inspire me!

Press escape to continue.

I would wait and get what is worn locally to be assured of finding the optimal rain gear for the zone you will be in up north. Try to find local craftspeople to make traditional items for you. You would make friends wherever you go in Ireland! Anyone can shop at a department store and find the same thing all over the world. Try to find things that you will always keep with you, with fond memories of your time in Ireland. And forget an umbrella. It's just one more thing to carry and leave behind by accident!

V.I.P.

I like wearing stockings, leggings or skinny jeans so the pants wont be dragged all wet on the ground. With a mini-dress or a big shirt over. Good thread for recently, it has been raining for 3 weeks in a row now, and it's pretty unusual. It's summer, so it's not cold though.

+umbrella and some fancy rain boots. OR flip-flops or barefoot, because, as I said, it's not cold, and I actually enjoy rainy weather very much .

Here's a pic of me taken some days ago.

Last edited by ivypixie; 11-07-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
rain, splash, wear