I loved you
1. Bold Prints
I love combining bright colored prints with subtle colors.
3. Heels, flats...
I'm developing a serious addiction for shoes. Heels or flats it doesn't matter as long as I like them.
3. Blue, green, brown, black and red
I wear different tones from those range of colors.
4. Wide loose legged pants
I've always had a heart for them
5. Sleek long dresses and big earrings
are usually my ideal look for a formal...
6. Slouchy big bags
tote bags and messenger bags are a must. I hardly feel comfortable with small handbags in fear of losing them.
7. A-Line Skirts
I love to combine A-Line skirts with something casual... comfortable and pretty.
8. Creating and customizing
Making t-shirts with some creativity has been my hobby
9. Cherry red nailpolish
I always wear this on my toes and fingernails just because.
10. Classic with a twist and major color
is what I would describe my style... If I were to wear a trench coat I would probably kick it up with red rainboots
Ok, where to start?
I love skinny trousers, the skinnyer the better, i got white, black, yellow, and offcoure lots of skinny denims. teamed with a pair of yellow cons, or flats, try walking around in London in heels on everyday basis.
Bags is my passion, no outfit complete without.
I love drapy slinky materials, I always think a top should be of slinky material and interesting cut.
My wardrobe stample is my Mcqueen skull scarf I have it with me everywhere.
I love Balenciaga R-T-W.
I hate seing someone else with the same outfit as me. My new obsession is puffball skirts.
I reinvent myself every season, when i look back 4 months my wardrobe was comepletly different.
I never used to like black, now I suddenly find a whole lot more in my wardobe, it can be so interesting just depending on the cut.
I see my wardrobe as urban, original, feminine with a hint of attitude.
Sorry for writing so much.
ooooh this is a sweet thread!
okee about me:
1) can't live without boots 3-4 (or less) inches below the knee.
2) i live in straight/pencil skirts ideally just above or at the knee. Cannot abide A-line or flared short skirts. Love looooong skirts too with a good silhouette.
3) colours: black looks best on me, then greys, crisp white, plum/purple, schiarparelli pink, royal blue, aqua blue & pinks. All browns/beiges make me look like a turd with legs. Like to play with bright colours, but find blacks/greys easiest
4) can never wear heel pumps or pointy-toes or strappy sandals w/ heels.
5) my favourite winter coat is made in Russia and has perfect princess cut - with the best hood and lines... wonderful wool. When my hubs bought it for me when courting, i knew he was serious. It's threadbare now - can't find a replica & may have it copied by a tailor.
6) i love warmth (eg. the hot dry of Marbella) but find it easier to dress for spring/fall - cuz i can wear my boots and skirts! :p
7) outfit i look best in: well made black turtleneck (not-ribbed knit) with just above knee black straight skirt & black boots.
8) fave pants right now is: deep lavender cords from H&M
9) looooove cardigans w/ a hoodie, but not bulky at all. i LOVE LOVE LOVE Mango!!! RW&Co is 2nd for their quality/cut and H&M for good finds.
10) my style is funky, comfy and sporty - but with clean lines and a good silhouette. i've got 2 pashminas but find i look like i'm wearing a tablecloth. Look crappy in a v-neck tee or in a collared shirt.
"The Earth is but One Country and Mankind its Citizens." Baha'u'llah
1. My hair is a work of freaking ART. I streak it pink, purple, or blue according to season and I don't bleach between colors so by the end of the year it looks water-colored.
2. I never really got over playing dress-up as a little kid, and I've been told it shows. Depending on my mood I look like a storybook princess, prince, mental patient, or alien. However, I look like a Nana Osaki cosplayer when I'm too lazy to yank on my pannier and I'm ashamed to say that more often that not, that's the case. >.>
3. Over the past year or so, I took my grandma's old sewing machine and taught myself how to sew. Real from-scratch sewing, not t-shirt surgery OMG-I-put-a-ribbon-on-it-I'm-such-a-style-maven sewing, mind you, and now I have the bug big time.
4. The inspiration for my look is Japanese street style. Everyone and their dog says that, I know, but I mean it. My mom got me a copy of FRUiTS when I was eight and it was all over; it was everything I wanted my clothes to be- loud, obnoxious, well put-together and above all, fun. I tend to get pissy if people sully the name of JStreet style by posing in their Urban Outfiters 80's-puke outfits and saying they're dressing 'Hair-a-joo-koo' style. *coughGWENSTEFANIcoughcough* Can't help it, it irks me.
5. I like me clothes tailored; the whole boho flowing skirts and empire waists thing just does not appeal to or look good on me.
6. Color is good, but so is black and white. When I'm feeling like color, I'll dress in technicolor and when I'm not their is none to be found. I never really wear a lot of olive greens and the like; there are literally no muted colors in my wardrobe.
7. I like stand-out accessories; big rings, piles of necklaces, cutesy hairclips, wrist cuffs. The word 'understated' is not in my vocabulary.
8. I have two, maybe three pairs of killer heels and I do not intend to get more and the only time I ever lace up a pair of sneakers is in gym class. Since I really don't like anything else, I wear flat boots of varying lengths and colors and, when I'm feeling obnoxious, the occassional platform.
9. Engrish t-shirts= gold. I have a bajillion incoherent and naughty t-shirts from all over the world, and no officious hall-moniter can stop me from running around with "MAD STALIN" printed across my chest.
10. Death before lo-rise.
Stefani's a douche. :D
1. I mix and match styles all the time so my closet fits all my everchanging style moods. My favourites are tomboy-ish (tweed jackets, newsboy caps, Converse Chucks), Lolita-esque (Polka dots, stripes, hearts, H&M Children's Department stuff), modern (simple clothes that make up for their simpleness because of their bold colours and awesome cuts, like my yellow Adidas 'core' jacket or that H&M tee with an yellow print that is in this incredible shade of pink you rarely see), hippie-rock-ish (flowy skirts, lingerie dresses and maybe some bits of ethni jewellery but also black eyeliner, worn-out jeans, fishnets and leather jackets) and gothicedwardianvictorian (black or dark-ish colours ... dark but romantic. I love this so much and it suits me well, but I get sick after too much of it. Some lace here and there, a timeless long black woolen coat etc ... actually there's an awesome thread here in TFS about it.).
2. I can walk in heels but the only heels I'll ever own are on my winter boots, it's flats all the time.
3. I wear lots of jeans. Love jeans. Always straight, a bit too wide and long but never like a sack.
4. Lots of my jewellery is actually vintage. Flea market finds or inherited stuff from family members (I have this gorgeous necklace from my grand-grandmother ... it's a fab shade of gold, round, with little patterns on it and some rubies. The most gorgeous thing I'll ever own).
5. Sometimes I get weird looks. Other times I get copied.
6. I hardly ever wear any classic and simple outfits (see pt. 1), but I have this awesome black turtleneck jumper that I put on whenever I need to look elegant or I feel sucky (it's super-soft, it's flattering and it's BLACK, what else could you want for a fancy winter dinner ... or a 7-hours-at-school-day while you're on your period UGH).
7. I buy too many handbags and wallets ... but we all got a weak spot I guess.
8. I'm actually quite flattered with my body type because I'm tall, slender, not very widely built and well, most clothes just fit me.
9. It's all about the layering in winter. I guess that's why I somehow end up looking mka-bobo-esque (don't get me wrong, I adore their style).
10. If I had to describe my style in three words it would be comfortable/casual, funky/edgy and playful (I know these are five words actually. Shh.)
worn in jeans
messy hair (i won't comb my hair, but it's so fine i dont really need to)
smiles, tan, freckles.
big middle eastern jewelry
morrocan toe hold sandals or bare feet
natural flowers in hair
and scuffed brown riding boots
Last edited by TokyoVogue; 04-05-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Of too many minds
Hmmm..only 10? I will try to keep it succinct!
1. I am still trying to get vintage right.
I love my little finds because I know they are one-of-a-kind! However it pains to have to buy something beautiful to discover that the sizing is off!
2. The sky's the limit for beautiful handbags that I love!
My one and only guilty pleasure! I wish I had more money sometimes!
3. I love shiny, crystal, gem-encrusted shoes!
Ok I lied (see no.2) but the strange thing about me is that I just buy these lovely shoes to keep them and look at them. I am really a flats-flip flops kinda of girl and have yet to master the endurance to walk around in 5-inch stilettoes for over an hour.
4. I always wear jeans
5. I love necklaces
6. I hate people who wears the same thing as me!
7. I love to wear belts becasue they pull my oufit together!
8.I would never wear fur.
Faux maybe but not the real thing
9.I love white tanks...I probably have the same design from a dozen different brands!
10.My current new love - long, flared skirts..the more colourful and ethnic-looking the better!
I thought the same thing but then i tried on this one white 80s style jacket i was blown away with how good i looked
or are you talking about like 'ow it hurts the animals'
cos then yah def. stick to the faux
Proponent of Plaid
1. Warm colors are my best bet. Orange is one of my favorite clothing colors, followed closely by red, then chocolate brown.
2. Accessories make me really happy, especially lots of bracelets and beaded necklaces. To that end, I do a lot of beadwork and wear my craft.
3. I won't buy something I could otherwise make. Thus, I don't buy many clothing items because I'm an experienced dressmaker and can make just about anything.
3. Funky is good, vintage is great.
4. "Secondhand" and "Free" are two of my favorite words.
5. Labels can bite my butt...especially logoes!
6. I love suit jackets, especially when made out of really odd fabrics.
7. I hate high-heels and love Doc Martens.
8. Speaking of accessories, I love hair clippies, and usually manage to stick 3-5 of 'em on my head to compliment my outfit.
9. Believe it or not, I've calmed down a little since I was 25.
10. Generally speaking, my clothes have to be fairly rough-and-tumble, because I'm that way. "Dry Clean Only" is not in my lexicon.
Great topic, Kimkhuu - and that style of yours sounds great, most of the girls I see walking around citycenter in my place are so overaccessorized and tend to wear too much pink and babyblue, I donīt like it at all...
1. SKINNY JEANS - I am obsessed with them, the skinnier, the better - I like those from Dior Homme best, they donīt cut the crotch too low like ACNE... geeez, expensive taste, as always ;_; !
2. SNEAKERS - I barely wear anything else than sneakers, my favourite of all time are those white, German army sneakers Dior Homme and Margiela have copied for some time now, they go well with the skinny jeans I always wear.
3. DRESS SHIRTS - The ones I wear most are in cotton Voile or Batiste, the kind of fabrics that you donīt iron because I hate nothing more than ironing - also, if you wash Voile a couple of times it gets a wonderful, ribbed texture which I like. I also like to wear them with rolled up sleeves in Summer.
4. MAQUILLAGE - I often paint my nails black, but it always looks messed up so that it doesnīt have a feminine touch. I also use black eyeshadow when I go out clubbing but never wear it for daytime... it would probably scare some of my clients 8).
5. BLACK, ALL BLACK? - Many of my clothes are black, but I donīt wear it solely, I tend to go for a muted down palette though - dark petrols, moss green, olive, dark browns, burgundy, charcoal, greys and faded rosé are my favourites. Besides the fact that itīs a womenswear collection, I always feel close to the colour palette at Rochas.
6. LAYERING - Tanktops, deep V-neck cardigans, T-shirts and waistcoats among the mix...
7. EXCENTRIC FABRICS - Metallics! Lame! Satin! I loved the offerings in early Dior Homme collections but couldnīt ever afford any of the glamrock stuff. I love my kitsch Helmut Lang wallet in snake-printed copper-metallic leather, though...haha!!
8. OVERSIZED KNITWEAR - Think Yohji or Rick Owens... But Dadīs old XXL sweater might do as well ...
9. BELTS - No outfit is complete without a belt, Iīd never go out without one so I have belts in all materials and colours. I tend to preffer those ones with a smaller buckle, though... and please, Shirts and Tanktops are supposed to be tucked into the pants... !
10. BLAZERS - I feel comfortable wearing tailored jackets, preferably short and very snug fitted - if only I would find a perfect one for me... My dream would be a bespoke jacket - high armholes, slim waistline, short length.
-I love skinny jeans,black or blue, extra long, with voluminous (bell or flared sleeve) tops-so a bit of a balancing act.
-Feather earrings are a new must for me. I recently got a great drop pair with big black feathers and green specked small feathers. These are my favourite:
-I have almost the same style every day but in different colours.
-I hate logos.
-Most of my wardrobe is black, grey, beige, navy, blue for jeans and white. Colour comes from handbags and earrings and belts.
-My style icons are Edie Sedgwick and Talitha Getty
-For me, a style icon cannot be a style icon if they don't have a followable personality to match.
-I get very annoyed when people in my social group copy me. It may be the sincerest form of flattery but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
-I am always wearing my bone bangle(something like this), , a matching ring, and a medium balenciaga bag, with chanel's rouge noir on my nails.
The world is moving so fast now that we start freaking long before our parents did because we don't ever stop to breathe anymore. the last kiss
|personal, style, things|