Ten things about your personal style - Page 42 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
01-02-2009
V.I.P.

1. I splurge on more long lasting pieces of clothing like structured jackets, trousers, gowns, heels and save a little on accessories.

2. Black, white and red is my favorite color combination. A black trouser, white classic blouse, and a red pump =

3. I like to mix vintage pieces with more modern designer pieces. A little animal print in moderation never really hurt me either.

4. Audrey Hepburn, Jackie O, Anne Hathaway, and Rachel Zoe are my main inspos for my style.

5. Fit is the utmost important thing to go for when buying outfits, imo. Quality before quantity.

6. I've never had to tailor any of my clothes, which is a great thing.

7. I don't look at the price when I shop, instead I look for quality, durability, style and practicality.

8. Dark wash skinny and straight leg jeans are my staple. I must have at least 5 pairs of them. Then comes trouser jeans, trousers, bermuda shorts and skirts.

9. I wear my make-up very light, and keep it all neutral during the day. My skin is an almond color so I make sure not to pack a lot and getting a pancake face . For evening, I ADORE the smoky eye.

10. Even though I'm 5'9" I still wear 3-4 inch heels. I don't care if I tower my friends, heels make me feel dangerous and sultry. I own a good 107 pairs of them. Yeah I'm crazy, so?

02-02-2009
rising star

Limy, you seem to be very wise when you go shopping ! I wish I was a little wise too and that I remember that less is more. I always buy many things I like, but few I adore.

03-02-2009
scenester

1. High-waisted skirts are my friends. I have a small waist and a big bum, and high-waisted skirts emphasize the shape of my body.
2. I love vintage jewelry.
3. I refuse to splurge on a trendy piece, I'll save my money for classic pieces. For example, I got a few harem and drop crotch pants for $9.95 each at Zara and there was no way I would pay more than that. I feel that splurging on classics or basics is best for me because I'll wear those daily.
4. I do my spring/summer shopping during the fall/winter and my fall/winter shopping in the spring/summer. This is a good way to take advantage of sales.
5. I LOVE makeup (especially MAC) and wanted to become a makeup artist but my mom said no. I personally feel that I am talented with makeup and I love experimenting with different looks. One minute, I'll wear a neutral look, the next I'll wear a smoky eye/bold lip combo.
6. I had been growing my hair out for about 4 years and I'm so sick of it that I'm going to cut it. Also, I've had brown hair all my life and I'm itching to dye it blue/black.
7. I find most inspiration from magazine editorials, movies, or a television show. Recently, I was digging around in a couple of my boxes in my basement and I found a 2006 copy of a magazine called Blowout and there was an amazing romantic editorial in there that inspired me so much.
8. I moved from Toronto to a much smaller city that isn't as open minded as Toronto. My style isn't out there, but I can't help but feel a bit insecure when I step outside my house and have people staring at me. Maybe they think I'm famous?
9. I would describe my style as romantic and feminine, but very dark and has a bit toughness to it, which pretty much sums up my personality. To me, clothes are an extension of one's personality and my style shows others that I'm romantic and feminine, but I have a dark, tough side as well.
10. Although my style is feminine, I wish I could pull off the androgony style that I adore on people like Freja Beha, but with my body type, it's not really possible. I'll just stick to admiring it!

windowshopping

1. My style's influenced by the music I listen to.
2. I wear jeans most of the time. And a lot of band tees.
3. I'm a minimal effort kind of person, so I keep it casual.
4. I wear Chucks, brightly colored Nikes, or flats most of the time.
5. Obsessed with sunglasses, shoes, purses..
6. I don't wear much jewelry, except for my woven friendship bracelets and a pair of earrings.
7. I like everything, from preppy to rocker to bohemian. So my style's kinda like a blender.
8. Hoodies.
9. My style icons are Hayley Williams, Agyness Deyn, and Mary-Kate Olsen.
10. I wear a lot of black and varying shades of blue.

backstage pass

hey, I quite posting or doing waywt (but it would be fun to start again)...
I thought I'd repost my '10 things' old list and then redo it now. It's been a few years and me and my style has really changed...

old list:
1)I have two belts. But I almost only wear the black 'punk rock' studded belt. I got too thin so it doesnt even really hold my pants up well. It's ok style but only by default. When people give me compiments on it, I think they are a bit behind the times.
2)Again. I dont have too many pants to chose from these days. I usualy wear the same pair of pants for a week or two. I like jeans usualy.
3) tshirts. Inside out or normal. Sometimes two at once.
4)addidas.
5)messy hair. Not on purpose it seems to go that way these last few years. Also alittle in need of a hair cut is fun
6)I like very low profile that looks realy cool. Too much flash or even a little seems stupid.
7) haveing a variety of addidas to choose from is nice. I have a pair of white with black stripes that were so ols and dirty that I finaly had to let go. They were nice to pull out once in a while.
8) No hair product. Everything must be sort of not too thought out.
9) I have a very cool german backpack. Sort of makes every outfit work.
10) have to start designing own cloths. And making own silksceen tshirts.

new list:
1) long hair
2)carefully selected name-brand/vintage conscious wardrobe.
2)'perfect' fitting jeans, pants (most in the $200+ range...)
3)tshirts... of differnt colors, and shapes... tight to baggy to low neck
4) mostly black or neutral hues, blended w some color
5)mixing in flashy high-end style with a bit of causal throw it on in the morning ethic
6) pay attention to what others and designers are doing, do a lot of trying of clothes on at boutiques etc...
7) still looking for the leather bag or bag as accesory item...
8) I regularly have clothes tailored, or deconstruct them myself for more specific fit/look
9) small collection of clothes (partly due to lack of more $$$) that I really like, if I dont I get rid of them.
10) sexy leopard print thong underwear... no, ah... for 10 I'll say... always trying to improve or expand my 'look'
11) sorry I need 11 cuz my style is so loud.

05-02-2009
#Resist

^ Thanks for taking back #10

& nice to have you back

05-02-2009
#Resist

^ Dija, my mother wanted me to be a home ec major like she was, and I said nuh-uh :p During my junior or senior year my school discontinued that major ... can you imagine how bad it would have been if I'd followed her wishes? You must follow your bliss, not someone else's

16-02-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Dija, my mother wanted me to be a home ec major like she was, and I said nuh-uh :p During my junior or senior year my school discontinued that major ... can you imagine how bad it would have been if I'd followed her wishes? You must follow your bliss, not someone else's
I agree, and it's a good thing you didn't follow your mom's wishes! She didn't want me to become a makeup artist because its a very competitive field and she said she just wants what's best for me. I told her that almost all fields are competitive, but if you have the passion and drive to succeed, you will.

backstage pass

1.I'm always wearing heels or boots.
2.I love my leather jackets.
3.I love my jewelry to be funky and unique.
4. I am always wearing some sort of hat.
5.Pencil skirts are the only skirts I will wear.
6. I wear tights with almost anything that shows my legs off.
7. My jeans come from Old Navy and Target.
8. I love mixing styles.
9. I usually wear my hair long.
10.Red lipstick is something I always love to wear.

16-02-2009
front row

1. I love wearing white large, loose fitting t-shirts & sometimes I shop for men's t-shirts. At the same time, I just love 'pretty', princess tops... As long as the top/shirt is 'pretty', I'm fine.
2. When I buy something I hope to wear it a lot & for a long time, so everything I buy is an investment. My mom threw away (without my permission) these black flats that were so overused & almost falling apart but I wouldn't let them go because I would wear them regardless of how trashed & worn they were... If I like something, I wear it to death... sadly. Price is not an issue for me because when I want something, I save up & work for it.
3. I love premium jeans & I have over 30 pairs of them... All types & washes.
4. As for jewelry, I used to wear either a black or white pearl necklace (the white one was stolen when my house was ransacked by a burglar), a satin bow & a Vivienne Westwood Bear choker (broke) on my neck, a gold chunky bracelet on my wrist, & rings... They are all from my mom's personal fine jewelry collection (except the black pearls, the VW choker, & the satin bow was self-made) but unfortunately burglars broke into our house last year & literally stole every piece of fine jewelry including my mom's Cartier watch that is no longer sold. Bummer. All she wears now is my Chanel costume jewelry ring & my black pearl necklace. I no longer wear jewelry except earrings (currently, I wear small white pearl earrings) because it's too high-maintenance as of now... Too lazy in the morning... and I don't care how I look when I go to school..
5. My hair has been long, straight and dark all the time. I have no plans of perming it or getting bangs or styling it any other way. I dyed my hair red two weeks ago but it doesn't show unless I'm under the sun since it's been less than 2 months since I dyed it jet black, so go figure.
6. I never wear makeup. In fact, I don't even know how to put on makeup. My brother asked me why I never do considering that most girls my age wear makeup. LOL. I don't need makeup & I'm fine without it. I'm naturally tanned, so I don't have too many issues with my complexion. I just know that once I start wearing makeup, I will feel naked without it & I don't want my skin to depend on it.
7. I love hoodies & I have so many of them. Some are the same style but different colors. Even one of my leather jackets has a hoodie.
8. I like neutral colors but my favorite color is blue. I used to wear blue contacts all the time until I ran out of them. I used to receive many compliments about my 'blue' eyes.
9. I like vintage looking items & I don't like the feel of new clothes, bags or shoes. It has to do w/ the stiffness & the smell which I don't really like.
10. I don't have a steady style. It all depends on my mood and the weather. When I feel like crap & have exams I wear a hoodie, jeans & nike dunks or vans or converse. When the weather is pretty, then maybe I'll wear a dress & some cute shoes and maybe heels. I haven't worn shorts or skirts for like 4 years... Probably because I feel insecure with my legs, considering that I gained quite some weight ever since I moved to the U.S. but I'm nevertheless slim & skinny... I just hate my legs.

I'm a senior in high school soon going off to college.. As much as I love fashion & all, I don't find myself fashionable in any way... I don't spend too much time choosing what to wear in the morning during weekdays but sometimes I do like to dress up & of course I love shopping.

For every college interview I've done so far, I have mentioned my passion for fashion.... to the likes of MIT, Brown, Princeton & Georgetown. LOL. My MIT interviewer seemed quite interested & should I say impressed that I spend my spare time looking at fashion magazines, & sewing garments than doing science research... & that I had the guts to say that.

21-02-2009
rising star

1. I never, ever, ever wear flat shoes unless I am going to the gym or coming home from a pedicure. At my college, this is a rare sight.

2. I have never owned Uggs.

3. I'm still addicted to skinny jeans. They work for me, so I probably will never give them up.

4. I like fur. And I am not ashamed of it.

5. To me, pearl earrings are perfect for most occasions.

6. I like to layer dresses with form-fitting tee-shirts, boyfriend sweaters, cardigans, etc.

7. I am obsessed with fitted blazers, long chunky cashmere sweaters, and this ruffly La Rok dress that I bought on sale this summer.

8. I bought this amazing pair of black patent leather Burberry boots a few seasons ago. I've worn the heel down so many times that I could put my shoemaker's three kids through college.

9. Marc by Marc = Impulse buys. I have bought so many skirts and dresses from his Marc by Marc line. They are cute, fashion-forward, and they always fit me perfectly.

10. In a pinch, I'll grab an outfit at Club Monaco. I bought an outfit there for fashion week when I was running out of time and I received the most compliments that day.

windowshopping

1.)I own about 5 pairs of shoes-closed-toe black high-heels, rainboots, metallic gold sandals, snow boots, and my favorite-Newbalance sneakers.
2.)My favorite stores are H&M and Nordstroms, when they have a sale.
3.)Almost everything I own is dark and/or warm-toned. I do not own anything in green, pastels or hot pink.
4.)I almost never wear jewelry except for earrings. I usually have studs on, but I like gold, delicate chandelier earrings and hoops as well.
5.)Most of my tops are V neck, 3/4 sleeved and less than $15-I dont really like to spend on tops.
6.)I feel incomplete if I am dressed up, but do not have any makeup on-I like to have on at least a little coverup, eyeliner and lipliner.
7.)I prefer black full length tights over leggings.
8.)I like everything to be fitted and flattering, some people can pull off loose but it makes me look terrible
9.)I have a love for outerwear and trenchcoats
10.)I hate handbags and I am terrible at picking one out-but I think that they are necessary so I usually opt for the most lightweight-Lesportsac haha

24-02-2009
#Resist

^ I was just reading the Stuff White People Like list, and New Balance sneakers is on it

24-02-2009
V.I.P.

1) during the day i pretty much love to wear jeans and a tee.
2) i love handbags and sunglasses
3) i also like sneakers a lot. just great to go to college, very practical
4) i dont leave the house without a necklace, perfume and earrings
5) i like layerings clothes
6) i hate hate hate skinny jeans, they just dont work for me at all
7) i love my black boots and my cowboy boots. ah and i cant forget my black high heel they're amazing
8) i prefer to buy long lasting clothes, rather than those that are very pretty but next year i wont be able to wear them again without looking silly
9) i dont like shirts that are too tight, i prefer loose tops with that pretty/preppy/classical/princess-like look
10) my hair is long, has always been and i dont intend to change it anytime soon

25-02-2009
front row

1. I buy way too many tops, especially basics. I have enough to last me a lifetime!
2. My style changes regularly.
3. Though I love looking at dresses and skirts, I never wear them. I feel much more comfortable in jeans/pants than I do in dresses/skirts.
4. I usually always buy designer jeans. I don't think high street jeans fit nicely. It is definitely worth the money to invest in them imo.
5. I rarely wear makeup. I don't really know how to apply some of it well (namely the eye area).. I'm also too lazy haha.
6. I like leopard print. I own hardly anything in it but I love the look if it's kept to a minimum and not tacky.
7. I splurge on my handbags. LOVE Balenciaga.
8. Boots, I buy/want tons of them but for some reason I rarely wear them. Also footwear related, I love to look at/buy sandals even though the weather is never good here.
9. I don't accessorise a lot. I prefer to keep it simple with a few pieces.
10. Brown, then White are probably my least favourite colours to wear.

Last edited by ~Shopaholic~; 25-02-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
personal, style, things