How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-01-2011
front row

1. I love to wear all black, or bright jewel colours, or mixed neutrals - i love all looks
2. Unlike a lot of people here, I love tracksuits! They definitely have a place in my wardrobe. Isabel marant marle grey tops and tracksuit pants, T by Alexander Wang tracksuit pants, as well as linen tees, lovely socks - love! But no tacky juicy couture or uggs for me.
3. I also love clashing prints, unexpected colour combinations and textures, as well as minimalism and plain clean lines with a twist
4. I'm much more crazy about skincare than makeup. I'm not very good at applying makeup but I do love black eyeliner and bright lips when I go out. Otherwise, I like the natural look.
5. Personally, I would never show cleavage, wear fur, and I couldn't care less about my nails (i don't like long nails)
6. I also hate fashion rules - i love certain looks more than others, however, surpassing that i feel strongly that everyone should enjoy what they wear and show what body parts they want to show and not care what anyone else thinks. I actually love it when people dress 'inappropriately'.
7. My true love is vintage. Natalie Joos is my inspiration!
8. My favourite labels at the moment are balenciaga, christopher kane, miu miu and proenza schouler. I also love dries van noten shoes.
9. Personally, I'm not into the stripper-barbie-fake tan-fake hair-men pleasing look. It's generally not a consideration that my clothes make my breasts look bigger or waist look thinner. It's all about how excited I am wearing wonderful pieces!
10. I love jen brill's hair. I love glossy, natural long dark brown hair

Last edited by raica; 30-01-2011 at 05:02 AM.

30-01-2011
rising star

1/ I wear my beat-up black Fiorentini + Baker ankle boots for everything. If I could, I would wear them to work and fancy occasions, too...

2/ I went through a phase where all I wanted to wear were dresses, because I was too lazy to pick whole outfits everyday. Now, I wear tights and leggings and black jeans all the time because they're slimming for me.

3/ Because of my body shape (short and top heavy), it's hard for me to just throw on anything and call it a day for fear of looking stumpy or boxy or pregnant. So I always have either a cardigan or a scarf to layer.

4/ I'm obsessed with shopping for bags, but at this point, I think I've found my 3 staples: a sparkly black Givenchy Nightingale, a black Balenciaga First, and a Noix (nutty brown) Balenciaga Flat Clutch!

5/ I don't like dangly earrings, I like crazy rings, I only like mens' watches.

6/ For some reason, I'm really attracted to shoes and bags in that beautiful natural whiskey/caramel/tan leather - but I wear a lot more black, and no browns.

7/ Unless I'm going out with friends, I never wear any makeup. Even when I do, it's just eye-liner and mascara, and maybe a red lip.

8/ Growing up, my more fashion-conservative friends would tell me that I liked "weird" and "ugly" things. Neon anoraks, corduroy duffel coats, platform shoes...I regret none of it.

9/ My go-to outfit in the winter is a loose shirt/sweater over some leggings or yoga pants and my boots. Maybe a scarf and some jewelry. In the summer: loose racer-back tanks with a cardigan or a jean jacket over some leggings or yoga pants. I'm somewhat predictable, in the fact that I like comfortable pants.

10/ Every year or so, I clean out my wardrobe and donate a ton of junk in an attempt to edit my closet and finally figure out my style. I'm still working on it...

30-01-2011
windowshopping

1) I need to accessorize. No way I can leave the house with a plain outfit. Even one necklace, or pair of earrings will do...I'm crazy

2) I love layering clothes. That's all.

3) Stripes are my best friend. Being serious.

4) I absolutely adore two-finger rings.

5) Wearing neon bright colors, orange nail polish, all that stuff makes me feel snazzy, yeah don't ask.

6) Fashion scarves and cardigans are my fave things to wear.

7) There is no number 7.........

8) I wear the colour navy blue often because it matches my tan skin tone.

9) Some of my outfits I get are inspired from some celebrities.

10) Fishnets and glovelettes; I find really attractive.

front row

1. Mostly wear black or florals
2. Sometimes i buy from thrift stores
3. Love all chanel slung bags
4. I choose winter dressing over summer dressing
5. I wish i would try a new colour on my lips instead of nude
6. Mostly have black shoes 85%
7. I think blackberry is also part of the outfit, something i love
when there a blackberry in the hand and an amazing outfit on the body
8. I always wear a primer with foundation
9. Red toe nails are a must! cliché though
10. Vogue is my mood board for what i wear next month

25-02-2011
front row

1. I'm in love with fashion, with clothes but I don't follow trends. I wear what I want to wear. Hate these In/Out things.

2. I wear hats most of the time.

3. Simplicity is the key word of my style.

4. Lots of beige/navy blue/black in my wardrobe and floral dresses.

5. I hardly take off a pair of boots I bought 6 years ago and wear them with skinny jeans all the time (jeans on the boots). - thanks to that some people call me Jim Morrison -

6. I'm in love with parkas.

7. I'm in love with clarks Desert Boots too.

8. People say my style is Rock'n'Roll. I don't like to categorize it though.

9. Blazers are my best friends (it's quite an obsession I have to admit).

10. I hate jewelry, so I don't wear any. (I might be the only girl in the world).

Last edited by GinAndTonic; 25-02-2011 at 01:13 PM.
25-02-2011
windowshopping

What a cute thread!

1. I have a very preppy/sloaney style. I love Jack Wills, Abercrombie, Joules, Crew...but I try and make it as feminine as I can.

2. I love wearing dresses, and do so as much as I can. I love short dresses because I am petite and it looks cute.

3. I love men's shirts, especially with skinny jeans, although I'm not tall or pretty enough to pull it off.

4. I have a massive collection of costume jewellery, and love dangly earrings.

5. I also love wearing pearls, wear my pearl studs to work everyday and necklaces at the weekends.

6. I have a good shoes collection, and love court shoes in all different colours and with embellishments. I love Irregular Choice shoes

7. I think make-up is amazing, I have too much and I wear a lot, every day. I cannot go out without my make-up mask on Benefit is my favourite, I love the packaging.

8. I wear my beaten up Fat Face flat tan boots everywhere, even though they probably should have been thrown out last year. I am always looking for the replacement for them.

9. I have banned myself from buying any new clothes for the whole of 2011 I need to work with what I have.

10. I sell loads of stuff on eBay because I get bored easily, and I'm trying to save some money.

front row

I wish we would all post one picture of ourselves that described our personal style, that would be so neat to see!!

scenester

1. I dont like wearing black on top or long black coats I think it overwhelms me but I think it looks good on other people at times
2. my favorite look is a salvatore ferragamo resort look
3. I dont like wearing necklaces
4. I like to wear mid height wedges for everyday/casual looks, never high heels with a thin heel
5. I do not like boots of any kind
6. I am so very tired of the skinny pants with t-shirt + blazer but do like the skinny pant with turtleneck+ blazer
7. I have always hated the 'plaid' lumberjack shirt
8. I love bright colors
9. I love shoes by Tods and Cole Haan I love the aesthetic but Cole Haan is more within my price range
10. I do not like polka dots on anyone

08-03-2011
V.I.P.

1. I don't like white shoes, just it's something ugly in them.
2. I HATE wearing black clothes- I have only one black dress (for some official events) and that's all.
3. When outside is very cold, like -15C (as recently) I wear my EMU shoes.
4. I'm crazy about elegant blouses, especially in white and pastel colors- I have thousands of them in my wardrobe.
5. I hate high- waisted trousers, I'd never wear them.
6. When it comes to makup, I'm addicted to eyeliner.
7. When out of home, I wear elegant clothes, but in my home I wear Hello Kitty gym suit.
8. I hate seeing somebody who doesn't care how he/she looks at all.
9. I love big bags, such as Givenchy Nightingale or Chloe Paraty.
10. I'd spend my last money on thing I love.

08-03-2011
windowshopping

Hi all! Here are my 10 things:

1. My wardrobe is probably 60% dresses.
2. What isn't dresses, is mostly jackets to go over those dresses.
3. I call my style 'fussy minimalist.' Fussy because it incorporates lots of details, but minimalist because the actual number of garments worn is very very small.
4. I have a thing for cowboys, and most of my jewelry (and some of my clothing) is cowboy-themed.
5. I hate stilettos, and get around my height challenge by wearing wedges instead!
6. Navy.
7. I make a lot of my own clothes!
8. I haven't worn jeans in close to three years.
9. I love contrasting colors, like in a colorblock outfit/dress.
10. I have a huge collection of lovely big bags, yet find myself using the same two cross-bodies every day!

Whew! That took some brainpower!

09-03-2011
front row

I like your ten things, raica!

09-03-2011
tfs star

1) I hate "trends" and in/out lists from magazines like Glamour,etc.
I'm annoyed when I see girls who wear skinny jeans, leather jackets and ray ban glasses and think they're so unique and inspiring. I like those clothes as well... But also try to add a little "extra" or uniqueness to it.
2) I don't wear alot of black. I'm a "summer" type according to a colour analysis I did once. Therefore I love rosé, pale blue, heather grey.
3) My favourite brands are acne, alexander wang. I wish I had more money though...I can only afford 1 or 2 pieces per month!
4) I can't stand Zara!
5) I would describe my style as clean, casual, minimalist.
6) My favourite outfit would be: grey or black jeans from acne, sheer alexander wang t and cardigan, heels in a bright colour and some nice Céline glasses.
7) Until very recently I didn't know what style I want to have or what suits me... I'm 24. I'm jealous of 16 year olds who already have a constistent style.
At the moment I try to follow the 5-piece-french-wardrobe routine and it's really helping me to think through what I want to buy and want to wear.
8) I love well manicured nails, preferably in dark red or a dark purple. I think it's looks incredibly sexy.
9) I have long light blonde thick hair - I think it's my best accessoire!
10) The most important items in my closet are...

bottom: black skinny jeans, well fitted blue jeans, a nice (not trashy) miniskirt,Wolford tights
top: sheer t-shirts that I like to wear with interesting bras underneath ;-))
long black tank tops, one cashmere sweater, 2-3 interesting and well made cardigans,
outer wear: wool coat for winter, trench coat and leather jacket (I want a new one though)
dress: little black dress, colourful summer dress
accesoires: interesting belts to wear over long t-shirts; statement necklace and rings as well as a scarf for summer and a thick one for winter
shoes: converse, ballerinas (unfortunately not from Lanvin ;-)), grey high heels with studded things...(sorry I don't know the english word)

Last edited by BonjourTristesse; 09-03-2011 at 12:58 PM.
03-04-2011
windowshopping

1. I have a thing for rockish and hippie clothing.

2. The colours that you'll most often see me in are black, greys and brown (very dull tones)

3. I have an unhealthy shoe obsession with Beatles boots, Loafers and Brogues.

4. I never ever show my cleavage.

5. I dress very sixties; my style icon is Edie Sedgwick. I do love the way men dress particularly in that era and I take a lot of inspiration from them. I’d say my style was quite tomboyish even though I wear a lot of dresses.

6. I also have an obsession with coats. I love, love, love my parkas and my favourites have to be my Union Jack blazer and black suede fringe jacket.

7. I hardly wear make up, my style is very undone and natural (I hate fake tan, fake eyelashes, fake everything)

8. I wear a lot of Skulls/Skeletons in tops and Jewellery.

9. You'll never catch me wearing anything from Juicy Couture, tracksuits or any sport type clothing.

10. I love black tights teamed with high waisted shorts and I only ever wear skinny jeans.

04-04-2011
rising star

1. Generally I wear black. On rare occasions I might wear cream/white, but generally it's always with something black. I'm trying to force myself to get into colours though

2. I wear black stockings almost every day. I don't like to show my bare legs.

3. Even though I've bought myself a pair of jeans, I've never worn them. I think skirts and dresses flatter my body shape a lot better than pants

4. A lot of the time I feel like I don't have my own style, and that my opinions on things is always evolving. I guess I have trouble trying to update my old goth self to a grown up version, whilst still remaining a little weird.

5. I never wear heels. Although I would love to, I just can't seem to walk in them (or avoid getting crippled feet).

6. Daphne Guinness is my biggest style inspiration.

7. I don't wear t-shirts etc unless it's to the gym.

8. I try to buy the best quality clothing I can afford, even though that means I have to wait until everything goes on sale!

9. Recently I've realised that I actually like fur. I'll only buy vintage fur, but I love the macabre aspect of it.

10. After years of having various different short-ish hairstyles, and one unwanted chemical haircut, I'm determined to grow my hair long! I'm always so jealous of people with beautiful long hair.

05-04-2011
windowshopping

1/ I love jewellery. There are periods when I only wanna wear earrings and periods when I don't wanna even see them. These past months though I've grown this huge addiction to rings. The bigger, the better.
2/ One of the most comfortable go-to outfits for me is oversized tshirts with black leather leggings and peep toe booties.
3/ I love high waisted cutoffs. Vintage Levis, studded, ripped, with safet pins on them, anything works!
4/ I actually enjoy the edgy, laid-back look. Looking cool without trying that hard- wearing basics like tank tops and shorts with tons of jewellery.
5/ I have a thing for blazers too. The more structured, the better.
6/ I like colours here and there, but I dont think they fit my personal style that much. A pale pink blazer paired with a tank top and jeans is the most I can wear.
7/ I love short well-manicured nails in gray, brown, black or beige, and I DESPISE long nails.
8/ Lately I've turned to DIY. I'm playing a lot with studs, but I wanna start recreating some clothes too, like a simple maxi skirt or a tank top.
9/ Mary-Kate Olsen and Erin Wasson are my biggest style crushes, I love almost everything they wear!
10/ Some of my favorite brands right now are Alexander Wang, Balmain, and almost EVERY brand on Nasty Gal.. MinkPink, One Teaspoon, Cheap Monday etc

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
personal, style, things