Ten things about your personal style - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock_blonde
My first post -
darker shades of denim
I'd have to agree with this one. I think it just looks more pulled together, even when you just have a plain solid color tee and a blazer.

What fresh hell is this.?

This is fun. So I will make one more

1: I tend to layer most of the shirts I'm wearing. Mostly in diffrent shades of one colour.

2: Lately I have be buying a lot of pattern, which I'm not used to.

3: I don't own a pair of earrings

4: I never wear only one colour

5: my basics are, jeans a blazer and a t.

6: I never wear a blue top with blue jeans, the same goes for shoes.

7: At the moment I almost can't see a pair of shorts without buying them

8: I never wear red, execpt from a few shoes

9: I chose shoes over bags any day. I don't get the bag thing

10: I get all my inspiration from TFS

kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
We think alike.
I was just about to say that to you when you said that you are thinking of turning all the jeans in your wardrobe into skinny jeans-that's exactly what I'm thinking of doing! Although I am afraid I will regret it at some point...

backstage pass

1. I wear always comfy old tees and jeans at home and my hair is a mess. I feel uncomfortable if I needed to wear my "better" clothes. Home is for relaxing..

2. My fav pyjama is 7 years old. It has many holes in it but it doesnīt matter. I just canīt throw it away

3. Classy is the description of my daywear. Jeans, blazer, button up shirts, long sleeved tees and basic tops. Black leather shoes and bag.

4. I love funky jewelry! I collect beaded bracelets and colourfull/ethnic bangles. Besides that I wear classy pearls and silver necklaces.

5. Colourful scarves are my must at winter.

6. I used to keep my nails long but now it has changed. Short nails with clear or red nail polish are so much easier to keep fixed

7. I love skirts and dresses but because of very cold winter I use them only at summer time. I like all lengths except very short mini skirts. They just donīt suit me

8. At freetime I like to wear my black Converse All Stars. Usually I wear heels.

9. I have colour phases. I can be obsessed with orange for a while, then I switch to turquoise and so on. While these phases I buy only this colour.

10. I like to wear colours but black is my basic. Never pink for me, it makes me look like a pig. Also light blue is only my fragrance, it doesnīt suit me as a colour.

01-06-2005
scenester

1. I have 2 closets, and 1 huge dresser packed out with clothes
2. I wear probably a third of what I own
3. half of my closet is white shirts, the rest are tan, black, green, turqouise and the odd red or pink. I prefer neutrals with my hair done and makeup(+accesories) over tons of color.
4. I live in my jeans, that I shop all over for becuase my legs are too long for most brands and express jeans are a nightmare-they fall off
5. I wear low heels and sandals 97% of the summer. I adore stilletos and the like, however, being 5'9" it doesn't pay for me to tower over everyone. I'm convinced the average male is shorter than me without shoes on
6. Chanel is my icon "In order to be irreplacable one must always be different"
7. Never do I ever stray from looking classy. I think it's all in how you wear things, not how much skin is revealed. IE, you can show a lot and still look classy if you do it right
8. As far as more reasonable brands go, I consider Abercrombie the devil. Can't stand the store for some reason(as well as AeroPastal, American Rag etc)..it's the same year after year.
9. Century 21 is my favorite store, for numerous reasons besides the sales, I love all of the random European designers for one of a kind pieces that aren't coming to a local mall. While I live close to the city(NY) it's still more convenient to shop in the suburbs
10. My next buy is going to be Chanel or Dior sunglasses. It's not a big deal what I choose. However, I think I want to be unoriginal and get the old style that I adore.

01-06-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLove
8. As far as more reasonable brands go, I consider Abercrombie the devil. Can't stand the store for some reason(as well as AeroPastal, American Rag etc)..it's the same year after year.
I lav Abercrombie. I think its pretty good standard american classic wear.

01-06-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleChic
1.) I would lounge around the house in an evening dress and heels if I could

2.) I love using my mom's old scarfs and my dad's old ties as belts.

3.) I can't stand wearing flats at all. I'd be much more confortable in stilettos than tennis shoes. I only own one pair of flats, and they're flip-flops, and pretty impracticial.

4.) I love classic styles, with a twist to spice things up.

5.) I'll take different trends from the "fashion icons" for teens, like Jessica, Paris, Mischa, but keep it more classic.

6.) I mostly wear jeans, but I almost always wear a dressy shirt.

7.) I've got to feel like a goddess/rock star/movie star is anything I wear. If I don't, I'd rather be naked.

8.) I won't even sleep in something that doesn't make me feel like a goddess/rock star/movie star.

9.) Audrey Hepburn is the goddess of fashion.

10.) If I could have anything I wanted, my entire closet would be full of Ralph Lauren.
You are awesome! We have alot in common!

fashion elite

- I love my high red pointy stil. heels, there is nothing more glam IMO. I try to pair them with everything...

- I didnt understand Seven jeans until I tried them on, now I think they are worth every penny. If you have a good pair of jeans you are always gonna have something to wear...

- I love tights! Patterns and solids! Fishnet are my favorite...

- To work I dress business lady like. Black, solids, small conservative prints, heels, hair back, and sophisticated makeup...

- I have learned so much from SATC, if it werent for them I would still be buying the entire outfit from the manaquin!

- I try to mix and match everything and wont wear the top that goes with the bottom on purpose!

- Dont do flats, shorts, tennis shoes (just to gym ofcourse, and I will break this rule when I get my Nike IDs), or boho look...

- Like many mentioned, I dont like to be copied nor like to wear the same thing twice...

- I seldom wear polish on toes or hands, just a clear coat on nails and trimmed toe nails. I believe that nude nails shows off the heel better than colorful nails. For special occassions I will wear polish- mostly red...

- I dont like natural material accessories like wood, seeds, beady stuff, etc. Peacock feather earrings are gorge, but would not go with much that I own...

- I try to invest in my wardrobe and do not like to buy cheap (bad quality) stuff ...

- My latest look is mixing Nike brand stuff with heels and jeans and other staples in my closet... I am loving Nike! And I wont buy any other sports brand (I know what a snob I am...)

- I dont mind logos but understand the concept of overkill...

- I only wear Swarovski crystal, not to say crystal is all I wear, but when I do wear bling its gotta be Swarovski brand...

- I will not buy cheap shoes because of quality reasons, not necessarily brand names...

- To sum up my style: I am feminine all the way with an artsy edge

scenester

Chad---Alright, so I'll correct my comment. I don't like the women's line. Some of the men's clothes are great basics and have a nice fit. However, when I go in--all I see in the women's section is the same thing: wool hoodies, shirts with labels and the odd cute tanktop..which just isn't my typical fashion.

adi
fashion insider

1. Green jacket that has three buttons in front (i should change those to black)
2. Leggins with skirt
3. Miniskirt made from my old jeans and customized to look ripped up+leggins
4. Yellow high Converse look-a-like shoes, red-white Vans, and pale green slip-in flats from DinSko
5. Bracelets and white long pearls that you can tie more than one time around your neck
6. Funky and weird t-shirts and tank tops
7. I totally adore scarfs. I'm planning to buy more when I get to Helsinki
8. Chains hanging from my hips and rivel belt
9. I want to look like a rock star so black hair with layers and lots of mascara and eyeliner ;p
10. I'm obsessed with my suitcase that i bought from second hand store. I carry it everywhere with me

Last edited by adi; 03-06-2005 at 05:13 PM.
03-06-2005
adi
fashion insider

rivel=rivet. stupid me

03-06-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLove
Chad---Alright, so I'll correct my comment. I don't like the women's line. Some of the men's clothes are great basics and have a nice fit. However, when I go in--all I see in the women's section is the same thing: wool hoodies, shirts with labels and the odd cute tanktop..which just isn't my typical fashion.
Yeah, you're absolutly right- they are pretty safe, basic items- didn't mean to come of mean. I actually work there now, so my opinion is no longer unbiased.
Turns out though, the fall/late summer is all about jeans (we're getting like 5k+ pairs at my store alone). I also like when they do blazers and stuff like that (got a great velvet one last season). Sorry for getting so off topic.

04-06-2005
V.I.P.

1. that it's still evolving
2. flip flops are a regular shoe for me
3. I don't think I have any style
4. i cut my hair off last september and i feel liberated
5. I only wear rosebud lip salve and black mascara on my face
6. that I wish I had 10% of the style my fellow TFS'ers have
7. I admire my younger sister Caroline's style...she's so cool
8. I often think that when I hit 30 my style will be defined
9. I love toe socks
10. not to sound cliche-esh but SATC has educated me....I'll watch my dvds ever so often....I even turn the volume down just so I can watch what they are wearing and not be distracted by the dialogue.

04-06-2005
windowshopping

1. I hate pointy shoes/Sex and the City fashion
2. My main rule: Never wear a whole outfit from the same source (i.e., mix mall with boutique and vintage) - otherwise I run the risk of looking trendy or straight out of the 40s
3. A good portion of my clothes are from vintage and thrift stores
4. I call my style "Guerrilla fashion" - creativity is not confined to the rich who can afford couture; I make my own luxury. Fashion should not be classist! (see my username, ha)
5. I'm terrible at wearing heels. My feet are narrow in the back and normal width in the front, so it's impossible to find heels that don't rub. My favorite are round toed pumps, retro/Eurotrash sneakers, and ballet flats
6. Makeup is just as important as clothes. Your face is an oft ignored part of the palette. I get creative with makeup, because what's the point of wearing it if you can't be artistic? I don't believe vanity is a good enough reason... anyway it must work because girls started copying my makeup at school MAC is my main brand for eyeshadow, and Aveda for lipstick. I always do cateye liquid liner.
7. I wear skirts and dresses more than anything - I only have two pairs of jeans I wear regularly, and they're both from Lucky.
8. I find excuses to get dressed up, and I "put on my face" and pay attention to my outfit every day - even if I'm just going to school. I appreciate fashion as an art and I hate lazy looking clothes. Plus, it makes me feel good in the morning - it calms me and wakes me up.
9. Gwen Stefani is my fashion/makeup icon :p
10. Like I said before, fashion is an extension of both my art and my ideology. I do not pay attention to trends; mine is a defined and defiant style. I appreciate couture as an artform and wish I could afford originals. I like designers that make it an experience, like John Galliano, Yohji Yamamoto, and Vivienne Westwood. However, I try not to get too attached to fashion and makeup because then it becomes an ego thing, not a pleasure.

Alright, a #11 because they're just that important to me....
11. I love pearls! Especially oversized pearls, or long flapperesque strands. Pearls and polka dots are my signatures.

And..I'm going to start college in the least fashionable school in the world next fall (University of Chicago).

Last edited by dotcommie; 04-06-2005 at 12:11 PM.
04-06-2005
|/mirror queen\|

1 Never try to combine things, like a red t-shirt with red shoes, donīt like combinations that are obvious

2 Try to have things that no one else i know have

3 I LOVE makeup but dont wear that much, although long lashes and gloss are a daily must

4 I love all things that are doll like

5 Like strange combinations, like a posh cardigan with old sneakers

6 Love pink and glittery stuff, Love Jeans and wear them most of the time

7 When my friends say that they saw something that "was really me", when i see it i really agree, so they know my style pretty well

8 love crazy nickers and never combine them with bras

9 Hate pyjamas and mostly all nightwear

10 love accessories

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
personal, style, things