How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2006
Power to the 99%

tFS F/W 06.07 Inspiration
So I wrote this in the Trend Spotting F/W 06.07 catwalk trend thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
Don't know if anyone's mentioned the tight standalone neck bow/bow tie ... some of these are a continuation of the fetishwear trend (which can't be over soon enough in my book :p)

I'm kind of surprised at how strongly grey (and of course black) continued ... I'm ready for something new, but apparently they're not :p

Since this season has been so relatively uninspiring, perhaps we need to create our own tFS inspiration for fall
So talk to me What kind of look are you thinking about putting together for this fall? What's inspiring you? What should designers be doing instead of what they did in what I think we all agree was a lackluster season? You're in charge now ... let it rip

08-03-2006
front row

im inspired by marc jacobs at both marc jacobs and vuitton...i know many people didnt like his looks, but i did. i lvoed them actually. also givenchy's mens looks were incredible..today i did tone on tone like i saw on the show. i love that look. but i like what i have been doing too, keeping true to myself.

here's my tone on tone look, you cant see in the pics but im wearing a black patent leather skinny tie with it...all the colours are either black or off white
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 23.jpg (33.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 15.jpg (66.8 KB, 5 views)

08-03-2006
barcode

I love the overall mood that a lot of designers were playing with, the slightly fetishized take on all things chic, the powerful femme fatale, but like you mentioned ta-ta, it was a lackluster season for womenswear.

I think grey will be the color of the season in all of it's incarnations (whic I'm very happy about, I have tons of it in my wardrobe), and I think sharper lines will be very important come fall.

As for menswear, I think designers are slowly getting out of boyish territory in favor of something more refined. And elaborate decoration seemed to be a trend, lots of beautiful embroideries. I'm thinking of adopting a cravat a la Dolce for fall, it really struck a cord with me.

I think I'm going to go for something monochrome, lots of grey's, black, ink and all those wonderful shadowy colors. Maybe mix in some more "dressy" pieces for day, and definitly cravats, they're gonna be HUGE (if I have my way at least)

Last edited by Spike413; 08-03-2006 at 10:53 PM.
09-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

I love the masculine-feminine game waaaaay too much... I see myself wearing men's trousers but with a soft edge...with something girly on top.... mixed with something a bit more wild in terms of accessories (and preferably fetishistic.... I have my eye on the Junya spiked shoes!!!! )....

I don't think that I am going to follow anyone designer alone... most likely a mixture of Ann D (trousers, jacket), Junya Watanabe (shoes) and Balenciaga (top) tied together with an amazing coat / jacket....

I like the contrast of hard and soft on everything...

Last edited by melt977; 09-03-2006 at 01:26 AM.
09-03-2006
flaunt the imperfection..

i think i need a thread for s/s 06 before i can start on f/w 06...

:p...

but i think the new comme collection will be a big influence on my fall wardrobe...
i also want more grey...
i know that some people are tired of it....
but i am really just beginning to explore it and am finding that there are so many wonderful possiblities...

09-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

Isn't it funny? I'm already in a f/w 06.07 mood... and the f/w 05.06 is not even done yet...

09-03-2006
flaunt the imperfection..

well- i am ALWAYS in a f/w mood...
which is why i need more help with s/s...

:p...

09-03-2006
PopWillEatItself

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
i think i need a thread for s/s 06
Well, see you there then!

09-03-2006
fashion icon

Probably even more Yohji with a little bit of Raf mixed in perhaps. Gotta see the Raf collection in person first though, some of his stuff from last fall didn't really fit my body shape. I wanna start dressing up a bit more, moving to something more refined as mentioned above.

09-03-2006
backstage pass

Well, I am going to put out my horseback riding uniform and try out some boy's clothes...!
People keep telling me that I look like a doll; therefore I keep dressing myself in little girl-like outfits: light shades, princess collar and babydolls...

After reading more and more I would like to challenge myself a bit. Something more monotone, waistcost and perhaps suits. No more flowery skirts and laces! It is my dream to become one of those cool ladies in Le Smoking....

But with my face...*sighs*

09-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
I wanna start dressing up a bit more, moving to something more refined as mentioned above.
I have to agree and I've been moving into this space since s/s 06 was revealed. The struggle for me is that it is my belief that one piece of your outfit should ALWAYS be casual, sometimes even humorously so, to balanace things out for ane veryday environment. This is a huge hurdle as I haven't been able to find too many items that fit this niche, but Nice Collective has done the trick of late.

An interesting thing to look at is what everyone is spending their money on to get ready for a/w 06... for A/W 05 and S/S 06 it was jeans but now I find myself purchasing cropped formal jackets, and lots of them!!

09-03-2006
V.I.P.

I'm slowly concocting a look I'm gonna try this F/W - inspired by pics I've seen of the Garman sisters, who were muses to ppl like Lucian Freud and Laurie Lee in the 20's-40's.

Mary Garman

Kathleen Garman

Lorna Garman

Apologies if I can't articulate it very well - but I'm thinking of subtle colours like silvery greys, copper toned browns, taupes, nudes and very dark greens and blues. If there's gonna be pattern, it would only be a hint - like faded florals or sombre coloured gemetrics. The sillhouette will be very loose and slightly dishevelled looking. Definitely not gonna be looking 'done' or 'preened'. I'm thinking of 20's/30's dropped waists and lots of layers of thin fabrics - gauze, soft silk knits. It's like a sort of Bloomsbury look - contrasting delicate looking clothes with sturdy shoes/boots and opaque tights. The Garmans liked to wear quirky accessories to pep up their otherwise quite simple wardrobe so I'm thinking of craft-orientated jewellery - brooches, subtly patterned scarves.

Pics from camdenjournal.co.uk

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
09-03-2006
no photos, no photos

susie--that sounds lovely

I'm with Soft....I can't seem to work out my Spring wardrobe just yet......

F/W.....I'd love one of those leopard scarves from Dries.....and a pair of spiked shoes from Junya's womens line

Last edited by purechris; 09-03-2006 at 11:34 AM.
09-03-2006
V.I.P.

^I dunno...I kinda always have these mental images of a certain look but end up executing it in a completely different way so this could all go a bit wrong in the end!

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
09-03-2006
no photos, no photos

which sounds perfectly you I mean that as the highest complement.....you are one of the few that pulls off, "this old thing, I just threw it on"

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0607, f or w, inspiration, tfs