How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-07-2008
tfs star

i hate flipflops myself, but im guilty as anyone for wearing them. im definetely a boot kind of girl. flip flops are the kind of shoes i keep switching into when my heels are horridly uncomfortable.

18-07-2008
windowshopping

Denim shorts or skirts. I hate the way they look... especially skirts.

21-07-2008
tfs star

^unless they're done right. i see what you mean but denim shorts can be really cute.

21-07-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
I don't see why so many people are drawn to flip-flops, since they lack both comfort and style. Not only are they unattractive on most feet, they have the unfortunate effect of making an irritating slapping noise every time one takes a step!
I wear them for the comfort, mostly at home and if I go to the beach. I dont think they're ugly. But I agree about the irritating noise.

08-08-2008
windowshopping

UGG BOOTS!
they are the alsmost the most horrific piece of footwear ever invented.
but they are not quite as bad as Crocs.
They literally make me feel sick!

14-10-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssiax View Post
UGG BOOTS!
they are the alsmost the most horrific piece of footwear ever invented.
but they are not quite as bad as Crocs.
They literally make me feel sick!
I know, Uggs are ugly, but it was the only kind of footwear I could wear when I was pregnant. Unfortunately my feet got really swollen :/ But Crocs I would never wear, even if I had to go barefeet.

I would never wear really highwasted pants. They can look great on other people, but they make my behind look like it´s 2 meters long.

Last edited by sofiascarlett; 14-10-2008 at 01:46 PM. Reason: I used bad language without realising

15-10-2008
backstage pass

high waisted jeans.....

15-10-2008
fashion icon

Waistoats
Floaty skirts
Sneakers
Denim jackets

15-10-2008
backstage pass

Baggy jeans.

HATE them

15-10-2008
windowshopping

low crotch jeans. it looks like you crapped your pants

15-10-2008
V.I.P.

- bell bottoms
- uggs
- high waisted jeans
- leg warmers

16-10-2008
army of lovers

Ed Hardy

18-10-2008
backstage pass

^
Agreed.
and Juicy Couture.

19-10-2008
front row

Going back a couple of pages to the irritation at flip-flops and unneccessary flag display, I was in WalMart a few years ago (I was a poor graduate student) when I saw flip-flops with flag design all over them. At that moment I realized just how out of hand the flag mania was. I'm sure they were meant to be rah-rah-patriotic, but I thought it was incredibly dumb to design an accessory that would require the wearer to walk on the flag as a sign of how silly-- er, patriotic they were. I mean, really. If I were to ever see someone wearing them, I don't think I could stop myself from pointing and laughing.

20-10-2008
tfs star

Things I hate and would never wear...

I don't really hate Vans-style slip-on sneakers (including knockoffs), but I wouldn't wear those much. Maybe it's part of my resentment of rock-influenced style that I wouldn't want to wear these sneakers. I appreciate the artistic approach to them as many of them are in all kinds of colors and styles.

You be the judge, but mean message clothing is something I hate and would never wear. The assumption of this is that you've never met the person to know what the wearer of a mean message-wearing garment actually feels about someone or something. I actually feel homme's mean message clothing is actually more offensive than femme's mean message stuff. I don't lower my standards to hating on people in my clothing or in my personality. Not even any of my Myspace or Facebook pictures have anything like flipping somebody off or hating on somebody. I'd never wear any of those because I think my style as well as how I am on the Internet is a reflection of who I am as a person. And if I don't believe in something, I don't wear/act that way.

WARNING: If you like the final item I have to share, feel free to disregard reading this final section. Pretend it never existed. You have been warned.

Okay, here we go. I don't care if Halloween is coming... anything with skulls in any style of way are something I sincerely hate and would never wear. I personally don't understand skulls. I don't understand what makes them so wearable and/or interesting. I associate skulls with death and evil (and rock). There have been a number of good looks I've seen... until there's a skull design visible. Like I've seen a bikini one of my friends wore. It was a cute swimsuit that was black with white accents, and black polka dots on those white accents. I liked that swimsuit... until there was a skull design on the bikini top. I don't understand what makes them even remotely fashionable. Skulls belong in bad movies and Goth-type rock fanatics... NOT anything trendy or cute. And there's nothing cute about skulls. I see no style in skulls or anything wearable about them. I don't want to go around promoting death or evil with skulls. And I'm certainly not a big rock fanatic. They should return to the Hot Topic stores... where they belong. I hate any clothing with skulls and would never wear them. That even includes accessories. You can't convince me to go get anything with skulls or make me wear anything with skulls. I don't care if it is Halloween time. I've been so burned out over skulls that I can't help but be disgusted seeing them.

I was looking around on gURL.com for opinions on skulls. As of the date of this post, there were 83 Digs on skulls and 47 Disses about skulls. See for yourself here: < http://www.gurl.com/react/dod/dilemm...697118,00.html >. Here's a "Dig" on them: "I have tights with skulls, and shirts with skulls. My mom is negative but I think it expresses who I am. No, I'm not gothic." Here's another: "I loved them when they first came ot now even the preppiest girls wear 'em and it ____es me off. Just stick with your Abercrombie clothes, k?". Now for some Disses: "They were cute two years ago... annoying now. They don't give off the 'rebel' or 'bada__' vibs. Some of the 'preppiest' girls I know wear skulls because they are just a trend. Skulls are just overdone." And then... "i hate it when clothing has skulls on it because (sometimes) the clothes are really cute (but then) they put skulls on them and then they are ruined."

This is good for me because I'm nobody's rebel. I hate skulls about as much as I hate '80s fashion. But still, someone has to make them wearable/fashionable. Who cares about looking "bad___ (you know)?" Maybe it's different that something not preppy or pretty is being worn, but I'd rather those than have to even look at skull-adorned fashion. That's what I think it has come down to- TOO MANY people trying to look (and maybe be) hard sporting skulls and stuff like that. I can tell who's hard just by looking at them. I'd never wear skulls on ANYTHING. I don't need to prove I'm rebellious just by wearing and having skulls around. I'm a rebel to a fashion fraud like skulls just by speaking my mind and showing very little disregard for a style like these pathetic skull-designed clothing styles. Even in the Trend Spotting thread about if stars will be the new skulls, I applaud stars because skulls are so outplayed. Honestly. Tell me. What's so fun about skulls and clothing with skull designs? There's no defending them for me. Even rhinestone skulls tick me off and raise my blood pressure to the point where I'm borderlining on death. I hope skulls go back where they belong and as far away from preppy and regular fashion as much as possible. Get these God-forsaken skulls out of my mind!!!

So anything with skulls is something I'd never wear and hate. Defend this all you want. You're not going to win me over with these.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, hate, things, wear