How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-08-2009
backstage pass

I loved anything colorful or awkward.

I was the kind to wear a dress with sneakers or boots, then go out and play with the boys. lol

I never gave a damn about getting dirty or that kind of stuff.

07-08-2009
trendsetter

I just thought of something else I LOVED that I would never touch again now. Laura Ashley. From ages about 8-11 I loved loved loved their floral dresses in summer and winter and those things that are like a jumper with no sleeves and puffy pant legs that they made (not sure what they're called). Anyway I thought that was the height of pretty and dainty and stylish at the time.

backstage pass

Everything of my mothers.

She had a very bohemian style and would wear these long flowy skirts and the string that was used to tie around the waist always had these ball shaped bells. I would always jangle them.

My mother always had very short pixie hair ala Audrey Hepburn in the 50's. I loved it and would always cut my barbie doll's hair into the same fashion.

Lipstick and blush. My mom always used very pretty reds and pinks and I would kiss her just so some would rub off on me.

Wedding dresses. My aunt is the odd one out of really tall people in my family. She's only 5'0. So by the time I was 8 I was her height. I used to run around the house in her wedding dress holding sunflowers clipped from my grandmother's garden and pretend I was getting married to some tall handsome man.

V.I.P.

I loved everything shiny and poofy and colorful and over the top. My mom would have to talk me out of wearing a poofy prom type dress when she was going over to a friends or grocery, but sometimes she'd let me wear it.

My taste is a little less tacky but I still love fun, bright, unusual clothes.

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

Case in point - mismatched neon shoe laces and stripped leggings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (103.9 KB, 2 views)

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

i only remember hating fleece

Last edited by gius; 20-08-2009 at 02:08 PM.
18-08-2009
backstage pass

flowery leggings, jelly shoes, doodles, long white socks with summery dresses

rising star

Overalls. I seem to have been very fond of a red corduroy pair I wore when I was living in Sweden as a kid. I also seemed to favour a navy blue pair a couple of years down the track. Worn with a white skivvy, white socks and navy Mary Janes.
Dressing myself. Apparently even when I struggled to put something on I still wouldn't let anyone help me, I just had to do it on my own. I remember doing through a hating skirts and dresses phase and only wearing pants.
Pigtails, plaits and braids. I remember one morning when I was 5 or 6, Mum wasn't home and Dad had to do my hair for school and he tried to do a ponytail and I screamed like a banshee because he accidentally pulled my hair too tight and left bumps up the top.
Red and pink
Ballerina outfit that I wore when I did ballet. I didn't need anything other than a leotard, shoes and tights for class but I insisted on having a light pink wrap and a pink tutu, all put in my Hello Kitty "bus" bag.
My red beret and scottie dog scarf
My mum's black leather booties and tan leather knee high boots
My mum's jewellery - I still wear some of it
My mum had a pink sweater with tiny white spots and I remember thinking it was the prettiest thing I had ever seen and just taking it out of the drawer and staring at it.
My dad's clogs. They were far too big for me for years but they fit me now and I use them mainly for pottering outside.

18-08-2009
?

Mary Jane shoes, corduroy (especially in coats) and dresses of course.
I also loved brooches (still do) and velvet. My mother always dressed me in lovely velvet dresses for Christmas; she made copies for my favorite dolls as well
I started picking out my outfits when I was about five. I remember how I absolutely insisted on wearing a white shirt and my hair a certain style for a pre-school picture. I think my earliest memory of clothes is from when I was three and got a red dress that I just had to wear to the playground. I was so happy. My god..

trendsetter

I loved flowery, frilly, lacey... anything girl and pretty. I especially loved Alice in Wonderland inspired dresses with the pinafore and Peter Pan collars. Mary-Janes and shoes that made noises or had sparkles were my footwear of choice.

I did go through a phase (early 90s) of denim, plaid, and designing your own t-shirts (with puff paint!)... but who didn't in the 90s?

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

there was puff paint in the 90s? ^ i've only heard about puff paint recently.. like a year ago

i've seen it on shirts
but never seen the actual paint to buy and use myself till now

18-08-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

I remember that my friends and I used to be obsessed by those white sneakers with velcro that would lighten up when we'd walk . Damn that was the coolest things ever Sadly we were only allowed to wear them outside of school

V.I.P.

oh also the sneakers that had tiny wheels hidden on the heels^ you can walk normally and then if you felt like it slide/skate across the room...

18-08-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

^oh yeees! My mom never agreed to buy me those

windowshopping

When I was little, I was enamored with the long flowy gowns of fairies and gauzy scarves. So it was surprising that I spend most of my teenage years with pants, trenchcoats, men's shirts, and short hair. Now I'm making up for lost time and collecting all things silky and gauzy. =D

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attracted, child, things