How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-06-2006
scenester

Things you were attracted to as a child?
What clothes/items did you love when you were are kid and where there any items that you really wanted?

When i was a kid i loved my jelly shoes,by the time my first pair wore out the trend had faded and i could never find a better pair anywhere lol.
Also there was this ring my sister had,i loved it..it was a silver ring that was like a snake coiled around the finger, i always used to sneak into her jewlerry box and admire the ring I'm still looking for something similar to it now

20-06-2006
Fierce Flava

High heels- Go figure. I'm a nut now.

Purple eyeshadow. I wanted a makeup brush because it tickled. Now I'm a makeup addict.

I wanted a tiara and a tutu because ballerinas wore them and my sister had them because she took ballet, but I wanted to have the outfit and not the class. My mom gave me ballet style slippers to shut me up for a while.

Snoopy backpack- he was my hero when I was 3.

Black barbie. Someone told me there was a really dark Barbie and I never seen one or believed them so I wanted one for myself.

And the funniest thing....I wanted a headband because my mommy's gay aerobics teacher and her gay friend wore them and everyone loved them. I figured I guess as a child that everyone would adore me like they were. Now we all know better, but maybe thats how it started... gay man trapped in a womans body over here

20-06-2006
rising star

Tulip dress , high heels, fragrances, ballet shoes

20-06-2006
scenester

L.A. Gear sneakers. You know, the ones that lit up on the bottom everytime you took a step? I was craaaazy about those!

20-06-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by theridiculous
L.A. Gear sneakers. You know, the ones that lit up on the bottom everytime you took a step? I was craaaazy about those!
I used to have teenage ninja turtles sneakers that lit up when you walk when i was 4 but they were stolen after i left them in the car when my mum got her car fixed.

20-06-2006
front row

At age 3 I was already attracted to jewellery, especially turquoises and coral, according to my mother I used to press my nose against the jewellers shopwindow like other kids do at toyshops. Years on, the fascination has but increased

21-06-2006
fashion icon

Anything i could find in mom's wardrobe, especially jewels and scarves, but perfumes i also adored. Once i poured all the givenchy perfume on me...

21-06-2006
V.I.P.

Tights, tights, tights in all the colours that exist! Hey, I was a '90s-kid, off course I wore tights. And I always wanted long, black boots. Some Kate Moss-ish ones.

I was also the skinniest&tallest kid ever, bones sticking out everywhere, and my BIGGEST dream was jeans that was tight, since I didn't had hips, and I never found these jeans tight enough for me without being too short. Nah... was it really the jeans I wanted? Or was it HIPS I wanted? Oh, man, hips was my biggest dream when I was kid, so clothes would be tight and fit me.

What a paradox, now my hips is the thing on my body I HATE the most.

scenester

I used to love Rainbow Brite (remember her? :'( ) and so had a HUGE collection of rainbow derived clothing, including a pair of rainbow gumboots and rainbow socks and a rainbow party dress mum made specially for me

image credit: www.hallmarklicensing.com

front row

I used to stuff things in my pants and under my shirt. I was like 5 or 6 years old. Some sort of weird fashiony thingy, perhaps? God that was a weird phase.

21-06-2006
fashion elite

I have always loved BLACK shoes.

I used to wear this ankle high black Reebox sneaks like everywhere. I lived in those things.

I'd wear them with shorts and tank tops in the summer. And I was always really skinny growing up.

My stepmother hated them, said my legs looked like toothpicks stuck into black jelly beans.

21-06-2006
tfs star

According to family-legend (which I really dont remember)...there was this blue coat w/ a red hood & white fur lining around the hood, and I wore it everywhere, everyday, all the time...To bed, to breakfast, to dinner..and, from what Dad tells me, everytime he would try to take it off, I'd throw a fit and start crying.

So I guess even at a young age, I'd get upset if I couldnt wear what I wanted to..Hmmm..

21-06-2006
V.I.P.

Near the age of six or seven, I remember wanting high-tops before the start of a new school year - at the last minute, I went searching with my parents in tow, but we weren't successful in finding a pair in time... funny how the things I never managed to acquire have left the most lasting impression... But I cherished my collections of 'jelly' sandals, Scrunchies, leggings, oversized chenille sweaters...

Power to the 99%

I was just thinking about this recently when I bought a pair of red shoes for the first time in forever ... I loved red when I was a little kid. My mother always got me brown or black shoes, but one time she ordered one of these and red came by accident. I begged to keep them (and did), and they clashed horribly with this orange dress I had at the time

I also absolutely loved these red corduroy overalls I had when I was about 2 years old. I am wearing them in one of my very first memories, walking down the staircase in my grandmother's house when I was so short I had to sway and reeeeach for the next step. I was going down to the kitchen to eat breakfast and I remember all the wonderful smells of pancakes and sausage and maple syrup wafting up the stairs. I had a doll named Gretchen with blonde yarn braids and she had matching red corduroy overalls that I assume my mom must have made for her

21-06-2006
flaunt the imperfection

BOYS............

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attracted, child, things