How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-11-2006
V.I.P.

I agree with Soft, very good points.

19-11-2006
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan-i-ta
Please remove them, they are no good on this thread anyway.
i don't really agree- do you not know the credits...?
i'd like to keep them...cause we should be able to discuss both homme and femme options...so that more people can benefit from this discussion...

20-11-2006
V.I.P.

Here you go

style.com

Dior Homme coat (browns.com)
Rick Owens sweater (browns.com)
Sass&Bide jeans (elle.com)
Sass&Bide belt (net-a-porter.com)
Christian Louboutin shoes (net-a-porter.com)
Marni bag (marni.com)

Venessa Bruno dress (browns.com)
Marni coat (marni.com)
Balenciaga shoes (balenciaga.com)
Echo scarf (instyle.com)
Giorgio Armani bag (vogue.co.jp)
Necklace (vivre.com)

Dior Homme Coat (browns.com)
Richard Nicoll tunic (browns.com)
Venessa Bruno Leggings (net-a-porter.com)
Givenchy shoes & clutch (vogue.co.jp)
Gloves (forzieri.com)

Ann Sofie Back knit top (browns.com)
Rick Owens jacket (net-a-porter.com)
Armani Exchange jeans (elle.com)
Alexander McQueen mens scarf (browns.com)
Burberry bag (burberryusaonline.com)
Sergio Rossi boots (style.com)

J. Mendel coat (elle.com)
Dior dress(elle.com)
Dior shoes (vogue.it)
Calvin Klein clutch (elle.com)
Kenneth Jay Lane cuff + earings (vire.com)

26-11-2006
V.I.P.

kan-i-ta - I love that collage of outfits! And that purple purse is devine

backstage pass

How about colour? I think colours like forest green and deep blue can be used in combination with the grey's and black.

I really like colour, so it's a bit hard to make that look 'darkish'. So I'm going for more deep and/or faded colours. I prefer cooler over warmer tones with this look .

28-11-2006
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewormany
How about colour? I think colours like forest green and deep blue can be used in combination with the grey's and black.

I really like colour, so it's a bit hard to make that look 'darkish'. So I'm going for more deep and/or faded colours. I prefer cooler over warmer tones with this look .
That's a good way of looking at it...if you're looking for colour but still want the darker look.
having a brighter colour in a faded tone would be a good way of doing it..
Another way you cuold do this is having some dark clothes in dark greys, blacks, containing bits of colours here and there. T shirts with bright designs, or assymetrical patterns...not sure about what style you have or age.

29-11-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewormany
I really like clothes with somekind of 'dark touch' (really don't know how else to describe it) but find it very hard to translate this into my own wardrobe/style. Black clothes look awfull on me (they make me look sick, and that isn't the look i'm aiming for) and skulls and such seem so obvious. So I wonder if anyone has any tips or advice? Help is much appreciated
Navy is a good alternative, or some other dark blue. Also someone already said purple. Since it has a rich tone it can still look "dark". Navy & Gray look great together imo

dsq
backstage pass

i think these accessories from miss bibi are excellent to add a touch of darkness to your outfit

Quote:
The "Intrig" collection by MissBibi is inspired by every mystery game in existence. Get set to unveil an assortment of unique and extraordinary designs, all of which evoke sentiments of a dark and yet intriguing world. Think earrings with a butchers knife, high-heeled rings, gun and saw necklaces and more.
www.colette.fr

07-11-2010
backstage pass

And bump .

Quite an old topic, but to me still relevant.
At the moment I wear mostly shades of grey and blue, maybe not nessecarily dark colours but definatly moody. Especially with the dark days ahead (winter is finally kicking in here it seems) I find myself longing for dark blues, greys, forest green and even deep red (a colour i detested for quite some time ).

08-11-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelinen View Post
I'd take a look on some film noirs and famous femme fatales' wardrobes.
That sounds great, any recommendations anyone?

08-11-2010
V.I.P.

Every now and then I have phases of trying not to dress dark and to dress colorful instead. But I just don't feel like myself when wearing colors. Dark purple and petrol blue are fine, but other than that I only wear black, washed black, anthracite, mud, mushroom, grey, etc...
Needless to say Haider Ackermann and Rick Owens items are perfect to create the dark look

08-11-2010
V.I.P.

hey fewormany, nice of you to bring your topic back up. When I read your post, I thought the main issue is not so much about colour but style -with the examples you mentioned.

I read through the whole thread -and I think celebrities aside, there are mainly two classes under this 'theme' that pop up during fashion week, and each of which have all their own smaller sub-groups.
One's dressed up (demeulemeester) and the other, more nomadic or dystopian like (rick o). So if you imagine going for one or the other, in the first you often take formal elements like smoking jacket I guess, everything's very clean and so on while in the second, it's like what would happen if you did live in that kind of society? lol I'm maybe going into it a little too far but I just think... watching the Matrix or something, the end of the world, people are wearing these shirts that are well-worn, almost falling apart and they may also be wearing fabrics that are very tough because that's what you'd need or what would expect in that kind of place.

I've got the impression that you maybe design your own things and I think that would be the easiest way to fulfill this ideal of yours :-P Because like for myself, I find black too oppressive and I do have to get the shade absolutely specific to match my skin tone or it throws everything off... Since you're only working with dark colours, you only need a few dyes anyway or maybe just black and you can recolour the ones you already have.

08-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
hey fewormany, nice of you to bring your topic back up. When I read your post, I thought the main issue is not so much about colour but style -with the examples you mentioned.

I read through the whole thread -and I think celebrities aside, there are mainly two classes under this 'theme' that pop up during fashion week, and each of which have all their own smaller sub-groups.
One's dressed up (demeulemeester) and the other, more nomadic or dystopian like (rick o). So if you imagine going for one or the other, in the first you often take formal elements like smoking jacket I guess, everything's very clean and so on while in the second, it's like what would happen if you did live in that kind of society? lol I'm maybe going into it a little too far but I just think... watching the Matrix or something, the end of the world, people are wearing these shirts that are well-worn, almost falling apart and they may also be wearing fabrics that are very tough because that's what you'd need or what would expect in that kind of place.

I've got the impression that you maybe design your own things and I think that would be the easiest way to fulfill this ideal of yours :-P Because like for myself, I find black too oppressive and I do have to get the shade absolutely specific to match my skin tone or it throws everything off... Since you're only working with dark colours, you only need a few dyes anyway or maybe just black and you can recolour the ones you already have.
Thanks for your reply. First, I wish I could design my own clothes . That would make things so much (or at least a little) easier!

Stylewise it's pretty hard to find interesting things. I'm a student so my options are a bit more limited and the high street doesn't really offer anyting 'special' it seems.

My style isn't really dressed up (as soon as I wear a shirt people think I have something fancy to attend..), but not really nomadic either.
In my ideal world I'd dress like a urban ninja/vampire, but I don't see that happening anytime soon .

08-11-2010
V.I.P.

Oh I see. Just feeling weird about that post now.. oversimplified for sure. And not to say it is schematic at all for designers. Designing is much more than that I'm not sure either where you'd find those clothes, but you can also trace clothes you own now, which fit well, and redo them in new fabrics and styles. I remember Thread magazine has an article on that online. Then even investing in a mannequin when you want to go a bit further

Last edited by gius; 08-11-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
darkness, touch