How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-02-2006
scenester

Uniform Help!!!
Im in high School and our uniforms are really boyish looking. We wear adidas navy with white stripes sweatpants or shorts.They have to be white w/ navy. For our shirts we have t-shirts white, gray, and navy blue with the school logo. Then for our sweaters we have plain grey pullover hoodie sweater w/ the school logo. Do any of you have any idea on how to make my uniform look more stylish or just fashionable. PS we really dont have any strict uniform rules. I would really appreciate any advice given.

25-03-2006
rising star

Wear light coloured turtlenecks underneath.

25-03-2006
meet the press

i used to wear an uniform to school. but i had to wear a navy blue skirt, so that made it kinda girly.

i guess if you have to wear shorts, don't choose the loose type, though the super tight ones wouldn't look good either, just choose a middle between those two.
as you have to wear sweatpants, or shorts which aren't fitting pieces of cloth, go for tshirts and a hoodie that are tighter. so you'll balance the loose bottom.

if you don't have strict rules for the uniform, it'd be cool if you could find some accessories. for ex, necklaces, bracelets, headbands. and you can take them off when necesary.

also, if you have to wear snickers, go for the 'girly looking' ones (i can notice the difference :p), with pink details or something.

fashion icon

Would you maybe even be able to wear colored chuck taylors? That could make it look cuter if you wore them in bright colors

26-03-2006
V.I.P.

My advice-wear less accessories with the shorts unless you're wearing Soffe shorts, which in that case you can wear lots of them.

Get rhinestoned hair accessories as well, and socks can be fun too.

09-04-2006
rising star

make up, fun make up

Power to the 99%

I would have fun with jewelry too (in addition to makeup). Never too soon to start building a nice collection

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
uniform