How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-01-2006
V.I.P.

I think donate 1 + 2, store/wear 3.

06-01-2006
front row

donate all 3

keep on posting - this is fun!

07-01-2006
V.I.P.

Thanks for the feedback ladies

Alterations aren't an option... not 2 sizes in that direction And I'm really fine with that, so there's not a weight loss plan. "Just in case" was like if I became a stress case and lost weight... which isn't really what I'm aiming for :p So I appreciate the push. I'll put some research into consignment. Thanks!

PS - Perlefine - very nice to see you around

08-01-2006
front row

Store 1 and 3 and donate 2.

Doesn't this depend a bit on quality too? When I am weeding through my wardrobe, I think generally just get rid of the cheapy stuff but store any of the designer or quality vintage things.
Then if it gets trendy later, or you just have that urge for a particular style, you can always pick it up again. But don't let the real quality stuff go.

Also, how long to wait with something? Right now, I suppose I should throw out all my boot-cut, flared or wide jeans and pants as all the fashion hype is about them being completely played out.
But then I will be wearing skirts/dresses for the next year . . . . .

08-01-2006
backstage pass

^ I only like to wear flared pants so obviously I won't be getting rid of mine. I am also confident they will come back (sooner rather than later), so if you're not willing to be unfashionable in them, I suggest store them for their inevitable comeback.

Thank you for all the feedback on the shoes. What diverse opinions! I will try to post some other "undecided-upon" clothing items soon!, and I'd love to see what's in the back of some of other people's closets C'mon I know you have those clothes that have been spending way more time on the hanger than anywhere else

26-01-2006
& b

Last Call
So I was searching for a thread where I could ask you fellow members about something I own that Im not sure if I should get rid of or not... in my case I can put them on ebay, but I dont want to, I wont get half the money I paid for these.

Anyway, this thread is for you all that are confused about what to do with these items that are collecting dust in your closet... hey, two minds think better than one, imagine what 1,000 minds can do??

Ok first shot, these green Prada sandals, what to do with them? I like them, but I dont know if they're up to date for this summer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6691.jpg (20.1 KB, 7 views)

Of too many minds

With the right outfit I think you can work these green sandals way into this summer and maybe the next.

I say keep them, and wear them.
Heck, if I can still locate these sandals, I would get a pair too..I think they are very outstanding.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
26-01-2006
fashion elite

what a fantastic idea...major karma to you Alejandro

being a fellow ebay fanatic....i think this will work very well

oh and the sandals...i really should give my input ...

uumm...not a great fan..i think you shoudl sell them and invest ina better pair

Last edited by *tata*; 26-01-2006 at 11:18 PM.
27-01-2006
V.I.P.

Merging with existing thread in Personal Style

27-01-2006
front row

i think those sandals look good on your feet and you should keep them for a while longer. $0.02

07-02-2006
backstage pass

Alejandro, I like those sandals, but they are on the femme side (I thought they were girls' feet before I saw who posted it, because of the sandals, not the feet) so while I am not saying that they are way too girly, if you are comfortable with that gender-ambivalent aspect of them, they are cute and you should keep them. If I had a pair like that, I would!

What does everyone think of this sweatercoat? I believe it is polyester. I have never actually worn it. It can't be worn with the one button done up because that's right over my chest so it gets stretched. I feel like, on the one hand, it's not the world's most beautiful sweatercoat, but on the other hand, I already have it and they are not out for this spring... Maybe I could wear it open with the sleeves a bit rolled... on top of... I'm not sure what yet.

PS. For anyone interested I only kept sandals #3 from my last post. After tabulating all the votes those ones got the most yays, and I think you all were right! And I like chunk, over or not, hehe.

Last edited by Yasmin; 07-02-2006 at 12:39 PM.
09-02-2006
backstage pass

Hmm, anyone???

09-02-2006
offline.

On the hanger, the sweater looks kinda frumpy... maybe if I saw a picture of it on you??

09-02-2006
front row

Well, since you asked....I have yet to see a sweatercoat that looks really good on anyone. Warm, yes. Stylish, not so much.

And since this one is polyester and probably not that warm, my vote is for donate.

16-02-2006
trendsetter

Alejandro, keep the sandals. They're cute.
I would donate the sweater and the shoes.

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
donate, return, sell, store, wear