How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-03-2011
chaos reigns

Wearing all white looks
Ok .. so after wasting a good hour and something of my life watching "G.I. Joe: Rise of the cobra", there was this ninja character who dressed all-white, all of the time. And I thought: Does anybody does it?

White is my favorite color, looks AWESOME with my skin color and NO ONE wears it (or practically no one) head to toe.

The thing's Im afraid to look like a pimp or a rapper or a .. nurse? Thoughts on this?

Im attaching one of the looks of the movie . couldnt find the one I liked but this one is kinda ok ...

from crunchgear.com

27-03-2011
In Bloom

I would never wear white from head to toe, it reminds me of work. I love the idea though.

But I do like white dresses, lots of white really. I just bought a white blazer and a pair of white denim shorts...I would wear them together, but not with a white top though.

Going clubbing last night I wore a white blazer and a white tee...and grey jeans I do love wearing all-white, but I really don't like white trousers and jeans. It just reminds me too much of work, but somehow I don't mind white skirts and shorts.

we were in love

27-03-2011
scenester

I have worn all white before. it just depends on what exactly you are going for...I understand the idea of the whole pimp getup, and the character of GI joe, made it work to them...just make sure it is all the same kind of white, to get the right effect. Although off-white accessories may look good with pure white.

chaos reigns

So I guess a play on textures would be in order???

Another thing is that I really love accesories and Im not a complete colorphobe. If i do one or two accesories on a different color (like bright shoes) is it too much??

And yes, the idea of not wearing blue jeans is like a mind#$# to me,

The only and biggest problem is that I would have to get a whole new wardrobe .. unless I paint all of the clothes

Looking Up

White isn't a favourite colour of mine, but I like using it in small amounts just for a little brightness.
Meanwhile, if you give me a good looking white piece, like a cool jacket or white fabric shoes, I would be more than happy to wear them. The only item I would never wear in white are pants. I have a very personal grudge against white pants, they irritate me on a psychological level.
Ultramarine, the guy you posted looks awesome, it's a clean look but still really strong. I would wear everything he's wearing minus the pants....replaced by another pair of course

28-03-2011
chaos reigns

You REALLY cant stand 'em white pants!!!

Tks for the input!

unspecified

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramarine View Post
The thing's Im afraid to look like a pimp or a rapper or a .. nurse? Thoughts on this?
This is the greatness of the look!! It can look very pimp, or robot, or futuristic, or classic, or elegant, or almost anything!!! The bad thing is that it relies more on the actual pieces, as the shape and layering has a lot of weigh in the over all look. It's not as with different colours, it is way more freely because shape will not clash with any colour or print, so you can go further, but at the same time it doesn't give you a lot of options with the same pieces unless you change the syntax (the order/way you place it).

I've been wanting to wear all-white for a long time now, but I have very little white items. Member Bizzy used to dress all white in the WAYWT thread a lot, so I kind of forgot about that for a while, but now I have a new white blazer, and things are different..

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
01-04-2011
chaos reigns

Awesomeness!!!

Im sooooo looking for that members pics!!!

And I think Im gonna do it .. slowly but will do it!

Thanks for all the suppor. :tear:

backstage pass

Not a fan of all white on guys. Like what was said above, I think it's kind pimp-ish.

02-04-2011
front row

I am making a pair of white denim shorts out of old white jeans and will wear them with a white t-shirt or top but no not all white head to toe.

04-04-2011
front row

I think a white headband or maybe even a white bag can really add to an outfit but wearing an all white outfit can be hard to pull off for some people, especially people like me because I'm quite pale, I rarely wear white.

04-04-2011
V.I.P.

i d love to wear all white outfits but i d be scared i d get myself dirty

i also have this thing of all white equals P Diddy party but i do wear white denim in the summer

04-04-2011
chaos reigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret24 View Post
I think a white headband or maybe even a white bag can really add to an outfit but wearing an all white outfit can be hard to pull off for some people, especially people like me because I'm quite pale, I rarely wear white.

Oh Im tanned .. kinda olivey skin (think JLo) so it works for me. I had the exact same thoughts about P Diddy ... and a white bag is a GREAT idea.

front row

I think all white is a LOT harder to pull off than all black or another neutral color. It really has to be done right or you end up with a very cheesy Miami Vice look.

I think different textures would be important. For a female, it could be really simple. Tailored white dress pants, perhaps wide-leg style and a flowy silk or linen shirt. Strappy white sandals, too perhaps.

With a guy, white linen pants and top in hotter areas perhaps or white sneakers, jeans, and a crisp buttonup shirt.

front row

All white makes you look very..... sterile.

Tags
wearing, white