How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2010
flaunt the imperfection

please watch the weight talk in here people...
i've already had to edit several posts...something i never like doing...
so please remember to keep it about the clothing, the silhouette, the shapes and the size...
but not about weight..

thanks everyone!

31-08-2010
windowshopping

I love oversized shirts and actually every kind of clothes that has that certain movement and fluidity... I doesn't work for me though, I'm petite and look even smaller in that type of clothes.

front row

i'm often surprised by how much i love something that is way oversized. usually i find things like that by accident. for example, i was at old navy took a peek at the women's clearance rack... i found a sweater for like $5, which is an XL, and i don't even think i would have liked it had it been in my normal size... it's nice to toss on over a bodycon dress or to wear with skinny jeans and a tee... you can see it in my blog posts like 2 or 3 pictures down.

but i think the key, at least with tops, is that the shoulders have to hit at an OK spot. there is a fine line between a dropped shoulder and an absurdly dropped shoulder :p

i love giant huge wide leg pants. but not necessarily oversized, as the waist definitely needs to fit correctly....

31-08-2010
windowshopping

I always buy a size up in tops. I do this because of the possibility of shrinkage and, as others in this thread have mentioned, it really makes it easier to move. I hate when shirts are my size but ride up in some places. I always go one up!

With pants, I try to stick to my size, or I can start to look really disproportionate.

I don't know if it is just me, but I kind of like the extra drapery the bigger clothes provide.

backstage pass

oversized shirts are nice but if you have boobs, or wear t shirt bras that are usually horribly padded, you can look pregnant.
happened to me. so i solve that by going braless.

Last edited by loves; 02-09-2010 at 04:05 AM.
18-09-2010
V.I.P.

I really like how Jessie Baylin wore oversized shirt with skinny jeans and simple necklase.

CLICK BIGGER!

em1885 posted those pictures on jessie´s thread. original credit goes to thejessiebaylincommunity

If anyone can ID that shirt I would be happy happy happy

Personally I think it looks the best when top part is oversized...well, it feels the most comfortable on me.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothing, oversized, wearing