How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-10-2005
front row

Wearing Sandals after October...
........Is it just me? I'm originally from NY, so it starts getting cool after October; plus October represents Fall to me. I don't wear any sandals after October 1st not even with hosiery. I understand if you lived in a warm-all-year state like California or Florida. I live in NC now and I still see alot of women wearing sandals and I have already worn my dress boots a few times this month.

24-10-2005
backstage pass

as soon as it starts getting cold, i can t bring myself to wear sandals. i might wear open toe shoes but not sandals.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita729
as soon as it starts getting cold, i can t bring myself to wear sandals. i might wear open toe shoes but not sandals.
Exactly, I just think it time to make the transition to boots, suede pumps, etc. I believe strongly in moving my warerobe from season to season.

24-10-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I believe strongly in being comfortable. I live in London and it's still about 15 degrees at least most days and I wear my flipflops whenever possible. I always wear my flipflops. Even in Canada I would wear them up until the first snow basically. I remember wearing open toed shoes in March in Paris and a girl actually pointed me out to her mother for wearing them

24-10-2005
ingenue

^ yeah, actually it's a joke up here that you can tell who is american because they are the ones who wear flip-flops throughout the year. today it was absolutely tipping it down, rain, wind, freezing cold, and guess what? american girl shows up to my class in flip flops.
as for me though, I'm all for seasonal shoes. I'm too cold natured to deal with cold and wet feet during the winter.

24-10-2005
V.I.P.

New York here!

It all depends how the weather is but i still wear my flip-flops. hehe. But it has been getting colder and raining alot so .... no flip-flops for this babe in , like 2 weeks now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsnthings
........Is it just me? I'm originally from NY, so it starts getting cool after October; plus October represents Fall to me. I don't wear any sandals after October 1st not even with hosiery. I understand if you lived in a warm-all-year state like California or Florida. I live in NC now and I still see alot of women wearing sandals and I have already worn my dress boots a few times this month.

24-10-2005
flaunt the imperfection

time to put all the flat sandals to the top of the shelves...
will obviously still wear peep toes in the fall and winter months...

24-10-2005
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia
^ yeah, actually it's a joke up here that you can tell who is american because they are the ones who wear flip-flops throughout the year. today it was absolutely tipping it down, rain, wind, freezing cold, and guess what? american girl shows up to my class in flip flops.
as for me though, I'm all for seasonal shoes. I'm too cold natured to deal with cold and wet feet during the winter.
utopia - what terrible weather isn't it? I am sporting heavy boots for the first time this autumn......its all downhill from here.

24-10-2005
V.I.P.

Well, I just wore flat sandals last week so I'm cool with it!

But in all seriousness, it's only starting to get cold here. This is the first week of highs in the 60s so I won't be wearing them this week. But if the weather is 70 and up, regardless of month, I'll continue to wear sandals. And I have no problems with peep-toes or closed toe t-straps year round with tights

24-10-2005
ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
utopia - what terrible weather isn't it? I am sporting heavy boots for the first time this autumn......its all downhill from here.
yeah same here, heavy equestrian boots for me today! (today has to be the worst weather ever...ugh!! ) anyone wearing sandals through a scottish autumn/winter is just asking for pneumonia!

I agree though with you curious about t-straps and open toed shoes with tights in winter, as long as it's not wet and rainy.

24-10-2005
Swim Upstream

utopia I am wearing riding boots too

24-10-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

the thing is....when it's rainy here i prefer to wear my flip flops. They have the most grip of all my shoes (just about collapse in my red ballet flats) and i find my feet dry much quicker than if i was wearing socks and shoes which then get all soggy and need to dry out. And i also get cold quite easily (possibly due to my lack of sock wear-age) but I just can't not wear flip flops.

24-10-2005
backstage pass

i don t care what month it is, i just follow the weather but since am in canada it gets cold pretty fast so i don t have much choice but to wear boots rather than sandals. my feet tend to freeze in no time. but i do see some girls wearing flip flops and not to be mean or anything but i laugh at them

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I don't wear flip-flops once it gets cooler, but I still wear heels out to the clubs or bars. I see most women wearing boots, or something, but for my clubbing wear, it's soooo hard for me to subtract open-toed heels (sandals)...

25-10-2005
front row

It's just something about transitioning into another season. After October the sandals and the white summer clothes are put away, I don't care if it 80 degrees. I only break out very dressy sandals for special evening occasions (New Years, etc.).

I will wear a peep toe or close toe shoes with no hosiery (never wear hosiery, makes me itch). Now, when it drops down to 50 and below, I wear boots and close toe shoes only.

If you live in California, Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Nevada, Texas, etc. thats different.

Last edited by bagsnthings; 25-10-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
october, sandals, wearing