well-dressed people you've seen lately - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-04-2016
flaunt the imperfection

i went to see an exhibit at FIT this weekend and it was really crowded...
much more than usual and lots of really elegant women...
not students...but actual adults...
it's kind of how i would expect people to dress to go see a fashion exhibit in a gallery, but usually they don't...

*i also found this to be true when i went to MOMA in the winter to see the pablo picasso exhibit...
extra crowds and just a whole building packed with some of the most elegant and stylish people on earth- (cause it was a very international crowd)...

makes me happy to see people making an effort~!

16-04-2016
chat~

Been catching the train next to stylish older women these days or, close to my age
Funny to stand on the platform and see--we are always together x)
They always have blond hair no matter where they are from
And are head to toe in a strong blue. Could be denim or not
And very masculine, particularly the shoes.
On the flipside I am the male but dressing more feminine, and my blond hair is now black *,*

Last edited by gius; 17-04-2016 at 12:00 AM.
28-05-2016
chat~

Private school students.. or music students or foreign students visiting whoever they were, so many and at an odd time of day

21-10-2016
backstage pass

Last week I saw a guy who managed to look very cool and stylish during a heavy downpour. I'm not even sure what the entire outfit was.. I only remember an transparant umbrella and a light grey wool peacoat.
I was impressed how he managed to look so put together while running for his life (or the bus) in the pouring rain.

Now I want a clear umbrella.

21-10-2016
#Resist

^ That really is a feat I had a clear raincoat with white polka dots, but it turned out to be stifling. I think an umbrella would work much better ...

01-11-2016
rock-chic

I was at the ballet in Sunderland last weekend and there were some very well dressed people there. I always make an effort to dress up to go to the theatre and really enjoy doing so. Such a lot of people don't. A couple of years ago, I went to a ballet gala performance and there were people in scruffy jeans, tracksuits etc. I don't understand it why people don't make an effort, particularly for an evening show.

02-11-2016
#Resist

^ I agree, you can wear jeans anywhere, but an occasion like that is a great chance to dress up. I know a guy who literally doesn't own a jacket, though, so ...

02-11-2016
backstage pass

If you don't own a jacket but do go to the theatre you may need to rethink your priorities.

04-11-2016
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ I agree, you can wear jeans anywhere, but an occasion like that is a great chance to dress up. I know a guy who literally doesn't own a jacket, though, so ...
And he’s likely proud of that…

Too-casual-eveything these days makes people look like slobs as liberating as it may be with its original intentions.

I don’t want to go back to a time when every man had to put on a suit, tie and hat, and every woman had to wear gloves and a hat to go out in public, but make an effort when you’re in public, people.

My ex was a sweats/basketball shorts/ tank top guy through and through. But when we went out, he dressed up— or had me dress him up to the max. He loved the attention he got cos that man was beautiful, but more than that, he loved the ritual of dressing up. Which in turn, would rev me up to look my best, instead of just coasting by my effortless style and natural good-looks (just kidding… sort of… LOL)

I don’t think you have to be a fashion-devotee to love the ritual of dressing up for something special— just an enthusiasm and appreciation for looking your best for that time.

04-11-2016
#Resist

Yeah, I'm sure he is proud of it ... we actually got kicked out of a restaurant (odd restaurant) because of what he was wearing. He probably would've been given a pass on the rest (he was in compliance with the stated requirements, but they make stuff up on the fly if they don't like the look of you) if he'd been wearing a jacket, which is what they prefer. Just want to clarify ... he's not my guy Boyfriend of a friend.

I plan things that will give me a chance to really dress up What's the point of having nice things if you never get to wear them?

07-11-2016
fashion insider

^^^ Never fear. I wouldn't think for a second that jacket-free guy was your boyfriend!

I saw a guy in the subway that made my heart skip a beat: He looked like he was dressed for rock climbing, or ready to turn into Superman once he rips off his jacket… but his shoes were awesome cos they were so perfectly shaped and proportioned to the cut of his perfectly fitted and hemmed pants, which showed just the right amount of ankle, with no socks. We made eye contact as he was leaving, and… that was it. Sigh…

Anyway, footwear is so important: Someone could look amazing from head to ankle, but if they’ve got some cheap generic or cheap trendy footwear on, then that just ruins their presence for me completely. I don't mean to say that that only expensive footwear is the only option. Just quality and well-designed footwear that suits the wearer.

Last edited by Phuel; 07-11-2016 at 10:16 AM.

20-11-2016
flaunt the imperfection

one of my friends is such a pleasure to be around...
she always makes an effort and will always appreciate if you do so...

this weekend she turned up for a party wearing triple fringed louboutin suede boots with leggings and a belted black kimono- cropped just below the bum...
with large graphic dangling metal earrings...
long black hair in a high pony...

she is so cool...

Last edited by softgrey; 20-11-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
people, welldressed