How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-10-2005
Power to the 99%

What fashion role models did you see today?
Thought it would be nice to have a positive version of the "victims" thread ... hopefully I didn't miss a pre-existing thread when I searched

So this person I actually saw a week ago ... she probably wears plus sizes, she looked fabulous ...

Black close-fitting crochet/pointelle knit duster-length sweater--3/4 length sleeves I think
Silver-grey camisole with lace--very subtle & pretty version of a look I love to hate
Darkish grey flannel deeply cuffed cropped pants
Diamond/platinum jewelry

This actually sent me in search of some grey cropped pants today to go with my tweed jacket for a more casual look--tried some on, but wasn't able to find any I liked. Ended up with black pants instead.

25-04-2006
V.I.P.

well-dressed people you've seen lately
again, apologies for any possible doubles, worngs, etc..

so, what well-dressed people have you seen lately?

i was actually inspired by this guy i saw at the whitney biennial...there were a few people wearing nice clothes, but this guy put himself together really well..

he was wearing a white dress shirt with a black sweater vest. it had aninteresting pouch /messenger bag incorporated into it as part of the design...
black skinny jeans and silver converse shoes...cool

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
27-04-2006
V.I.P.

Nice thread pastry!
I would have liked to see the silver Converse shoes!

I saw a pretty girl today who had a really choppy wayward fringe (and man, did she work that fringe!), indigo skinnies, black ballet flats and a turqouise lace top .... very pretty!

27-04-2006
follow the lights

Nice idea, pastry

A girl wearing, army green shorts, black floral tights and some peep-toe pumps..

she wore it with confidence, which is essentially what really adds a little extra something to an outfit.

09-05-2006
tfs star

^well said, Baizilla; confidence is key in any outfit, irregardless of how good or bad it may look to anybody else..

this brings to mind a woman I saw a few mos. ago (and posted in another thread)..

-small afro..
-white old-skool 80's Gucci t (w/ the classic logo blazened across it..like the hip-hop style from that era)..
-black fitted new-skool Gucci blazer..
-fitted dark blue jeans (definitely an "It Jean")
-black stilettos..
-gold hoop earrings & gold necklace..
-blazer sleeves rolled up, to show off a few gold bangles..
(and none of the gold looked cheap either)..

just thought it was nice how she mixed old & new Gucci..and didnt "over-bling" everything w/ too much bad-looking jewelry..

11-05-2006
V.I.P.

my friend sported a akintight black outfit today,black t-shirt and slim pants, with a decorative "v" buckle for vanessa..it was CUTE!

as we said, confidence is key, and she had it!

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
12-05-2006
Power to the 99%

I've seen a couple lately ...

One, I only liked the outfit from the waist down :p It was a browns/white print cotton flared skirt, paisley I think, with light-brown grosgrain tie espadrilles with Prada-style natural wood beading on the vamps. Seen at a restaurant.

The other, it was really the cropped pants I liked ... they were meant to look like dark blue denim jeans, but were summer-weight hemp, linen, or something like that, pretty texture to the fabric, you could see the weave because of the way the dye took--could have been different-fiber warp and woof?, very wide-legged (tapered), worn with pink/white applique cowboy boots. I think the top was just a white T or something Seen at the grocery store.

Btw, I had a thread that this could be merged with ...

13-05-2006
V.I.P.

^ i can merge them ta-ta, just give me the link!

15-05-2006
Power to the 99%

^ thought I'd never find it

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...day-33703.html

15-05-2006
slightly dizzy

Merged.

15-05-2006
V.I.P.

I saw the most fabulous collection of well dressed people at the screening of the 1926 film 'Fig Leaves' dir. by Howard Hawks as part of London's Fashion in Film festival. I think there was some sort of fashion soiree afterwards at the ICA which is probably why they were all dressed to the nines. I saw a woman in a leopard print pony skin coat with a teal 1940's suit and wearing Miu Miu silver glitter platforms. Then there was another lady in a mix of Missoni prints and vintage Ossie Clark which sounds crazy but looked fab. I saw this ultra skinny girl wearing this pale pink satin shift dress with a huge bow in the front. Just many many fashion-fabulous ppl there....!

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
15-05-2006
slightly dizzy

Hmm... There's this woman I see every now and then in my part of town whom* I find really intriguing. I definitely think she's schizophrenic, or possibly simply extremely excentric...

Anyway, she's incredibly stylish in a very off or quirky sort of way. She's skinny, wears heavy black Chelsea boots or Converses, tights or skinny trousers in black. On top she wears oversized mens clothes, always in black except for an occasional cream shirt (french cuffs hanging). Everything looks a bit disheveled, dusty and worn... Not exactly dirty or stained though.

She could be a CdG posterchild almost!

* Is this grammatically correct? I always wonder when to use this...

15-05-2006
Power to the 99%

^ Yes, it is correct. "who" is the subject, "whom" is the object.

Who's on first?
To whom it may concern:
I've been wondering who is going to do that.
I've been wondering to whom that belonged.

On topic, I saw this woman who works in my building today who has the most gorgeous prematurely grey hair, and she knows exactly how to set it off. Today's she's wearing a white raw linen pantsuit ... white from head to toe, relieved only by silver grommeting edging the jacket.

15-05-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
Merged.
this is the second time someone was speedier than me..damn! but thanks tott

i'm a bad mod i am...:p

15-05-2006
Procrastinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
Anyway, she's incredibly stylish in a very off or quirky sort of way. She's skinny, wears heavy black Chelsea boots or Converses, tights or skinny trousers in black. On top she wears oversized mens clothes, always in black except for an occasional cream shirt (french cuffs hanging). Everything looks a bit disheveled, dusty and worn... Not exactly dirty or stained though.
Sounds like the Patti Smith look.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
people, welldressed