How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-03-2011
backstage pass

One of my closest friends is getting married and I'm a bridesmaid... she wanted things to be a bit quirky, so rather than being a nazi about matching dresses, she had us each pick our own dress within the colour scheme (mustard yellow and a terracotta orange/pink.)

I got this lovely mustard just cavalli frock:

two questions: How should I style this for the wedding? I'm lost as to what sort of shoes to wear! The bride doesn't want us in strappy sandals but wants a formal-ish type heeled shoe... I think the clunky brown Marc by Marc maryjanes I've got on above might be a little too casual. And what about other accessories, and my hair/makeup? It's kind of a laid back quirky California wedding, so I'm allowed to have some fun. I was thinking about doing my hair up in loose curls and getting some sort of flower or crystal headband or something.

And, any ideas for how to get use out of this in the future? I played around with it a little bit (see below) but really want to wear it more, as it's very beautiful and was quite expensive... but I don't usually wear things this colourful or girly and am still a little stuck.

23-03-2011
V.I.P.

And how about these? Any advice ?

[ssense.com]

27-03-2011
trendsetter

I have this tulle skirt and I love it, but I think it is very difficult to style My favourite way to wear it is like on the 2nd picture, but it is not that often you can use a look like that Do you have any suggestions? Both on colours and items to wear with it. It has a black elastic pannel on the top. I usually wear it with a black shirt and black shoes, but that is a bit boring.

29-03-2011
backstage pass

^^ um, i would gaultier-punk the hell out of that! black corset and a leather jacket and combat boots or converse... like so:

getty images/classacttutu.com - gaultier 2007

it looks like your style is pretty girly, but I would definitely pair that with the toughest and grungiest of pieces it would look great with a vintage rock tee and a flannel and some lace-up boots... a distressed black or military tank a la balmain with a cropped moto jacket....some layered patterened or striped tanks with a sleeveless denim vest over it with ripped black tights and boots again... the options are endless! if that's all a little too edgy for you i think a tee and a chunky fun belt and more casual shoes + jacket would work just fine and make it much easier for everyday wear!

31-03-2011
backstage pass

I personally would wear it the way you were wearing it in the first picture. I think that looks great. Also I would wear it with flats and a tank. Super simple.

31-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnia View Post
And how about these? Any advice ?

[ssense.com]
How about... Everything? They are beautiful, I think it'll be hard to find an outfit they wouldn't suit. I'd go for a colorful printed skirt and dark tights to set them off but I think any kind of dress, pants or even jeans would work. Anyway, they are a great purchase.

trendsetter

Thanks for your answers girl. I do not think I wanna go punk/goth - it is not for me. But i definetely have some ideas now

02-04-2011
rising star

I snapped up a couple of items at The Outnet sale, but have no idea what to wear them with. I normally wear mostly black, so I'm a bit lost!

theoutnet.com

03-04-2011
unspecified

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafindesiecle View Post
And, any ideas for how to get use out of this in the future? I played around with it a little bit (see below) but really want to wear it more, as it's very beautiful and was quite expensive... but I don't usually wear things this colourful or girly and am still a little stuck.
How about adding some green and brown to it?

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
11-04-2011
trendsetter

I have a pair of black chinos and I really don't know what to wear with it, besides black !
Any suggestions ?

V.I.P.

Any ideas on how to style this dress to look less "cute"? I'm usually just wearing a pair of flats and maybe a cardigan with it but I'd like to try something else.

asos.com

rising star

I have a confirmation ceremony this weekend and I'm part of the crew organizing the whole thing so need to look my best since I'm the first person people will see before going into the church.
I bought this a while ago but I hadn't given much thought on how to wear it

I was playing with it today and this is the only thing I could come up with.

thoughts? and also other ideas are greatly appreciate it

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

I'm thinking of a white corsage...

12-04-2011
chaos reigns

pixie .. Im not sure about the pants .. they do seem a bit casual and you are going to church.

Id wear it with a pencil skirt or maybe some black dressier pants. If Im just a crew member my main concern is to dress appropriate and not steal their thunder so thats' my two cents on the outfit.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
Any ideas on how to style this dress to look less "cute"? I'm usually just wearing a pair of flats and maybe a cardigan with it but I'd like to try something else.
i'm all about mixing girly + tough to make things less cutesy... a sleeveless denim vest and flat lace-up boots! a cropped boxy moto jacket, ripped tights, and some chunky heeled ankle boots! or just add some heavier accessories -- heavy necklaces, a stack of metal bangles, etc. add a belt (bright + skinny, or thick with a lot of buckles)... a slouchy cocoon cardigan and knee-high flat boots... a boxy, oversized, loose-knit cropped sweater over the top could work... or an oversized blazer and pennyloafers or oxfords would make it very cute tomboy chic... etc

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear