How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenKutak View Post
new in this thread... i need a little help! i bought this white trousers at topshop but i have no idea what to wear with it

topshop.com
They would be good for a bright look with a white tanktop, nude blazer and light shoes (nude or tan). You could also use them with coloured tops and shoes. Or with a red blouse, white blazer and nude shoes.

------

What would you wear with red tights? I used to own a pair that I loved, so I bought a new pair, but now I've got no clue what so ever about what to wear with them.

Last edited by Petit Lucille; 25-06-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Please, do not quote pictures.

17-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
They would be good for a bright look with a white tanktop, nude blazer and light shoes (nude or tan). You could also use them with coloured tops and shoes. Or with a red blouse, white blazer and nude shoes.

------

What would you wear with red tights? I used to own a pair that I loved, so I bought a new pair, but now I've got no clue what so ever about what to wear with them.
Agree, I would wear something in bright colour - green or blue or fuchsia and nude blazer. Maybe colourful shoes, but your trousers would look good with nude/tan pumps

backstage pass

white trousers:

* a bright solid silk tank, espadrilles with a matching or contrasting bright detail, (i'm thinking a cobalt blue top and some pink or orange detail on the shoes) sunglasses, and a giant oversized summery bag
* if you're adventurous, you could do a cropped strapless bustier type top with an oversized blazer (oooh... also in a really bright colour) and some basic pumps
* you could go sort of nautical with a breton stripe tee, a summery sandal or espadrille again, a skinny black belt and a big floppy hat

19-06-2011
rising star

Okay- I bought this lovely red pencil skirt the other day to brighten up my wardrobe but I'm a little unsure what to wear with it.

pic from davidlawrence.com.au (an Australian Chain store)

Any thoughts would be fab

19-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchpearls View Post
Okay- I bought this lovely red pencil skirt the other day to brighten up my wardrobe but I'm a little unsure what to wear with it.

pic from davidlawrence.com.au (an Australian Chain store)

Any thoughts would be fab
Cute skirt

I would wear it with a creme or beige shirt and nude pumps/ballerina flats for summer. For winter you could wear it with black high heeled boots, black tights, a shirt in the same colours as for my suggestions for summer or a black/creme striped l/s tee. For both of the winter suggestions I would wear a charcoal grey cardi on top.

-----

Does noone have a suggestions about how to wear red tights?

Last edited by Betinapple; 19-06-2011 at 12:17 PM.
20-06-2011
backstage pass

red skirt: what is the fabric like? if it's stiff or a wool like i'm assuming it is, i'd stick to mostly loose/sheer/flowy/softer blouses... try a black and white print blouse with a bow or ruffle at the neck... or a sheer white or black blouse, black lace/textured tights, and t-strap maryjanes, a pump, or a knee high heeled black boot. for summer i'd do a low neck neutral silk tank and loads of necklaces and a sky-high YSL-style peep toe pump and again, a floppy hat, but maybe i'm just on a floppy hat kick right now?

you could have some colourblocking fun too -- why not try an orange or pink or yellow shirt, or a periwinkle or bright green jacket? could be very jil sander if you pull it off the right way.

23-06-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
Cute skirt

I would wear it with a creme or beige shirt and nude pumps/ballerina flats for summer. For winter you could wear it with black high heeled boots, black tights, a shirt in the same colours as for my suggestions for summer or a black/creme striped l/s tee. For both of the winter suggestions I would wear a charcoal grey cardi on top.

-----

Does noone have a suggestions about how to wear red tights?
I have a pair of red tights I wear all the time during autumn and winter. I pair them with a grey and black printed jersey dress, and if I'm feeling especially festive, green tweed shorts.

During summer, I think they'd look very nice as part of an all-white outfit, with just the tights and maybe a red scarf or bag providing color relief.

23-06-2011
What fresh hell is this.?

About the red tights, I've always loved red and purple together. Do you have a purple dress?
What kind of red is it? I think gray and navy suits a dark red quite well. And I think it might look good if you combine different dark neutrals with the dark red tights.
Though I think bright red tights might be more difficult to style..

trendsetter

@Unminuit: great ideas! I've got a white skirt and could pair the tights with that, a white tanktop and a red bag. But what shoes then?

@Tine: they're a bright red, and I think that it makes it more difficult, as you mentioned. Unfortunatly I don't own anything purple (what a crime!)

23-06-2011
What fresh hell is this.?

^Yeah I figured.. Too bad, I love purple but I guess it can be hard to find the right item in the right shade.

Yeah I think pairing shoes with colored tights can be quite tricky. I personally like it when the shoes are in the same or almost same color as the tights. Though it doesn't have to be the same shade of color.

windowshopping

I got this gold lace skirt a while ago, but still havent figure out what to wear it this. Yesterday, i decide to wear like that & i found out i look like a Thai girl in her tradition costume.

24-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinetush View Post
^Yeah I figured.. Too bad, I love purple but I guess it can be hard to find the right item in the right shade.

Yeah I think pairing shoes with colored tights can be quite tricky. I personally like it when the shoes are in the same or almost same color as the tights. Though it doesn't have to be the same shade of color.
That is very true. I've got red shoes, but only ones with open toes and I do not think that it will work to well. I've got a black ASOS dress with a creme peter pan collar that could be cute with red tights though. Just have to find a solution to the shoe problem then

24-06-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernuez View Post

I got this gold lace skirt a while ago, but still havent figure out what to wear it this. Yesterday, i decide to wear like that & i found out i look like a Thai girl in her tradition costume.
Lightweight tanks in rich colours. Would look super classy but not costumey!

backstage pass

^^ agreed on that -- really saturated jewel tones would look lovely... a deep emerald, really rich cobalt, dark eggplant.... with either a strappy sandal or basic pump.

iiiii would also do it with a fitted black tank (maybe shredded or graphic?) or cropped white tee, heavily studded cropped black leather jacket, shredded black tights and some serious killer ankle boots OR a ysl-style platform pump in a killer colour like blood-red -- but i feel like i get enough crap here for my eternal desire to make everything as punk rock as possible :p

01-07-2011
windowshopping

I bought this top today, and I don't know what to wear with. I am afraid of seeming vulgar or too much, I need your help !

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear