How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-09-2012
What fresh hell is this.?

pinksatin, before reading you own suggestions for shoes, my first thought was that you should go with some kind of strapped heels, I think a closed shoe would look too servere with that dress.
For what colour, I actually think bronze sounds nice. Nude would look good as well.

Betinapple, lovely dress.
I agree that it's probably a little more tricky figuring out how to style it for winter.
What I do with my summery light pieces is often to pair them with something grey. Grey isn't as harsh against the light colours as black, but it still wintery enough.
So I would probably wear it with a pair of grey wool tights with a pair of shoes witin the same colour scheme.
Though I think it would look okay too with a pair of black wool tights and a grey cardigan.
navy would look great too I think. e.g. navy tights with your navy booties.

06-09-2012
trendsetter

Betinapple and Tinetush thank you for sharing some opinions. I will try out both of your suggestions tomorrow when the dress comes and I start trying on. I can't wait to see the dress too!!!

trendsetter

@Tine: thx for your input! I was thinking grey as well. Or cream tights. I have some nylons with dots in a nice cream colour, that goes very well with my navy booties.

I'm thinking cream tights, grey cardi, navy booties, brown bag and glasses and maybe a baret (navy, cream or grey).

11-09-2012
trendsetter

Thank you guys for your feedback! I ended up trying on like 10 pairs of shoes and the black peep-toe booties were in the running for a long time but I went with tall BCBG platform sandals. THey are like a grey-blue leather strappy job and I haven't worn them in forever and they were expensive so I thought it was a good chance to take them for a spin. The booties I can wear with everything but those sandals are harder to wear without feeling OTT. And I wore a necklace from BR that has 9 blue stones in a square arrangement on a long gold chain. It reminds me of a breastplate for ancient priests or a torah but smaller. And that I got for 6.99 plus 40% off last week! And a ring with a large blue stone that I got for equally cheap. SO yay! I had a fabulous time and got to meet some of my hugest ballet idols (Jose Manuel Carreno, Julie Kent, Herman Cornejo, Craig Hall, Wendy Whelen, etc.!!!) Thank you for your input and help!
my photo:

ETA: Betinapple, I imagine lace tights with that dress in cream. Or sheer tights with dots. Or something crochet but in a light color. SOmething to bring in a wintery fabric but not too dark or too wintery.

Last edited by pinksatin; 11-09-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: to give input that I couldn't think of before.
15-09-2012
trendsetter

@Pinksatin: you look gorgeous! You made some good choices. Wish it was me going to such an event.

Thx for your ideas for the dress. I think crochet tights would be great, but I am going to start out with sheer tights with dots, which I have. I'm trying not to shop too much these days.

21-09-2012
fashion insider

I bought this dress to wear this at christmas/New year, but I have no idea what shoes to wear or whether or not it will look good with gold accessories (I don't have anything in silver...)? It is not a colour I usually wear, but I love silver and white for winter parties.

I also have a pair of gold shimmery strappy sandals I would like to wear (they are the same colour as the picture, but without the wooden/cork heel), but that sort of depends on whether or not I can wear gold with the dress...

If it helps your mental image I have red curly hair and pale skin.

I might also wear this to a summer wedding, would the same outfit work at the wedding (strappy shoes, gold accessories)?

I would appreciate any advice

(Sources: etsy, ebay)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg il_fullxfull.370593837_odz2.jpg (298.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg $T2eC16V,!yEE9s5jFJ)fBQUpHCM!C!~~60_35.JPG (26.5 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by eizhowa; 21-09-2012 at 12:31 PM.
24-09-2012
trendsetter

@Eizhowa: I probably would not go for golden accesories, since the colour-tone of the dress is cold - not warm. I would find a pair of nice shoes in silver, nude, black or maybe a colour like navy or dark purple.

For a summer wedding I think I would add a cold-pink lipstick and a pair of silver sandals (or nude shoes with nude lips and a winged eyeliner).

24-09-2012
trendsetter

I need your help as well.

I've bought a light blue, pleated midiskirt that I absolutely adore but do not know how to wear.

My first thought was wearing it with black tights and boots, black baret, brown glasses, maroon lipstick and a white sweater. But I have no white sweater and no intention of buying one.

I was also thinking of wearing it with black pumps, black belt, cream silk blouse and my YSL mail clutch, but I'm not sure wether the the would be 40's chic or too matronly.

Any ideas will be appreciated. I mainly need input on winter styling.

25-09-2012
tfs star

eizhowa I'm thinking of purple shoes, but I think that gold strappy shoes would work since the dress has some beige/gold effect. black shoes would as well, i would say wear pearls or/and mint blue earrings

25-09-2012
Power to the 99%

I have a long pale blue skirt ... I tend to wear it with black sweaters.

26-09-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I have a long pale blue skirt ... I tend to wear it with black sweaters.
Thx for your input. I'm planning on buying a black sweater soon - perfect. What shoes do you wear with those outfits then?

03-10-2012
fashion insider

Thank you @Betinapple and @KemAlnagdy! I would never in a million years have thought of purple shoes, but now that you've put the idea into my head I love it!

03-10-2012
trendsetter

I need your help for this top as well.

The color is a bit darker in real life and I am LOST! Lost about a bottom, something to wear over it (danish winter) and shoes as well.

08-10-2012
girl who fell to earth

is it more on the formal side? or casual?
my first instinct is a pair of dark slim jeans and a black cardigan or something on top with flats

09-10-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
Thx for your input. I'm planning on buying a black sweater soon - perfect. What shoes do you wear with those outfits then?
Generally also black Or black and ivory. This is usually something I wear to work, so I'm going for some comfort vs all-out glamour ...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear