How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-04-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by alison_ts View Post
OK, I am not sure if the length for this jacket work with my long torso. I am also trying to pair this with a new top. It doesn't flare out after my waist line, but it does cinch near my rib cage and waist, almost like a princess waist

With a grey jacket (button up)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7699170@N04/4480576937/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7699170@N04/4480576875/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7699170@N04/4480576907/

Here is what my blouse looksit looks like without the jacket
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7699170@N04/4481225938/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7699170@N04/4480576973/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7699170@N04/4480576949/

Does this work? or maybe i should roll the jacket sleeve down?
any comment would be appreicated
I think the jacket looks a bit too short, like it would be better suited to someone with a shorter torso. You'd suit a longer style better as you have the long torso to pull it off.
The blouse however looks fine without it and could look really nice worn with a shorts suit in summer.

07-04-2010
windowshopping

What goes with black flannel below the knee pants?
I have some cute pants - some people call them knickers, but not in the British sense! They're black flannel, come a bit below the knee, a bit billowy and tie at the bottom of each leg with a black satin tie. I got them at a swap and haven't worn them yet. I don't know what shoes to wear with them, if I should wear tights or even what kind of look to go for. Can someone help me? I want to wear them before the weather gets too warm.

Last edited by topazrules; 07-04-2010 at 12:59 AM.
15-04-2010
front row

Ideas how to style white skinny jeans
Guys,

I just bought a pair of white skinny jeans for the first time and I am looking for some ideas what to wear them with.

My vision thus far is only to wear them with that greyish pale brown colour (I thought a cotton t-shirt and sandals), but I wonder if there are any other good ideas out there (except I guess for the traditional black and white or white and navy or white and navy and red).

But any ideas are welcome and any pics would be great too!!!

Kisses,
Lina

16-04-2010
backstage pass

Quite honestly...I think you are UNLIMITED in your choices of color combo's and of outfit styles w/ those. It'd be hard to pick just a few for ex's b/c most anything goes.

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
16-04-2010
front row

I guess you are right, but I sort of want them to look extra chic, not too usual

17-04-2010
backstage pass

For "extra chic", then, put a lot of thought into the accessories vs. the color combo's or tops. Depending on the look you're going for, you can do SO MUCH more with a few well chosen pieces or even one statement piece (i.e. jewelry, shoe or bag)

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
20-04-2010
trendsetter

I bought a denim jacket at H&M the other day, because they're sort of making a revival in my country. But I have absolutely no idea what to wear with it, and even though I really like the jacket, I feel a bit uncomfortable in it, since denim jackets still feel kind of 'out' to me. Do you have any ideas? It's quite a short one, and looks really good if the sleeves are a little bit rolled up.
here's a pic:
(my own pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jacket.JPG (202.2 KB, 0 views)

20-04-2010
trendsetter

Or you could just tell me if it's a horrible buy, I'm still thinking myself about returning it...

21-04-2010
backstage pass

No no, don't return it. A jean jacket, though you may put it away for several seasons, always comes back and is a classic! I have one exactly the same-except from OldNavy.
I wear mine especially during s/s as a cover up or jacket for chilly nights when a leather jacket or other coat is too much. I mostly wear it over tank tops and over summer dresses-especially floral or overly fem. I wear it with my white denim but I do not wear multiple denim-jean jacket on top & jeans/pants. imho, not a good look.
Since it comes above the hip/cropped, I make sure it's layered over something that is longer so I don't look boxy...or trashy.

21-04-2010
trendsetter

Thanks!
I hate the all-denim look too, so I was already thinking about wearing it with floral dresses. But if you wear it with a tank top, with what bottom do you wear it?
It's a nice jacket, but oh so difficult to combine

21-04-2010
backstage pass

Any suggestions for what to wear with my Marc Jacobs Bruna? Black with gold tone like the pic. She spends too much time in her dustbag!!

She's great whenever I've got a reason to add some formality to my outfit, but I'm normally working in a fairly casual atmosphere where jeans trump dress pants. She looks fantastic with heels but I also can't wear stiletto/narrow heels often, because they get trapped in all the cobblestones around here.

I know she's black leather, but are there some ways I can wear her in the daytime in warmer months?

pic: ivofashion.com

Life is Short
21-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post
Thanks!
I hate the all-denim look too, so I was already thinking about wearing it with floral dresses. But if you wear it with a tank top, with what bottom do you wear it?
shorts, cargos, diff length skirts...
And here's a pic from jjb-yuku.com board of Nicole R today:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nicole-richie-042110-10.jpg (55.2 KB, 0 views)

23-04-2010
Aby
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin View Post
Any suggestions for what to wear with my Marc Jacobs Bruna? Black with gold tone like the pic. She spends too much time in her dustbag!!

She's great whenever I've got a reason to add some formality to my outfit, but I'm normally working in a fairly casual atmosphere where jeans trump dress pants. She looks fantastic with heels but I also can't wear stiletto/narrow heels often, because they get trapped in all the cobblestones around here.

I know she's black leather, but are there some ways I can wear her in the daytime in warmer months?

pic: ivofashion.com
It's a great bag! Here are some of my ideas to wear it during daytime in the warmer season:

What about wearing your bag with
  • a black blouse/tee,
  • white jeans and
  • black ballet flats?
You could also wear it with:
  • a maxi grey dress
  • wedges.
Or with your jeans, a white oxford shirt, flat black sandals.

backstage pass

Thanks Aby! Those are some great combos I can really visualize and best of all they totally work for my life. I'm so excited to try some out!

Life is Short
23-04-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post
Thanks!
Chinos, shorts, cargo pants, anything printed...loose-fitting skirts! Basically anything but jeans

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear