How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2010
trendsetter

TY all for the tips. I'll look for shorts and floral dresses/skirts.

27-04-2010
trendsetter

Guys!

I bought these shoes in secondhand, they were very cheap so I decided to buy them. Now I don't know if I should wear it? And if I should, what can I wear it with?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (34.5 KB, 2 views)

Aby
V.I.P.

Thanks Yasmin for the karma!! Glad I was able to help.

StrawberrySpring: depends on a lot of thing (your style, day/night?) but I can see those with
  • a floral dress,
  • denim (flares, slims etc...)
  • kaki cargo/skirt
  • anything navy: I'd pair it with a simple navy fitted dress
  • tweed
  • A la 70's with a DVF inspired wrapped dress
  • 80's vibe with louder colors (purple, red)

trendsetter

Thank you Aby I would say that my style is very feminine, classic & sexy. I know what to wear with these shoes by night, but I don't know if they're right for day...

backstage pass

I can't tell what color they are from the pic, but the fact that they're metallic- you can ABSOLUTELY rock those during the day. If you keep the rest of your ensemble classic like your style is you say, the more they'll pop.

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
10-05-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina5 View Post
Guys,

I just bought a pair of white skinny jeans for the first time and I am looking for some ideas what to wear them with.

My vision thus far is only to wear them with that greyish pale brown colour (I thought a cotton t-shirt and sandals), but I wonder if there are any other good ideas out there (except I guess for the traditional black and white or white and navy or white and navy and red).

But any ideas are welcome and any pics would be great too!!!

Kisses,
Lina
I really like white jeans with a bright turquoise top & gold accessories...that is how I have been wearing my white boyfriend jeans...plus I love black, so I always pair mine with summery black tops...

John Cocteau
12-05-2010
fashion insider

Ooh white skinnies are so much fun! Wear them with striped tops grey+white, I also like pairing them with brown or pink. Ruffles go really well with them too.

Also graphic tees offset the stark whiteness of them if you want to be really casual.

Another part is accessorizing.. try white skinnies with a nice white top and then wear a nice brown belt with earrings and a pop of color for your bag/clutch.

Nude/tan/brown/cognac wedges or platforms look really good with them too!

14-05-2010
scenester

I have this dress for like a year now, and I have never worn it in public.
I got it very cheap in a second hand store, I thought it was to pretty to leave it there.
But I have no idea how to wear it. the blue/red details are making it hard because those aren't realy my favorite colours. but the dress it so well made, and it fits me perfect!

V.I.P.

^ I think it's a little unflattering tbh.

15-05-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesdepies View Post
I got it very cheap in a second hand store, I thought it was to pretty to leave it there.
But I have no idea how to wear it. the blue/red details are making it hard because those aren't realy my favorite colours. but the dress it so well made, and it fits me perfect!
Well...I don't think the blue/red are the problem b/c they're fairly neutral and are small markings. The dress looks short so......will you be wearing it more as a tunic with jeans under as in the pic?
If so, I'd go with a wedge/espadrille, platform pump, or a cute ballerina-type flat. I think it lends itself toward something more simply but classy and not a strappy sandal or a gladiator-type shoe, ya know?

Maybe some pearl jewelry? Or flower accents?
I dunno...

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
17-05-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesdepies View Post
Awwh that's so cute
If it isn't too short I would wear that dress on a sunny day with flat simple shoes and if it's too short I would wear it with a vintage lookin pair of shorts, very short ones so they wouldn't be visible under your dress but if you would bend over you would't show any private parts

22-05-2010
front row

Help with styling please!
Hi everyone! I recently purchased a pair of shoes but they were lighter in color than I expected. I was wondering if any of you could please help me out with what clothes to wear with them? I would like to know good color combinations. I don't have a bag in this shade to match with the shoes as of the moment and I like to wear denim as well, if this info helps.

I know there are a lot of great dressers here and I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks so much!

Here are my shoes:

22-05-2010
backstage pass

If I'm getting the right colors from the picture, they seem to be a light beige. I really like beige mixed with pastel colors, light airy pinks, mint shades of green and such. But they seem to be a good neutral color, so I think almost all color combinations would suit.

fashion icon

It think pale colors (dusty pinks, blues, ect.) would look beautiful with it. Although, like ScarlettLover said, its a good neautral color and it could be worn with almost anything.

29-05-2010
front row

YoninahAliza and ScarlettLover, what color bag can I wear with them if I wear pastel tops with denim or light colored dresses?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear