How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-08-2010
backstage pass

Not only gold metallics but bronze metallics or similar too! Speaking of bronze-y, I would play with the neutrals/browns with this. Transitioning into fall, it'd look great with a camel-colored trench.

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me

10-08-2010
backstage pass

I'm a bit delayed with this but thanks, ChrissyM!

Life is Short
20-08-2010
rising star

I'm tempted to buy these Margiela boots, but one of the things holding me back is that I don't know what to wear them with, pant-wise speaking. Boots like these aren't in my closet yet (just sneakers) and I have never worn trousers in shoes, but I'm afraid I'll have to do that in order for these to work? You guys have any other ideas?

yoox.com

backstage pass

If I were to buy these Nike Dunks, what would I wear them with and how and where?
I really do like them but no point buying if I can't wear them..

nikeshop

23-08-2010
V.I.P.

What can I wear this wonderful Dorothy Perkins' skirt with? Shoes, blouse, accessories? And which period of year?? (summer, autumn)

pic by me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P09-09-09_21.05.jpg (48.4 KB, 161 views)

23-08-2010
backstage pass

^ does it have an acid wash jeans like print on it? That's the assumption I'm basing it on here. I'm thinking spring/summer.

I think it would look adorable with many different kinds of light, summery shirts. The first thing I think of is a cute floral top in vivid but pastel tone (cool tone) colors. Something more fitted is best since the skirt is more blouse-y.

It looks like your shirt there has metallic detailing and that works. You could do gunmetal sandals, or pastel toned flats. And maybe a white or pastel toned bag. A small crossbody perhaps.

Life is Short
24-08-2010
front row

delias.com

I'm looking for something I can wear to see a ballet performance, I thought about this dress but I don't know if it's too dressy or not dressy enough. What can I wear it with?

Thanks.

25-08-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora View Post
What can I wear this wonderful Dorothy Perkins' skirt with? Shoes, blouse, accessories? And which period of year?? (summer, autumn)

pic by me
I think you could transition that skirt well into f/w with a nice blazer!
A chunky necklace or a bunch of mixed pearl necklaces would be super too.

that skirt!

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
25-08-2010
backstage pass

What can I wear this with? I love it but I have no idea how to wear it! Bear in mind it's far too short to wear as a dress, at least for me!

asos

26-08-2010
backstage pass

white [or neutral] wide legged pants with a cute sandal or heel for more of a summer look.
If it suits your body type, belt the waist [- not for everyone...]

leggings (-ohhh leather-type ones would be cool! or equestrian-type with patches...) with booties, flat tall boots or motorcycle boots...

26-08-2010
backstage pass

^
That was directed towards me right?
The leggings sound like a good idea, or even just skinny leather trousers? For shoes... Combat boots would they work?
I'm finally getting an idea, thanks

Last edited by marmoset; 26-08-2010 at 01:34 PM.
27-08-2010
backstage pass

Dear Marmoset, ^^
yes

sure, combat boots would be a chic contrast look

27-08-2010
backstage pass

Haha thank you! I'll give it a go then and I probably do need a belt, it's quite loose!

27-08-2010
V.I.P.

^I'd go with Jeans shorts and boots, maybe a scarf as well. I wouldn't necessarily belt it, maybe just tuck the front part into the shorts. You could also wear a (maybe black) longsleeve underneath when it gets colder, some skinny jeans and a chunky cardigan... I really love that shirt, I want one!

backstage pass

^
They still have it up on ASOS! It was in the sale from Paul & Joe Sister here!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear