How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
So... I've bought this skirt, that I love. But I'm not quite sure what to wear with it. I think I would might wear it as in the pic (with black tights too), but I could use som more ideas. I think it would be nice with a classic white shirt and black pumps, but 1/ I don't own neither of 'em (yet) and 2/ I think it may be to businessy (I'm just at student). So ... what do you say?
I say a great bootie would like nice if youare concerned about looking to conservative in pumps.
Maybe if you dressed it down with a simpler shirt you could also try oxfords/spectators for flat shoe look.
You could always have the white shirt black pumps look as a fall back look to go back to (or buy) if need be.

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me

13-11-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity*Now View Post
I say a great bootie would like nice if youare concerned about looking to conservative in pumps.
Maybe if you dressed it down with a simpler shirt you could also try oxfords/spectators for flat shoe look.
You could always have the white shirt black pumps look as a fall back look to go back to (or buy) if need be.
thx for your answer I'll look into it.

16-11-2010
rising star

bought this black dress yesterday and I'd like to bring some colour to it
http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/d...ress_205144001
any ideas?
I thought about maybe wearing a long necklace or red/pink/any colour shoes

Last edited by pixie_dust; 16-11-2010 at 08:40 AM.
16-11-2010
windowshopping

I just won this sweet A.P.C. dress on EBAY. How would you style it?

(picture from the listing on EBAY. Does that count as a source?)

17-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendofzelda View Post

I just won this sweet A.P.C. dress on EBAY. How would you style it?

(picture from the listing on EBAY. Does that count as a source?)
It's really cute but I think that it could look a bit too much so easily. I think I'd go with a black leather jacket, dark overknee socks and chunky boots. Maybe add a belt but that could be too much.

For a different look, a long, chunky cardigan, a simple scarf, knitted tights and block heeled sandals in soft tones.

I'd complete both looks with a soft hairdo, braids or a simple headband.

Last edited by diesanni; 17-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.
01-12-2010
backstage pass

If it were me, and keeping in mind that it's winter & night:
I would wear a longer black or faux fur belted trench.
I wouldn't wear stockings but if I had to, I would also go with black.
I wouldn't wear stockings because I'd want to wear some hot, strappy high sandals to go with this. I would stick with metallics or neutrals but something pretty.
The color looks to be so light/blush/peach-y that I wouldn't do bold colors on top of this. I also wouldn't do any cropped jacket or such unless it was a cool, cape maybe.
For hair, you really could do up/down/or 1/2. I would wear crystal chandelier earrings and a cool, embellished, bling-y clutch

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
01-12-2010
V.I.P.

I'd actually style it like Asos did. Bronzed skin to set the dress off and either simple nude or golden strappy sandals. I don't know what your hair looks like but if it is long, I'd go with soft curls. If it's short I'd also also go with a soft look and maybe add a golden clasp. As for a jacket or coat I'd choose something in softer tones, white or creme. The dress seems rather short so I think it really depends on the shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity*Now View Post
I would wear crystal chandelier earrings and a cool, embellished, bling-y clutch
Most definitely!

V.I.P.

i bought a pair of shorts yesterday. any advice ?

[stradivarius.es]

09-12-2010
Aby
V.I.P.

MissAnia:
  • grey ribbed tights
  • wedge boots like last years Chloe's
  • grey chunky rollneck like Stella mcCartney's
  • and a duffle-coat

or
  • a peacoat
  • a black or grey knit
  • black opaque or ribbed knits
  • and ballet flats

Last edited by Aby; 09-12-2010 at 05:22 AM.
14-12-2010
windowshopping

Eeeek!
Just bought the cutest cream-colored lace dress on ASOS.com. I plan on wearing this in a few days for a date at a pub, and I am going for a casual look with just a hint of chic: the dress itself. I just don't know what to wear it with, and I need your advice!
If it helps, I am dark-blonde with fair skin and blue eyes and I own a lot of cardigans and tights in almost every possible color... Oh and I live in Canada, so bare arms or legs and boots with stiletto heels are just not an option ...

image1xl.jpg
(credit: ASOS.com)

14-12-2010
backstage pass

I wanna wear this to a New Years party. What heels should I wear with it?

my own pic.

11-02-2011
tfs star

Please help me guys.... I bought this belt today...and have no idea how to wear it - or what to wear it with! Does anyone have some stylish ideas?
http://www.anthropologie.eu/belts/ge...7155600071592/

12-02-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonjourTristesse View Post
Please help me guys.... I bought this belt today...and have no idea how to wear it - or what to wear it with! Does anyone have some stylish ideas?
http://www.anthropologie.eu/belts/ge...7155600071592/
I think it would look great with a flowy boho-like white dress and brown or turqoise sandals!

06-03-2011
windowshopping

Hi guys! I'm an acting major in college and we had to get audition dresses. I came home this weekend and told my mom I was just going to go to Macy's but we wound up going to this botique and long story short I wound up with an Azzedine Alaia dress.

I have tried to take photos of myself wearing it to share, but I can't get the right light or angle with my labtop so I'm just going to post a picture of the dress itself.
http://www.madisonavenuecouture.com/...150325-mac.htm

While the dresses are not exactly the same they are very similiar.
I'm 5'4" and 130 pounds so I look pretty "bodacious" in it lol, not like the mannequin.
Anyway the main question is shoes and tights.
As an actor I need to have semi comfortable footwear so that I can move and not be distracted by my knees aching or keeping my balance.
I have really cute red ankle boots that I have been wearing with it, but since its so body hugging I was wondering if it was stupid to wear a flat shoe.
I have been wearing it with red ankle boots and no tights.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of footwear would work with it, and should I wear tights? If so what color?

Thanks in advance!

chaos reigns

Because of your height and the fact that the shape of the dress emphazises the shoulders .. Id try wedges .. nothing flat.

And you've got a wide range of colours to pics from .. you can tone it down with some suede-ish grey shoes or up with orange or something like it.

Keep accesories to a minimum and if wearing it out at night, make an earring statement.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear