How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-10-2005
backstage pass

soft I think that people do answer, but personally when I post something to this thread I would love it if even more people replied, even if more stuff has been posted since then. I'm still happy if I get 1-2 replies though

29-10-2005
front row

I'm seein' a dark tan or light brown crewneck tee under that maybe?

29-10-2005
backstage pass

Arm warmers?

I love the idea, but how do you make them look good? And which ones look good?

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondette
I just got this awesome dress from Meghan in, and I will be going to New York next week. I'd love to wear it, but brrrrr....
What could I wear with it to stay warm inside, but still look good?

Any ideas?
Really, any ideas at all on how to complete the outfit would be great, or should I just wait and wear when it's warm?
Pick a color from the dress and get a cardigan in that color- wear it with some knee boots in a medium brown- pointy toe w/ delicate stiletto heel- nothing chunky to compete wit the delidacy of the dress

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinuvielberen
I have this Armani suit, in black wool crepe:

I have no idea how to accessorize it. Pins, scarves, and most necklaces seem to take away from the drape of the neckline. Black shoes and a black handbag seem the most obvious choices--but then I'm dressed in complete monochrome black, which seems harsh. I have the idea that colored shoes/handbag would come across as being a bit forced.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.
I'd say wear them as separates. The jacket would look lovely with an a line, wider skirt, and then you could wear some colorful shoes. Or wear the pants with a colored top.

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon pie
I got this skirt ages ago but have only worn it once because I don't know what to wear with it. It's a full-circle skirt and comes to a few inches below my knees when worn on my hips. It also came with a tulle petticoat that makes it flare out wide and ruffly. Any suggestions?

You should wear a red top with it- I'd say a scoopneck would be good to balance the width of the skirt.

I'd say leave out the petticoat- too costumy

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
i posted the pic in shopaholics, but i'm gonna need a little help on this one... what should i wear these brown suede boots with?
Wear them with a knee lenght denim pencil skirt, a turtleneck sweater and a matching suede bag

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin
So you guys don't think ribbed tights are wearable?
You could wear them with a mini and flat knee boots- very mod- and very warm

01-11-2005
windowshopping

What would you wear with this?

This is really pretty, and has metal sequins (hard to see in photo). How would you wear it?

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

I'd wear it layered over a simple T, tank or dress since it's a pretty intricate top in itself

01-11-2005
Storm & Sommer

you could layer it.. wear a sheer top underneath.. If you like the neo goth trend I suggest you have a look at that thread because I see it working well within that look as well

pinterest : hanneonpin

02-11-2005
windowshopping

blondette..I think that would look gorgeous with a thin cream tank, skinny jeans, red round toed pumps, red lipstick, and a plum-purple leather bag!! That's a hot top! Where's it from?

02-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondette
This is really pretty, and has metal sequins (hard to see in photo). How would you wear it?
Blondette, someone else will need to advise as to whether hip/midriff baring is passe or not... but if it's sanctioned in some circumstances, I think what would flatter the top is a black (wool?) tank that doesn't come all the way to the hip and has a squared neckline or is basically a long tube top with spaghetti straps. Something about the cut of the piece makes me want to just see simple lines and spare understuff with it, rather than a more complicated neckline. I think it would look wonderful with black pants or jeans or a bunch of other things.

02-11-2005
rising star

Please help. I have just bought a nice blue knit dress/tunic, but its sleeveless & V neck. I have no idea what to wear under it! i dont have anything long sleeved to go under it, but i cant wear it on its own! was going to wear it tonight...

02-11-2005
V.I.P.

Do you have to wear something under it? Can you top it with a jacket or sweater instead? I like the idea of a long sleeve T under it, but since you don't have one, it's a moot point. A jacket or sweater would do the trick for warmth if that's the idea. A belted sweater would also be nice over it

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2010, december, march, wear