How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-06-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelej
just for the record, vw does not make audi

i drive a vw golf IV. i love my car
The Volkswagen Group own the VW, Audi, Bently, Bugatti, and Lamborghini, brands among others.

http://www2.volkswagen.de/home_e/konzern/index.htm

13-06-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by soren
The Volkswagen Group own the VW, Audi, Bently, Bugatti, and Lamborghini, brands among others.

http://www2.volkswagen.de/home_e/konzern/index.htm
Amen

13-06-2005
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
regarding the BMW.. it's been a long time, but can't you get different packages put on it? like some sort of weather package... and there's also sports and premium. they may have changed it though... i think there's also another class.. maybe X class? that can handle weather better.
Yes you can, but unless it's four-wheel drive, those weather packages are a joke (in my experience). However, if you want to learn to drive in any weather...I suggest getting a BMW. My first car was a 1995 325i and no amount of bad weather can stop me now

~Madeleine Albright
14-06-2005
rising star

puurrrrr

14-06-2005
sleeping

this one sometimes

but i'm not that good

once more, with feeling

91 Honda Accord

It's been in a few scrapes, gone cross country with me, and generally held me in good stead for many, many years. I used to call it a POS (for those of you from other countries, that means "piece of *expletive*"), but now that the broken windows have been fixed and the rear door actually opens, and my in-laws gave me a working CD player, I now refer to it as a luxury POS.

28-07-2005
rising star

03 Lexus SC430, Midnight Blue with white leather interior.

28-07-2005
backstage pass

A '99 black Grand Prix. It was a gift for college graduation. I like it alright. Haven't had any problems so far!

28-07-2005
Power to the 99%

I have a Batik Blue New Beetle (ivory leather interior) with 114K miles on it ... I got 187K out of my last car, am debating whether I want to beat that record with this one. It hasn't exactly been problem-free (the check engine late came on on the way home from the dealership when it was brand new, the first of many times), but it's so much fun to drive. Beetles have a ton of personality.

I like cars with retro styling ... love that Harvest Moon Beetle convertible someone mentioned having ... what a gorgeous color! I salivated when I first saw it at the dealership. I considered a TT when I bought this car, but I would've had to learn to drive standard for it (and it does have some safety issues). I also love the Mini, may get one next. Especially like the two-tone. Also like the new retro Mustang, I've been wondering forever why they didn't do that.

As far as the Spencers and the Windsors being related ... we are *all* distantly related

29-07-2005
backstage pass

I drive a black ford Puma 1.7, my little baby, i absolutely love it . It's really lightweight so it's so fast and corners like it's on rails. My car probably seems crap compared to all the american peoples on here, but insurance prices for young drivers in the UK are INSANE

29-07-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Femme
^^^ karl didn't but donatella ( ) did.........
Donatella Versace has designed a one-off Mini Cooper Cabrio for charity, and its typically ostentatious Versace style is bound to have wealthy fashionistas gearing up for a fierce bidding war when it is put up for sale on eBay next month.

Oh that poor MINI! The convertable is adorable though, so if I could get a second car it would be one of those in Orange to join my beloved 2003 MINI Cooper in metallic indi blue. Around here the most famous MINI is the one owned by Penn Jillette of the magic duo Penn & Teller. Penn painted his MINI pink.

But Las Vegas is filthy with giant SUVs who like to park badly next to my MINI and ding my door. I know all SUV drivers aren't like this but the majority of the ones around here just can't seem to manoever into a parking space properly.

08-08-2005
trendsetter

i drive an 88 toyota corolla - it goes like a machine and its the better colour then all the other corollas i have seen
you can even slighty see the pink panther car seat covers and i have a playboy bunny sticker on the back and another sticker that says "hairdressers do it better" haha

but this car below i am aiming to own in a couple of years.... its awesome and it has this great exhaust on it... my sisters boyfriend owns it and he wants to sell it in a year or so

08-08-2005
trendsetter

Where i live which is in newcastle australia ( some of you car nuts might have heard of it) we have this thing called the Foreshore and its really well known with car people around australia. Everyone in newcastle who has a done up car goes in there on a thursday, friday, saturday night and sunday during the day to check out other peoples cars... its like a culture really.. I go in to the foreshore all the time..

Its really exciting because at night we have to clear out of there at 11pm and theres cops everywhere getting us all out...
The police hate it but they cant really do anything about it at the moment but they are doing everything they can to stop it...

hehe i hope i made sense

08-08-2005
V.I.P.

I drive a 2002 Mercedes ML 320...I haven't figured out what all the buttons are for yet.

09-08-2005
windowshopping

I drive an '02 Audi A4, 3.0, 6-speed, all wheel drive! I think she's pretty snazzy.

Until I move out of Boston, I will forever be driving AWD cars!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
car, drive, kind