How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-07-2007
backstage pass

If the weather is all over the place, I'd bring a few dresses that can be used on their own and that can also be combined with thicker tights or a thicker pantyhose. I'd also pack jeans and tees, and two chunky cardigans that can be worn with both the dresses and the jeans. And as for colors, I'd pick neutral ones that can be combined with anything and maybe pick a few accessories that are more colorful.

23-07-2007
V.I.P.

The weather has been quite fickle here lately - one day it's more than 30C and the next day it's rainy and temperate. I'd say you should definitely bring a lot of tees/camis and one or two pullovers in case it gets colder, as well as a few pairs of jeans, a light jacket, comfortable shoes (lots of cobbled streets here, so maybe you won't want to bring your nicest pair of high-heels) and maybe one or two skirts.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
I'd bring a few dresses that can be used on their own and that can also be combined with thicker tights or a thicker pantyhose.
Great idea! I was actually planning on bringing quite a few breezy, colorful dresses because I'm very uncomfortable when it gets over 25 degrees. I was planning to buy some new colored tights while I'm there so that would be perfect At least this summer is shaping up to be slightly cooler than last time I went. I hope it stays mild and sunny all summer, but that might be asking for much :p

I am half-sick of shadows

I'd say layers...and things that you can wash in a hotel sink. On a long trip you're going to wear items multiple times so if they're easy to clean you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

24-07-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug
Great idea! I was actually planning on bringing quite a few breezy, colorful dresses because I'm very uncomfortable when it gets over 25 degrees. I was planning to buy some new colored tights while I'm there so that would be perfect At least this summer is shaping up to be slightly cooler than last time I went. I hope it stays mild and sunny all summer, but that might be asking for much :p
For my last trip I brought a few neutral colored dresses and a lot of different tights so that it could be worn in different ways and become different outfits. (Also depending on the shoes) It doesn't take up a lot of space either.

Last edited by Vista; 24-07-2007 at 06:32 PM.
25-07-2007
scenester

I have the same problem, I'm going to be living in Washington DC for three months (Sept-Nov) and have absolutely no idea where to even start, when it comes to packing. I figure I'll bring mostly summer/early fall clothes and end up doing a lot of shopping when the weather turns colder.

29-07-2007
the crying of humanity

I haven't a clue what your personal style is, but the following is what I'd pack:

- Undergarments
- A few plain colored shirts
- Lightweight dresses (about three or four)
- At least two pairs of shorts
- Plenty of socks
- Long pants or jeans in case of cold, rainy weather
- A jacket and/or coat
- Several pairs of shoes: A pair you wouldn't mind being ruined by bad weather or other conditions, a pair of walking shoes, "formal" shoes and a pair for just lounging

I have a feeling I'm forgetting something. Regardless, here's another list, this time for non-clothing items:

- Plenty of books, newspapers and magazines. I imagine sleeping the entire flight would be terribly tedious and dull, in which case you'd be thankful you brought reading material
- Music, if that's your taste
- Money, of course. You can't really get by without money, unfortunately
- Something to write with and something to write on
- A cell phone
- If you have one, a digital camera
- List of emergency phone numbers

Really, you only need the essential items. Trust me when I say you don't need everything you cherish, however tempting it may be.

trendsetter

This isn't in direct response to your question, but rather what one might want to take on a long trip in general.

What I'm taking for my 2 week stay in Cuba:

wearing: *depends on weather that day
- t-shirt / long sleeve tee
- shorts / jeans
- sneakers
- watch

duffel bag:
- 3 t-shirts
- 2 button shirts
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 1 pair of swim trunks
- 1 pair of jeans
- 5 pairs of socks
- 10 pairs of underwear
- 1 pair of flip flops

messenger bag:

- wallet
- passport
- sunglasses
- camera & charger
- mp3 player & extra batteries
- meds
- razor
- gum

plastic
ziploc bag:
- toothbrush
- toothpaste
- shaving cream
- deodorant
- sunscreen
- vial of cologne

19-08-2007
scenester

Help!! Holiday Clothes
I need help, im going abroad soon for a week and havent got the slightest idea what to take. Should i take 7 pairs of shorts? 7 night outfits?
HELP!!

19-08-2007
oh! darling

No no no no! Make sure each item is versatile for each expected forecast. Plenty of underwear of course! Jacket, jeans, shorts, long sleeves, short sleeves... long jeans can be rolled up, jackets can be left unbuttoned/unzipped. Pack one of each (except of socks and spankies).

Rebaptising my badness

Travel wardrobe - packing for a trip
I'm taking a summer trip to Buenos Aires and I've been thinking a lot about what to take with me clothing and accessories-wise. I'm spending a whole month away and I'm not planning on buying many items while I'm there. What do you guys suggest as the essential items to pack? How many pairs of shoes would be ideal to take? I have so many questions!

rising star

The first thing that came to mind was an extra soft blanket to wrap up in for the long flight. At least from my location, it would be a long flight.

03-12-2007
Rebaptising my badness

I'm taking my pashmina in my carry-on, even though it will be just a three-hour flight from where I am. But I was thinking more in terms of what to pack in my checked luggage (since I'll be away from home for a whole month).

backstage pass

Take staple items and lots of them...like ill pack 4 pairs of jeans and 6 plain t-shirts and then i dress them up with accesories. But with the staple items you can mix and match with different pieces of clothing to make it into day wear to night.

Rebaptising my badness

^Thanks! That's a great idea. I'm taking those staple items in neutral colours like black, brown and grey and the accessories in more vibrant colours. What else do you suggest?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
extended, pack, stay, trip