How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-10-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by InStyleinNY@Oct 7 2004, 08:59 AM
(here's the J+M Davidson sweater coat I was talking about -- I LOVE THIS. Great investment as I can throw it over anything and everything -- and I do!)
[attachmentid=28403][attachmentid=28404][attachmentid=28405]
[snapback]388968[/snapback]
I love that coat lol, I'm still saving up to buy it, it's gorgeous

09-10-2004
kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 8 2004, 01:14 AM
thinking it might be pretty chilly in london this time of year...worried about packing...
[snapback]389632[/snapback]
yeah it is getting a bit colder now-toaday i was in a thin-knit v neck with another batwing-sleeve wrap top over it and i was shivering when i was waiting for a taxi.

scenester

its always good to punch up to much black with some red..like red shoes and a red clutch (my favorite!)
have fun in NYC!

09-10-2004
backstage pass

Lovespell,

i'm glad you changed your mind and opted out of the all black thing. I think black everything is too much over kill.

When i travel back to see my parents, I dress extremely comfy on the plane. Usually its jeans, tanktop, open blouse on top of tank top, and comfy sneakers. Its way too hot in Texas summers to walk out of the airport in a sweater or whatever, so I'm happy to be in a tank top. why so comfy? The first people I see when I get off the plane are my folks, no need to wow them!

When coming back to Montreal I dress much nicer. (Boyfriend is waiting for me!!) I'll go with some nice dress pants, a cute top, and sandals.

What is in my suitcase is a whole different story!
The best way to pack.

1 Supersized suitcase inside that suitcase you pack a smaller suitcase filled with your clothes. Once you get to your destination and you buy a bunch of new things, that supersized suitcase comes in super handy. When I visit my parents I pack the minimal things to get me through a week, after being there for 2 months, I have two suit cases and a carry on duffle bag filled to the top with stuff!

09-10-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by tiffany@Oct 8 2004, 10:40 PM
I love that coat lol, I'm still saving up to buy it, it's gorgeous
[snapback]391223[/snapback]
does anyone know where else i can buy that coat? i keep thinking about it so i've decided to pinch things up for a bit so i can get it

09-10-2004
fashion insider

Here's the link for their clothing. I didn't see the red coat. Maybe you can call them about it. They have such nice coats in great colors. Good Luck to you!

J & M Davidson

flaunt the imperfection

personally...i wear all black all the time...and i saw several very elegant and chic ladies out tonight doing the same....

i might do some gold or silver jewelry...or even coloured stones...
if you add a great brooch to the dress near your face...that should be enough colour...imo...

it IS nyc after all...we still wear tons more black than everyone else...

11-10-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSweetest@Oct 9 2004, 07:15 PM
Here's the link for their clothing. I didn't see the red coat. Maybe you can call them about it. They have such nice coats in great colors. Good Luck to you!

J & M Davidson
[snapback]392179[/snapback]

Thanks a bunch. i don't see it either so i think i'll give them a call

12-10-2004
backstage pass

Softgrey,

I think maybe older women can pull off an all black look. Younger people just look too dull IF they don't know how to accesorize. I hate going out and seeing people with black dress, black stocking, black shoes and purse and thats it.

I would do a black dress with no hose, sterling silver or platinum necklace/earrings/or rings.

Black from head to toe in my opinion is for a funeral or older sophicated looks, not for a teenager to go to the movies or clubbing.

12-10-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by BabyJ@Oct 12 2004, 05:20 PM
Softgrey,

I think maybe older women can pull off an all black look. Younger people just look too dull IF they don't know how to accesorize. I hate going out and seeing people with black dress, black stocking, black shoes and purse and thats it.

I would do a black dress with no hose, sterling silver or platinum necklace/earrings/or rings.

Black from head to toe in my opinion is for a funeral or older sophicated looks, not for a teenager to go to the movies or clubbing.
[snapback]395021[/snapback]
well..i would pretty much agree with that...
i think the key to wearing all black is mixing textures...ie-satin blouse with nubby wool skirt and patent lthr shoes ...or something like that ...then it's not boring but it's still subtle and elegant...
and as you said...accessories can really make a difference...

i think my colour palette for my trip is blk, wht, grey and maybe a touch of red...

12-10-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 12 2004, 05:28 PM

i think my colour palette for my trip is blk, wht, grey and maybe a touch of red...
[snapback]395026[/snapback]
I think that would be so nice. I love blacks with greys (especially if the grey just looks like it is warm).

One of my favorite outfits is black pants, white shirt with black crisscross on the front, and a sweater jacket on top that is black with white and red stripes on the collar.

17-09-2005
scenester

Coming to New York in Nov - what shall I pack?
Me and my hubby are coming to New York in mid November and I just wanted some tips on what to pack.

I guess it will be cold so I want to be warm but stylish and cool !!

Will it be cold enough for a hat ? If so any recomendations would be most welcome !

I was thinking of coming with few clothes so I could do a load of shopping whilst I'm there and not need to buy another suitcase.

Any advice would be most welcome !

Any top tips for a virgin New Yorker would be most welcome - I am the most excited about this trip than I have been in a long time as I have always wanted to visit ever since watching Friends, Sex in the City and Fame !!!!

Last edited by Posh Princess; 17-09-2005 at 06:42 AM.
17-09-2005
rising star

Are you planning on shopping alot? How long are you staying?

scenester

Yaaaay - thanks for replying !

We're staying for 5 days and I'm planning on shopping quite a lot on maybe 1-2 days and then do some touristy things on the other days.

I imagine we'll be walking for about 10 hours a day so I need to make sure I have some seriously comfy but very stylish shoes !!

Impossible maybe but I'm going to try !

I'm only 5.5 so I like to wear heels but I guess in the cold November weather it might have to be boots with a slight heel??

18-09-2005
flaunt the imperfection

boots are definitley recommended...
and a scarf cause it gets windy...

just layer...so you can add and remove as necessary...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
extended, pack, stay, trip