How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-11-2008
windowshopping

On long haul and cross country overnight flights I generally wear black leggings, white tank-top (for underwarmth) and a zip-up hoodie. On my feet I wear flat ballet uggs, and take socks for the rest of the flight.

On cross-country day flights I wear capris made for hiking/outdoor activities and a tanktop with trainers (I still LOVE my Nike Air Rifts...they are so comfy and SO light)

Flights less than 4 hours call for jeans, tank-top (do you see a pattern, here) and a hoodie.

30-11-2008
front row

On flights (no matter the length of it) I always wear my comfy black skinny jeans that I've had for years, a long t-shirt or tank anything that won't ride up and make me uncomfortable, a hooded sweater and my black leather slouchy slip on boots (they're so soft that they feel like slippers)

30-11-2008
front row

Thanks for the tips guys! I will prob. end up wearing leggings with boots for warmth (when I get off the plane) and uhh maybe a long white tee (always got to cover your butt if you're wearing leggings!)...and bring along a semi-thick jacket?Nah maybe I'll wear flats! I don't normally wear flats with leggings (it's boots for me) but thinking about the comfort, I might have to...A bit offtopic, what how does everyone maintain their skin on a long flight? I just bought some cotton face wipes that cleanses the skin.

01-12-2008
once more, with feeling

these are very helpful to read. thanks, everyone.

the thread is building up my anticipation of going home.

Not Thinking About Time

Just flew home I wore black sweater red skirt black tights black kate spade flats cream trench black and white DVF bag. it was uber comfy and stylish as well I never wear jeans on the plane they get uncomfortable.

Portfolio Last FM
01-12-2008
Eat me, drink me

^ yes they do! specially on really long flights

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by from: sophia View Post
Just flew home I wore black sweater red skirt black tights black kate spade flats cream trench black and white DVF bag. it was uber comfy and stylish as well I never wear jeans on the plane they get uncomfortable.
sophia - that is a really stylish outfit!
For my short European trips on business - I wear my business suits as I go directly from work and come back directly from a meeting. Only shoes are killing me - no matter high or kitten hills - which I use for traveling only - after 2 days walking and flying - they start feel uncomfortable...

03-12-2008
V.I.P.

not that I fly often..but one rule of thumb is to have a warm cardigan or hoodie, because of the freezing ac they blast on planes.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
03-12-2008
trendsetter

I was waiting for my dad at the arrivals today, and my eyes popped out of my head at all these hiiiigh-heeled and stiletto-clad women who were leaving the airport with all their luggage after a flight. They were dressed to the nines as well. I was completely unable to admire their stylishness, all I could think of was pain, pain, pain.

03-12-2008
Not Thinking About Time

Totally agree. The worst are the pointy heels with Juicy track suit and a LV monogram bag it is just so

Portfolio Last FM
03-12-2008
Ina
rising star

Juicy Suits are a biiiiig "NO-NO" for me on airplanes. so tacky

03-12-2008
fashion icon

I admit I wear cashmire juicy pants with a different T-shirt, cashmire cardi and a big cashmire scarf and my lavin flatsfor a flights longer than 10 hours

03-12-2008
Not Thinking About Time

^ As long as you dont have a LV monogram and some awful white pointy toe pumps and sunglasses you are ok

Portfolio Last FM
26-12-2008
front row

oh i'm so happy this thread exist!!
anyone have photos to show? pls! some inspiration is needed.
i'm flying next week from europe (cold weather) to asia (hot weather).
i always look terrible and feel terrible after a long flight.

26-12-2008
V.I.P.

I really really try to avoid checking luggage so I pick the most comfortable thing that I would have otherwise packed to save on space. I was just traveling to NY and miami and I wore jeans, aa tank, rick owens shearling jacket, and MJ combat boots. I need to remember to wear jeans that dont need a belt next time since that was a pain taking it off through security.

Last edited by Guessgirl96; 26-12-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airplane, wear