How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2009
backstage pass

I usually wear jeans, tank top, jacket and comfortable sneakers.

I wear masacara, eyeliner and lipgloss.Plus I use a daily moisturizer with 15 spf.

10-02-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloearth View Post
honestly i find that i have to do the same as well. once i went with sweatpants and a big shirt with comfy birkenstock clogs and the staff totally treated me like a kid and barely acknowledged my presence when i came to the ticket counter to get my bags ticketed. then a couple of weeks later i had my hair blown out, wore a trench coat, skinny jeans, black patent flats, and carried my louis vuitton speedy and practically had the whole staff waiting on me. two different appearances and i was definitely treated better if i looked good or presentable.
Hmm ... interesting. Well certainly having your hair done, a trench, flats, and a nice handbag aren't uncomfortable ... I'd exchange your skinny jeans for aris' cashmere sweats & that should do the trick ...

11-02-2009
fashion icon

fashionista-taр

Ha how funny! I'm just planning my "new" outfit for a veryyyyy long flight to LA, so I'm back again to my dark brown cashmere sweats
I'll be in for 12 hours! and this is in early april - so I'll nead a light trench and a hat - for the plane the air conditioning is killing me.
the bag has a long strap and can be worn across the body, although is a bit difficult to close - I'll think about alternative
so something like this
from
Burberry com
http://www.cashmerescarfshop.com/
mytheresa
nap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 34747_in_l.jpg (7.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg tod's.JPG (57.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 820_5017_005.jpg (45.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Burberry cardi.jpg (4.4 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg 730_5154_010.jpg (35.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 130_5008_002.jpg (38.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Burberry hat.jpg (2.9 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpeg 11929259132072045460523.jpeg (83.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by aris; 11-02-2009 at 04:24 AM.
11-02-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Looks comfy ... I approve

12-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloearth View Post
honestly i find that i have to do the same as well. once i went with sweatpants and a big shirt with comfy birkenstock clogs and the staff totally treated me like a kid and barely acknowledged my presence when i came to the ticket counter to get my bags ticketed. then a couple of weeks later i had my hair blown out, wore a trench coat, skinny jeans, black patent flats, and carried my louis vuitton speedy and practically had the whole staff waiting on me. two different appearances and i was definitely treated better if i looked good or presentable.
maybe you should change the company then ....
i wore the same outfit (sweatpants, soft tods, hoodie, over-coat) last time i had a long flight and i had all the attention i needed at the desk and on the plane ...

but i think we should avoid the sweatpants, sincerely .... because it's neither on the plane nor at the desk that i felt bad .... but when my bf picked me up at the airport .............

indeed, aris, what you've posted looks very confy ....

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 12-02-2009 at 10:07 AM.
12-02-2009
front row

ugg boots are a must- and lots of thick fatty moisturiser. and a hood if you feel weird leaning your hair on those static fake pillows.

windowshopping

My outfit for llongg flight for the ast 2 years is, harem pants and a tight soft T (something similar in the pic) and a hoodie on top of it.. I could take the hoodie off if it hot where I am going...

harem pants.bmp
shoesandfashion.today.com

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

I recently took a 20-hour flight and jeans weren't an issue at all.. they're straight-leg jeans though, I find skinny ones to be a little criminal for such a long trip.

Loved your outfit, aris, a trench coat is quite the ideal item.. practical and makes you look decent no matter how your hair or skin looks after being stuck on an airplane for a while. I always wear flats but this last time, I found them a little too cold.. it wasn't the plane's air conditioning though, I just seem to have lost temperature.. especially when you fall asleep multiple times. bring some socks!.

?

I pretty much always travel in the same sort of outfit, be it when taking the train or an aeroplane: trenchcoat, tights and dress, a huge pashmina and comfortable flats or Converse low tops.

fashion icon

im going on a flight to LA from NYC on saturday.. i have no idea what to wear?

front row

I would always wear something comftable like a pair of jeans or juicy velour pants and a comfy top. I will always have a sweater ot shawl to cover up because it does get quite cold. Moisturizer is a must becuase your skin gets really dry. Also make up like lip gloss/lip stick, blush and eyeliner.

06-04-2009
trendsetter

For longer flights (and early morning/late night flights) I insist on being comfortable, uggs (just not in summer) and either hoodie/yoga pants or a velour or terry tracksuit, but if it's a shorter flight, like if I'm just flying to Milwaukee or Chicago (30 min flight) I will just wear normal, everyday attire.

07-04-2009
scenester

Yup! For long flights I always go laid back comfy... Like my recent direct flight from Dubai to Los Angeles 18hours! I rolled up in joggers + a hoodie and loafers.

For short flights, less than 3-4 hours - I walk in like a rock-star

07-04-2009
front row

Depends on how long the flight is. If it's short, I dress smart. Wear makeup etc.
If it's a long one, I go for comfort. Some kind of baggy pants, a nice v-neck casual shirt or cashmere knit. No makeup really. Perhaps light foundation at the most and lip balm is essential.

07-04-2009
trendsetter

good advice guys. im flying to Italy in a couple of weeks and its the longest flight I will have taken. I was going to roll out in skinny's but after reading your comments Im thinking comfy leggings are a better option

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airplane, wear