How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-05-2009
front row

I'm flying from Australia to New York in a few weeks and I can't believe I'm actually planning my flying outfit already!!

I'm going to wear black leggings with an oversized white t shirt & a long grey cardigan and ballet flats...

I always feel horrible when I'm flying and completely unstylish no matter what i wear compared with those glamorous flight attendants!! But if I wear make up on the plane my skin breaks out something terrible -besides, I can't actually be bothered!!

11-05-2009
backstage pass

Planes they can be so funny planes... in one flight you can be hot and cold so I always dress accordingly and comfort as others have said is a big issue. Allot of that depends on what class you are flying... I've only ever flown first class once and what a difference that made in terms of comfort... but at the same time im not loaded and just cant justify the extra cash for a seat... especially when I could spend it on shoes and handbags! However If it's a long flight I normally fly that middle class that BA and Air France offer... and it def is worth the extra little bit and it doesn't break the bank like 1st!

I would never wear sweats etc... to me that stuff is super comfy I agree but I'd just never wear it out in public appart from sport, its for the house or the gym! I think if you have the right pair of comfy leggings and a mini, or nice skinny jeans or even better cotton or linnen trousers... a simple fitted t shirt and a nice cardi or sweater in cashmere you cant go wrong. I also take a medium sized but thick cashmere shawl as the airport blankets are just awful!

Accessories are a big thing to... I tend to go minimal with everything... hair and makeup... but not none.... I find a bayswater is the ideal sized handbag.

11-05-2009
backstage pass

for short flights (2-3h) i usually wear skinny jeans, flats, shirts and a cardigan on top.

i'm flying to malaysia in 2-3 weeks and have been wondering what to wear. might just go for skinny jeans, vest, aa hoodie, flats and a big scarf. comfortable, shouldn't be too cold and shouldn't be too warm as well.

11-05-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Flying to New York via Hong Kong next Tuesday night. Planning to wear my new grey See By Chloe sweater dress over tights w. ballet flats. And taking some nice socks with pom poms to wear on the plane

front row

im flying out this sunday, its long, 6.5hours+5hours stopover+8hours. still figuring what to wear. will try dress+tights for the first time. hopefully i will come up with some pics in the coming days

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrassia View Post
im flying out this sunday, its long, 6.5hours+5hours stopover+8hours. still figuring what to wear. will try dress+tights for the first time. hopefully i will come up with some pics in the coming days
Yes.. show us pics!!

12-05-2009
backstage pass

So I actually haven´t had too much experience with flying, but my boyfriend has a 3-leg, something like 17-hour trip to come visit me next week, so I could care less what he´s wearing when I´m going to be seeing him for the first time in over 3 and a half months! He gets in at 3:59 a.m. and has to go through immigration without speaking the language, poor thing.

Unfortunately on my end, I have to figure out how I´m going to get to the airport. There are no trains or buses at that hour and cabs are super expensive. I might have to arrive many hours early, which I don´t want to do, but I guess I could do homework there in the meantime. But could you imagine the anticipation of waiting there for 4 hours?

Lately, when I´ve been traveling, including 14-hr and 10-hr overnight trips on a bus, I´ve been wearing some fairly tight jeans. It never occured to me that this may not be the best idea. I just never think to wear sweatpants. I only own one pair anyway and I bought them because a new store was opening at the mall so everything was 50% off.

The worst was when I made my 3-leg 16.5 hour flight in the snowy dead of winter to somewhere that was in the 90´s. I wore jeans, a blouse, a cardigan over that, and a sweatshirt over that. I should have brought a scarf just in case like I do now though. I must invest in stylish, yet functionably warm sweatshirts. You can´t deny I look frumpy.

As far as makeup I either go au naturel or only eye makeup. It sucks I can´t bring my skin repairing lotion on a plane in the U.S. But here I can, yay.

12-05-2009
fashion insider

something comfy but still good looking , u never know whos sitting next to you

12-05-2009
backstage pass

Forgetful me forgot I was on a plane last week. And oh yea, with my amazing luck I got put next to the screaming baby for a flight that left a 9 p.m.

13-05-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Aww, I would love that! Then I could play with the baby and distract myself from the actual flight

backstage pass

That would be my worst nightmare... sitting next to a screaming child... When I ever become a mum im not sure i'd take a child on a flight unless I was emegrating or something till they where at least 3 or 4 and you could tell them all about poping ears! That must be the weirdest most horrid thing for a child!

I like using flight ear plugs... since been using them never had any issues with the pressure dif and my ears... would so recomend them to anyone who has problems... just means when you can get on with your holiday when you arrive... before I used them had about a day of discomfort after a flight!

WSG

13-05-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
Aww, I would love that! Then I could play with the baby and distract myself from the actual flight
Well I was trying to be cute with her and smile, but the mother was kinda cold/aloof. I think it was because it was obvious I was a foreigner since I spoke in English a few times when someone addressed me and the lady in front of me kept asking me about the U.S. Although the baby was very enamored by my stuffed seal. But I didn't get home til after midnight and I had such an early day the next morning.

14-05-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstiz View Post
Yes.. show us pics!!
hihi, here you go
what i'm going to wear on the plane this sunday:
a mid-length cotton dress with light prints (easy for the eyes, but still pretty )
tights
ballet flats (easy to take off, i always do that after the plane takes off)
soft cashmere cardi (comfy and warm)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3527732105_7c05c575fb.jpg (90.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 3527709913_cbffa90d8e.jpg (74.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 3527754317_52c7f656d5.jpg (73.7 KB, 5 views)

front row

a military parka (tough but still has some shape, plus multiple pockets)
a big pashmina to curl into, and my own pillow :p
my big carry-on. it's really handy cause there's a small part especially for holding passport and other documents.
okay, i'm all set for now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3528572548_7d25a5d73b.jpg (90.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 3528576914_98930802d4.jpg (91.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3527773129_817f363776.jpg (85.9 KB, 1 views)

backstage pass

adore your outfit... although im not sure the military parka goes... id more go for a mac... but def love the cashmere going on!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airplane, wear