How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_St_Girl View Post
adore your outfit... although im not sure the military parka goes... id more go for a mac... but def love the cashmere going on!
well, i don own one yet...and i like a bit tougher looking coat when i travel, will reserve a more sleek-looking blazer in the luggage to wear in the city after i arrive

14-05-2009
backstage pass

Hey was not dissing your look it's amazing... just personally would not have gone for the coat... maybe even just a thicker cashmere cardi... maybe a chunkier one?

Please dont think I was trying to be insulting!?!

WSG

15-05-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_St_Girl View Post
Hey was not dissing your look it's amazing... just personally would not have gone for the coat... maybe even just a thicker cashmere cardi... maybe a chunkier one?

Please dont think I was trying to be insulting!?!

WSG
oh, no worry, i didn't take it that way at all

I am half-sick of shadows

On my most recent long-ish flight (around 8 hours) I made the mistake of wearing ankle boots instead of my normal ballet flats. I knew it was a mistake before I even got onto the plane...I had to remove my boots four times going through security ...then, during the flight, my feet decided to swell...not a lot, just enough to be agonizing.

I'll be sticking to ballet flats from now on...

15-05-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrassia;
hihi, here you go
what i'm going to wear on the plane this sunday:
a mid-length cotton dress with light prints (easy for the eyes, but still pretty )
tights
ballet flats (easy to take off, i always do that after the plane takes off)
soft cashmere cardi (comfy and warm)
GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks for sharing! If you were on my plane I'd be thinking that girl is super stylish

16-05-2009
V.I.P.

I am allways wearing:

leggings
a-line shirt dress
flats
cardigan or hoodie to keep me warm
also i carry knitted socks along because i am getting cold every single time

dresses/tunics and leggings are the best and most comfortable thing to wear at airplane.

personally i do not understand people who wears skinny jeans or high heels at airplane. they are so uncomfortable.

16-05-2009
front row

misstiz: oh thank you! i hope i will look okay after i get out of the plane, especially the hair. normally it's a mess after long flight. i'm thinking i will just wear a chic headband to keep my hair in place.

Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrassia View Post
well, i don own one yet...and i like a bit tougher looking coat when i travel, will reserve a more sleek-looking blazer in the luggage to wear in the city after i arrive
I can completely see the allure of all the pockets that close ... I had never thought of that. I was just reading American Junk, and the author (who used to work for Ralph Lauren) collects fishing vests that she wears when shopping so she doesn't have to carry a bag and her hands are completely free. I don't know that I can pull that off, but I will be keeping an eye out for things with pockets ...

23-05-2009
front row

i've started packing and i've just worked out that the only reason i'm taking my long grey cardigan is for flying

i think i'll have to leave it behind and wear my regular length cotton grey cardie instead and bring my grey hoodie on board for when i get cold... it'll still go with my white oversized T and black leggings.

now i have to work out whether to still wear ballet flats, or my black havianas... damn, i thought i had it all worked out

23-05-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I would wear the ballet flats ... they'll give you a bit more support, protect your feet more, and your feet won't be so exposed & possibly get cold during the flight ...

03-06-2009
backstage pass

Id also take the flats too.... but take the cashmere... you might regret not taking it... and it could be cool at night

04-06-2009
front row

traveling on a plane is probably those few times when i dont care what im wearing. i travel a lot so most of the time i just wear something im comfortable in, that doesnt crease easily and that will keep me warm.

05-06-2009
front row

All black (I'm usually wearing all black anyway)

Comfortable pants (not jeans)
Lightweight top
Maybe my cashmere sweater in case it gets cool
Scarf/large shall as a wrap for warmth
Ballet flats

Keep it simple, keep it light, keep it comfortable, but layer in case it gets cold.

06-06-2009
tfs star

I'm headed to LA in two weeks and have decided to wearing an oversized tank, leggings, ballet flats, and a jean jacket would be best on the 6 hour flight. I'm bringing a large tote with me and stuffing flip flops and shorts in it so I can change in the airport bathroom. I know that once I hit the cab, I'll be suffering in the heat.

06-06-2009
?

Bringing a huge shawl, a pashmina for example, is my number one must when travelling having thought about it.. One that you can wear around the neck but that is large enough to drape around you like a blanket. I have had one pashmina for years and it goes with me everywhere.

Tags
airplane, wear