How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-02-2012
front row

First post. Slightly nervous. Oh well.

I fly a LOT. I've been flying since I was...what? 6, maybe 9 months old? So I'm really accustomed to getting dressed for flying.

Even if the flight is quite long, I tend to dress up. I don't see a need to get on a plane looking like the living dead in a velour tracksuit... So in saying that, it tends to be skinny jeans, boots (a real hassle at security...), any sort of shirt and a probably my trench coat if I'm flying back to London.

"I mean, if I'm gonna die, I don't want to have 'Juicy' sprawled across my ***." - a woman I overheard in London Gatwick airport.

25-02-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmycolin View Post
"I mean, if I'm gonna die, I don't want to have 'Juicy' sprawled across my ***." - a woman I overheard in London Gatwick airport.
Welcome to TFS!!! Anyways, I think that quote has become my new motto when flying. I've always dressed nicely when traveling but I think this quote will be how I respond to those who ask why I'm so dressed up (A lot of people have asked me why I was wearing a nice outfit for "just a flight" as they put it)!

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 25-02-2012 at 10:09 PM.
03-03-2012
backstage pass

I don't really dress up for flights but I never dress like a slob. When I go to NY I tend to wear leggings and long top with a oversized cardigan/sweater for the plane with flats (I wear my UGGs on board ONLY, they make great slippers). If I'm going at colder time of year I'll add a coat, and for somewhere hot I tend to wear a maxi dress and sandals.

My main objection to wearing an extravagant outfit is the hassle of going through security but it is still possible to look chic!

windowshopping

On flight skin care
One of the essentials I feel is best to wear is the Amore Pacific hydrating facial mask, it prevents my skin from looking dry and dull when i arrive to my destination from a long flight.

21-04-2012
penniless sitar player

black track pants, black tee, old school kicks

06-05-2012
backstage pass

This has probably been posted but I found it hilarious, especially the V.Beckham part

What "some girls..." wear at the airport"
http://youtu.be/VzcBDXyJO_w

windowshopping

I like to wear something comfortable when I fly. But also something stylish in case the plane crashes.. i don't want to die wearing something sloppy.

I always go with loose fitted dresses or silky, flimsy shorts/pants.

23-11-2012
rising star

I may be in the minority here, but I always wear jeans on a plane. But then again, I've never been a sweatpants/yoga pants person, so to me they're very comfortable. I wear my thinnest and stretchiest pair so they're not too constricting. I always wear lots of layers because I find the temperate tends to shift a lot.

The one airplane item I can't live without is my cotton circle scarf from American Apparel. I can wear it as a scarf but it doubles as an extra blanket if I get really cold-I never fly without it.

23-11-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model Wear View Post
I like to wear something comfortable when I fly. But also something stylish in case the plane crashes.. i don't want to die wearing something sloppy.

I always go with loose fitted dresses or silky, flimsy shorts/pants.
I have to say that not once have I thought about what I planned to wear in terms of the possibility of dying in it. Perhaps because I believe that if I do, nothing will matter less than what I'm wearing

09-12-2012
fashion icon

I work as an air hostess...I have no choice in what I would like to wear should I die. Sucks to be me!

I would advise wearing light layers. And a scarf doubles up as a real nice pillow.

10-12-2012
backstage pass

I've been flying a lot this fall and lately I just wear a pair of my black jeans, chelsea boots, a basic sweater or loose fitting t-shirt, and sunglasses. Despite it being fall/winter, it's still sunny out!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airplane, wear