What to wear on an airplane - Page 24 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-07-2016
front row

Betinbapple,

I have traveled quite a bit long distance. What I find quite useful is a good eye mask. It really helps me to rest on the plane.

Plus if possible, invest in a quality noise cancelling headphone. You will find this alone makes flying experience a whole lot different!

windowshopping

Haha yeah, as an Aussie I'm like "8 hours?? Express flight!" lol
Good headphones and a power bank for your phone are lifesavers. I also bring a camping pillow, which I find much more comfortable than one of those travel pillows. And 2nd vote on the eyemask, although depending who you fly they may give you one.

27-07-2016
rising star

I'd say I wear comfortable clothes but still try to look nice and put together. Nice pants/jeans, blouse with a blazer, plus I always bring an extra sweater and scarf in case it gets too cold on the plane. I prefer to wear flat shoes when traveling, but bringing an extra pair of nice heels or sandals for when getting off the plane is always a good idea. Some of my other must haves: headphones, power bank and a good book (two, if it's a long flight).

08-01-2017
windowshopping

Lean for more casual.
I would probably rock a pair of driving shoes, chinos or denim, or perhaps a casual button down shirt or tee with a cardigan or hoodie. Probably not anything too right or restricting. Definitely easy to remove layers depending on how weather conditions change.

09-01-2017
windowshopping

I know a lot of people like wearing jeans on long flights but I opt for either leggings with a tshirt, sweater, scarf and booties (if winter) or a loose fitting dress and sandals with a big scarf and/or warm sweater to put on during the flight (if summer). I dehydrate and bloat very badly on long flights and jeans are too restrictive/painful for me for any flight over 4 or 5 hours. Absolutely purchase a large water bottle in the airport terminal to bring on the flight with you and make sure you keep yourself as hydrated as possible.

I also like to bring purel, clorox wipes, hand lotion, makeup remover wipes, mouthwash, hairbrush, and touch up makeup in a small bag in my carry on or purse so that I can keep clean and then freshen up at the airport upon arrival.

23-03-2017
windowshopping

For me, it really depends on where you're flying to. I dress for when I arrive, rather than when I fly. So if I'm going to a cold place, I go for an all-black (maybe with shades of gray) outfit, with knee-high boots (flat ones so I can still walk with ease).

When I'm flying to a hot country or city, I go for comfort. Denim shorts, a loose sleeveless top with spaghetti straps, a pair of flat, cozy lace sandals. But wherever I go, sunglasses are important. As for makeup, I only use a tinted moisturizer, a tinted lip balm, clear mascara and eyebrow liner (because come on). Oh let me also note that I only wear aviators when travelling because they go well with any outfit.

6 Days Ago
front row

What is your opinion on compression leggings/tights on long flights???? Am I being silly..?

Have a 20h flight to Asia next week..Ive tried the kneesocks, but wanted to hear if anyone has any opinions about the leggings.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airplane, wear