How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-05-2005
i'm almost ready..

November in Australia will be HOT.....I'd wear a flowing cotton skirt just at the knee or below (nothing too outrageous for the initial MIL meeting..!!), a tank top/blouse and take a sheer cardigan.....and flats/smart sandals. Keep your hair up and off your face because the humidity in Sydney/Melb is outrageous.....your hair will probably frizz and stick to you the minute you get off the plane lol.....so I'd keep it swept off your face....take some evian spray for your face and wear a nice light fragrance....you'll be charming I'm sure....good luck!!!!!

15-05-2005
Frozen irony.

comfort is key.

I usually wear some comfy chloting like baggy white cotton trousers. and a white top.

I never put on make up during flights, and always have some moisturiser plus a cashmere blanket in my bag.

16-05-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipkitten
I can't get through a flight without alcohol
oh no!

25-05-2005
windowshopping

This summer I will be flying from the States to Europe and then China... long flights, which I loathe. I try to dress comfortably, but not sloppily as too many people seem to do.

- TSE white cashmere tank top
- TSE gray cashmere pull over
- Pink pashmina (the only time it is alright to wear a pashmina, in my opinion, is on the airplane)
- Jeans
- Ballet flats

25-05-2005
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
oh no!
I know, I know. For whatever reason I find flying unbearable without booze. You'll be happy to know I don't get sauced - well not usually :p
The first time my husband (then boyfriend) and I flew together we accidentally got tanked - thank G-d it was a private flight. Pretty hilarious, but never, ever again – we wasted a day recovering.

~Madeleine Albright
25-05-2005
scenester

I fly fairly often for work but these are usually shorter flights so I wear my work clothes (business casual) but for longer flights I usually wear jeans (with stretch), pumas and bring along a pasmina...

25-05-2005
fashion elite

I do my make up about 30 minutes before landing...

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamaria
Lady muck i think i prove my point !! these are the two airports i usualy fly from.
love it!

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I go totally casual. Between the train commute to the airport, the wait at the airport, and the flight itself, it gets to be a long process. I do throw on makeup - but usually change into different clothes at the destination airport.

11-10-2005
V.I.P.

I take so many long haul flights that actually this is probs the one time when I don't really do the fashion thing. I wear the heaviest shoes (my luggage is always pretty hefty) I'm taking when boarding but take them off and change in to a pair of ballet flats to pad around the plane in.....I hate those inflight socks. I wear jeans or comfortable trousers. I also wear a lot of layers, that way, I can adjust to the air con levels and strip down when I land. I always bring an extra cardigan just in case.

Clothes aside, I also use the beauty counter samples that I keep getting on the plane coz they're easy to carry with you.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
13-10-2005
backstage pass

It depends on the air time NOT the destination for me. If the flight is a couple hours and I will be going somewhere directly I can wear anything. But comfort is a must on longer flights especially if I am flying overseas. Yikes!

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

jeans and a comfortable sweater- tods driving mocs ( the only time I wear flats, & I keep a pair of heels in my bag for when i get off), and I of course wear makeup- I wont answer my door without makeup!

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
I take so many long haul flights that actually this is probs the one time when I don't really do the fashion thing. I wear the heaviest shoes (my luggage is always pretty hefty) I'm taking when boarding but take them off and change in to a pair of ballet flats to pad around the plane in.....I hate those inflight socks. I wear jeans or comfortable trousers. I also wear a lot of layers, that way, I can adjust to the air con levels and strip down when I land. I always bring an extra cardigan just in case.

Clothes aside, I also use the beauty counter samples that I keep getting on the plane coz they're easy to carry with you.
Me too...down to wearing the heaviest shoes to save luggage space

01-11-2005
tfs star

it depends if i'm leaving or coming home..

because if i'm coming home.. I won't want to be caught in customs and be taxed if i've been doing some evil bank account abusing overseas.. so i'll be trying my best to look grubby

01-11-2005
tfs star

Ive grown accustomed to wearing track-suits & tennis shoes...Now that airport security is at an all-time high (which, coincidentally, makes me ALWAYS eligible for random searches), the whole idea of getting all dolled up seems rather impractical for me . Not the most stylish outfit, but it just makes things easier at the gates..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airplane, wear