How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-11-2005
V.I.P.

^agree. I wear tracking pants or loose jeans+tshirts. even no bra sometimes those security guards can be annoying when it comes to security check...I once saw a teenage girl being checked in public with the waist of her underwear looked through...it was so humiliating...

28-12-2005
scenester

A lot of you talk about bringing your moisturizer, does your everyday face moisturizer work or do you guys recomend a special brand?

and Eternity in an hour.

William Blake.
28-12-2005
tfs star

Everyday moisturiser is fine...I definitely wouldn't buy a special kind for a plane trip .

28-12-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyCool
Everyday moisturiser is fine...I definitely wouldn't buy a special kind for a plane trip .
Thanks!

and Eternity in an hour.

William Blake.
28-12-2005
V.I.P.

Comfortable, not too slim fitting jeans, a simple sweater or nice cardigan with a top underneath and flats or any other shoes I can remove easily.
I always make sure to take a pair of warm socks with me as I often freeze on planes. A roomy bag to carry all the things I need on a long plane flight is very important for me, too.

I try to use as little make-up as possible, it often makes me feel so uncomfortable.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
I do my make up about 30 minutes before landing...
me too! :p
i keep it subtle thou... n i always skip mascara! just curl it up with my shu curler n i'm set!

28-12-2005
blue

sweat pants, comfy t and hoodie/cardigan
flipflops when its warm.

messenger bag.. filled with
travel wallet, pen
evian water spray, clinique moisture surge, saline solution and lipbalm.
one or two magazines (i usually fly from asia<-> us)

V.I.P.

My Grandfather used to get in full suit, tie and wingtips when he flew. I dont know why, it just harkens a time when men and women were always put together no matter what, I love that.

On long flights I go in my jammies and a little zip top and flip flops, I do not care at that point, but before I land I change in the bathroom. Travel is soo hectic you can pretty much wear whatever...

29-12-2005
still here

^I think I'm the only person who still wishes people got all dressed up to travel!! I definitely try, and I take 10+ hour overnight flights often....

One time I was catching a connecting flight in chicago, wearing pointy toe boots with a thin heel (not even that high, like kitten heel), and BAMM, the heel broke.

I looked like a fool walking around airports the rest of the day with duct tape on my boot

29-12-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
My Grandfather used to get in full suit, tie and wingtips when he flew. I dont know why, it just harkens a time when men and women were always put together no matter what, I love that.
That is so sweet

and Eternity in an hour.

William Blake.
29-12-2005
backstage pass

I wear Juicy Couture tracksuits, and comfortable trainers. Everything else isn't as comfortable, and creases too easily. I also bring a cardigan or wrap for when I arrive, in case it is cold. And if it is hot, I can just take off my track top, to leave a t-shirt. I carry my LV Multicolore Trouville, full of combs, brushes, moisturizers and medicine...I hate turbulance, it makes me I touch up my hair before I leave the plane, because it gets messed up

29-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
^I think I'm the only person who still wishes people got all dressed up to travel!! I definitely try, and I take 10+ hour overnight flights often....
so do I, and I definatly agree with you!
And I also agree with tiamaria on the smart casual dress code. I don't mean you have to wear uncomfortable clothes, but I would never ever be caught in a track suit and flip flops, not even at home.

29-12-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by therese
so do I, and I definatly agree with you!
And I also agree with tiamaria on the smart casual dress code. I don't mean you have to wear uncomfortable clothes, but I would never ever be caught in a track suit and flip flops, not even at home.
I fly to South America from Europe often and the flight is very long. But I still agree that you could at leat wear something nice but comfy... I have experienced a lot on my flying days and on my top ten worst moments on a plane was when a big man took of his shirt and pant and slept in just his underwear He was snoring so load that my earplugs vibrated But I felt more for the poor girl sitting next to him (they wrer not traveling together) the flight was full and she could not change seat.....

and Eternity in an hour.

William Blake.
29-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandra_g
I fly to South America from Europe often and the flight is very long. But I still agree that you could at leat wear something nice but comfy... I have experienced a lot on my flying days and on my top ten worst moments on a plane was when a big man took of his shirt and pant and slept in just his underwear He was snoring so load that my earplugs vibrated But I felt more for the poor girl sitting next to him (they wrer not traveling together) the flight was full and she could not change seat.....
I also fly to South America from northern europe often, so I know how it's like to be travelling in the same clothes for more than 20 hrs total. Another reason for wearing something a bit nicer than a tracksuit (but something that's still comfy, yes...)

but OMG!! That's a horrible story! I can't believe it!!!!

Last edited by lumy_; 29-12-2005 at 07:36 AM.
30-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandra_g

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airplane, wear