How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-12-2005
front row

I normally end up wearing my biggest thickest hottest outfit, I.e big boots, jeans, a singlet with a tshirt and a cardigan and a huge puffy jacket with a scarf or 2 because its all the stuff that never fits in my suitcase. This means my flights are never comfortable because i get too hot and have to practically strip off as the flight goes on ( and hide all my clothes in the cabin boxes at the top) much to the annoyance of other travellers who unsuspetingly go to retrieve their laptop or something and get showered with a bundle of my jumpers and scarfs.

30-12-2005
V.I.P.

I'm barely on a plane, but when I flew to LA, I had something casual and warm, so that you don't need blankets. Jeans. And shoes. Shades = vital, especially when it has funkyish frames.

p.s. Death to the ghettoest airline of all = American Airlines.

30-12-2005
V.I.P.

Depends who's going to be at the destination waiting to pick me up:p Sunglasses and a chic pasmina around the head and neck is always an option.

tfs star

i'm going to daydream island soon
it's only an hour or two from sydney by plane
anyways, i think i will wear a pair of shorts,flip flops, a polka dot top and a hoodie

31-12-2005
Zen
V.I.P.

For the holidays flying to visit the relatives I wore my black tunic sweater with my faux-fur trim vest that I bought from GAP(dark brown) with my brown silk leggings and swade boots(light brown)It kept me cool in the plane and just warm enough outside.....

11-01-2006
rising star

it seems like alot of yall dress up alot more than i do..i DEFINITLEY go for the comfort factor rather than style...i just wear juicy or 2 b free sweats and if its cold a hoodie or if its hot a tshirt...very little makeup too bc i usually fall asleep on plane rides and my makeup will get messed up haha...so i wear moisturizer and a little mascara and chapstick bc my lips seem to get realllllly chapped on planes!

11-01-2006
backstage pass

comfortable clothes and alsoo SHOES ...the best is going with sneakers or sandals...
I always travel with a nice jacket and jeans cause the air conditioning from the airplane will freeze you...

12-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire
comfortable clothes and alsoo SHOES ...the best is going with sneakers or sandals...
I always travel with a nice jacket and jeans cause the air conditioning from the airplane will freeze you...
That is so true... I've learned my lesson and will be bringin my cute "down" socks on my trip to south-america because last time it was like an ice box the whole trip.....

and Eternity in an hour.

William Blake.
14-01-2006
V.I.P.

I HATE to check baggage, so I'm a complete minimalist when traveling I wear the heaviest things I plan to wear on my trip on the plane to leave more room for cramming my carry-on! That leaves me with

spring/summer/fall - jeans/slacks, a top, swtr/jkt & tennies (you don't have to remove tennis shoes in security check ).

And winter - jeans/slacks, top, swtr, coat (carry inside & use as blanket on plane... always so cold... brr), & boots

14-01-2006
backstage pass

well usually when I'm flying somewhere, I'll be gone about a month, so I wear the stuff I can't fit into my bag, ie: boots, nice jewelry, big dresses....

14-01-2006
scenester

I hate carrying my coat around but usally I travel to the other side the equator and that always means opposite weather, I must look funny carrying my down jacket in Sao Paulo airport when waiting for my connecting flight . But having it in Paris CDG is worth it because it is always so cold there in winter time.....

and Eternity in an hour.

William Blake.
14-01-2006
scenester

lip balm, velour pants (tracksuit) and ugg boots.

14-01-2006
trendsetter

Last time I flew, I wore jeans, a graphic tee-shirt, a blazer, and heels. It probably wasn't the smartest or most comfortable outfit to wear, but I don't ever take that into consideration as much as I should.

backstage pass

Flying is somthing i want to be overwith fast, so nothing more over bearing then what i usually wear, Comfortable/Classy for the air port, you dont want to look like your trying to hard just for that reason...Flying can be miserable and you can come out looking horrible

14-01-2006
front row

Well I go to Cali at least 2-3 times a year, and I live in Seattle. It's about a 2-3 hour flight, and my parents always tend to grab a flight in the early morning, so I stick to a fleece zip-up, sweats (I can roll em up once I get to Cali) and flipflops maybe...I just like to be comfy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airplane, wear