How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2004
rising star

What to wear on an airplane
When I see celebrity candids at airports I notice how stylish they look, even after a couple hours (1-5 hours) in the air!

What do you wear when you fly to a cool fashion destination (New York City, LA, Milan, Paris, London)?

Do you do make-up or not?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

12-12-2004
Vision of Paradise

well , stick to one color....i go with black.

black pants w/ colorful flats , a t shirt is comfortable. just wear a good jacket ( always)
and bring jewelery and suglasses for your destination.

as for make up...wear a litte, but just bring a good moisturizer / concealer/balm, gloss and curl lashes.....so just keep your face clean and hydratedon the flight, then after a little concealer and gloss ( stick with sunglasses ) and bring some hair barette/ or elesctics.

Stitch:the Hand

Anything comfortable and easy to move in as one does plenty of walking during layover's...

Also,it is indeed obligatory to carry a jacket or coat. Depending on where you go,weather can be terribly unpredictable. Found that one out in -5C,wearing just a thin cotton blouson. Brrr!

13-12-2004
fashion icon

Even if I'm going to a stylish destination I'll dress pretty casually for the plane ride (comfort is key for plane rides)...then change when I get to the hotel after freshening up with a hot shower. Tomorrow I'm flying to Toronto (not the most stylish destination, but oh well) and I'll be wearing:

Black Prada Sport jacket
Dries Van Noten sweater
White button down shirt
A pair of Levi's jeans
and my black boots from HLang.

13-12-2004
front row

jeans, Uggs and cashmere cashmere cashmere! Comfort is key when flying.

Soviet Camaro

Jeans, shoes that are easy to remove, and several top layers that will look good with cracker crumbs.

rising star

Here are some celebrity looks at the airport!
Here are some celebrity looks at the airport!
KAte Moss at the airport 11/9/04 Cameron Diaz 11/24/04

I loved you

Jeans, flats/sneakers (anything comfortable), soft clothing, Jacket (depending where I'm going) I hate wearing alot of makeup on a plane ride. I go with the minimal.

14-12-2004
Seductress in Eden

something chic and elegant

14-12-2004
windowshopping

I get quite dressed up for the plane. I can't stand the ugg boots and shorts I see some peopl wearing. it also depends on where you are sitting eg. if im in business class I will get more dressed up. Also it always gets so cold on the plane! So i normally wear a nice pair of pants, or stockings and a skirt. the key is a stylish trench coat for walking off the plane! Ever so chic.

14-12-2004
trendsetter

I agree with everyone, comfort is KEY.

If you're lucky enough to be able to get into the President's Club you can take hot showers, have your clothes pressed, and also blowdry your hair. :-)

Last flight I took I wore a chiffon black mini dress with colorful fiesta colored polka dots, black kitten heels, and oversized sunglasses and carried around my vintage Gucci bag and a hot pink clutch (it matched my dress)

It's the most dressed up I have ever been for flying, but I was on my way to my own wedding, I had to look fabulous, HAHA!

If I am traveling international I pack what I want to wear on my carry-on and wear comfy sweats or cargos, lots of layers (incase I get cold or hot) and my slippers on the plane. Usually no make-up (can't be bothered seeing as how I will be sleeping the whole time)

But as soon as the plane lands I make my "transformation" HAHA.

14-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverhausen
jeans, Uggs and cashmere cashmere cashmere! Comfort is key when flying.
a cashmere juicy track suit with uggs!

or this glorious l.a.m.b. :

Last edited by brian; 14-12-2004 at 10:46 PM.
20-12-2004
rising star

I go for comfy too, but NEVER sweats, I never wear sweats outside the house. I usually wear loose-ish jeans if it's a flight i plan to sleep on, or i secretly undo a button...
As far as makeup goes, I wear make up on the plane (but NOT mascara, dries the eyes,) and if the flight is more than three hours, I bring face wipes and a small makeup bag to touch up in the bathroom towards the end of the flight. But if you have a tube of something, make sure to turn it upside down and push out as much air as possible before the flight, otherwise what's inside could leak out from the difference in air pressure.
Have a good flight!

20-12-2004
ingenue

I had a 9 hour flight (which ended up being the flight from hell ) last thursday and I wore comfy jeans, a cashmere sweatshirt, and comfy trainers. I always have a scarf as well to wrap around me, and my coat. simple and comfy. I don't really wear makeup either, just a little concealer under my eyes.
though, when I fly back in january, my new bf will be meeting me at the airport...and I'm feeling a bit more inclined to make an extra effort.:p

20-12-2004
fashion insider

When it comes to long flights, I always go for comfort, although how I look is also very important, since I usually haven't slept for two days when I travel and I'm really cranky, at least I can have a decent appearance before I bite the flight attendants head off.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airplane, wear