How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Reminds me of being in Amarillo when Oprah's people were calling around for show venues ... in Texas, you can get hauled into court for saying you're not gonna eat beef anymore

08-04-2009
trendsetter

So be it. Then it shall only be my earth-friendly, animal-loving, pacifist ways that land me on the wrong side of the law. For martyr that I am, I have no other smears on my personal history.

COUGH! COUGH!

10-04-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasolineRainbow View Post
But no matter, it's not like I'll ever have to find out.
Never say never my friend :p The date for my appearence has been postponed again (hoorah) so I still have some time to get it right. I do know that I shant be wearing flat shoes though,I walk like Shrek in flat shoes,just simple black court shoes for me I think

16-04-2009
front row

well I earn my living by sitting in court, and duh you sure see a lot in the fashion department and not only in that department. I would recommend you something like casual bussiness. do not overdo it, if a formal suit does not correspond with your lifestyle you can easily look like trying too hard. all you need is to appear like a reasonable, responsible person who shows a little bit of respect to the court. it is a rather unpleasant occassion so wear something you feel comfortable and secure in. though I would stay away from jeans, hoodies, leather jackets and sneakers if your over twenty and heels should not be higher than 7cm.

Power to the 99%

^ If it were me, I would wear my 85 mm Glaciers to court without hesitation (this is Michelle Obama's inauguration shoe, but I have it in black) ... I wear those for interviewing (and otherwise, since I have them), and they are low for me. But I certainly wouldn't recommend wearing heels you don't know how to walk in.

27-04-2009
Power to the 99%

So ... anyone want to report on how their outfits worked?

28-04-2009
fashion icon

My case is still postponed until an unknown later date,I imagine in the summer when Univeristy term is over. But I re-read this thread and I'm going to take your advice Ta-ta and stay away from too much black as it makes me look incredibly washed out.I think I'll just go with a black pencil skirt and a pastel coloured shirt though.

28-04-2009
trendsetter

I read that green is a good color to wear if you're looking to make a friendly, 'good girl' impression

28-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ That is hilarious, because I practically never wear green Even though it's in every room of my house, I have some aversion to wearing it ... Every St Patrick's Day I have nothing to wear ...

29-04-2009
trendsetter

^That makes sense from what I've picked up about your style. You seem to be drawn to femininity, and green is supposed to be the most asexual but pleasant color, that's why it's friendly and unthreatening (and I assume a great choice for home decor). It doesn't have to do with aesthetics (because then we can surely think of other colors that fit the bill better); it's more of an unconscious perception. I'm not aware if it applies to all cultures though.

29-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ You know, I guess that's exactly what it is, and I never would have realized it if you hadn't told me

29-04-2009
rising star

I remember on a Full House episode, it said that judges are nicer to people in blue. Probably irrelevant LOL but I thought of it when I saw this thread. :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
court, wear