How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-06-2009
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
how about something like this?...
*too edgy?
Sorry, looks like a Salvation Army drop box exploded.

30-06-2009
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySpring View Post
what do you think about wearing jeans for a date? I'm going for a walk with him tomorrow and I don't know what to wear

you know, I know what to wear on a date in restaurant, pub, cinema etc, but a walk?! I think I'll go more causal... maybe pale pink top, skinny jeans and wedges?
Jeans are fine for day/walking dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
it's funny though...
cause i always think of a 'date outfit' as some sort of skirt or dress...
kind of like a job interview...but more feminine....
Agreed.

30-06-2009
backstage pass

I think I have pretty much non-existent arches, so I have a lovestruggle with heels.

02-07-2009
Riot Bug

This applies to any kind of dates: just be yourself and don't pretend you are another version of you... i mean if you care about the date if not go for anything that you think the other people might like but to me that's just a cheap ad

flaunt the imperfection

i think heels are a must for me for any dinner date...
i live in a city where walking is the norm, so pretty much all my heels are realistic and i don't own shoes i can't walk in...
so no issue there...
:p

i guess it's good to show off your figure without wearing anything skin tight...
i think men appreciate the curves of a woman...
so you shouldn't hide them completely...

17-09-2010
trendsetter

I have a sunday lunch date and have no clue what to wear. I feel bored look at anything in my closet. Help me!
A figure hugging pale pink dress seems excessive and a black dress would be entirely appropriate for the day. Am lost.

flaunt the imperfection

a mini skirt and boots with a low heel sounds cute for sunday afternoon...
heels low enough that you can walk around for a little while after lunch if you decide to...

31-03-2012
tfs star

I've been dating quite frequently since coming to Paris, but never really gave this topic a thought. But it's spring, maybe it's time to start.

I just wear what I normally wear, but on the feminine side...soft or pretty colors, hide-and-seek decolletee or shoulders or even back. I often wear layers...a cami under a roomy cardigan, pretty necklaces and rings and tons of bracelets, full skirt and flats or boots.

I don't do glamorous, I don't do stilettos, I don't do little dresses. I have extra long hair and an hourglass figure so I feel it doesn't go with such looks unless I want to look like Nicole Scherzinger. Which I don't. But girlfriends recently have been telling me I should show off my figure more, and I'm looking for ideas to get out of my comfort zone and try something new...

...the other day I took a huge plunge and wore a l/s sweater, cutoff hotpants with starry tights and studded badass punk boots to go dancing...with an entourage of guy-friends to cover me of course, lol! (They couldn't believe their eyes but then loved it )

Anyway...looking for inspiration...

10-07-2012
rising star

Help!
I am really struggling with what to wear on a date tomorrow night.

Background:
- We met on match.com so I really don't know this guy terribly well yet.
- Our first date was at a local, pub type place where we played pool and had wings. I wore cute dark jeans with a bit of a flare, this black top, and basic heeled sandals with my hair up in a twist. The date went really well.
- Our second date is very different than the first! We're meeting for drinks at a local bar that has been described as very "hipster." I've not been there myself, but it's in the arty part of town. After drinks, we're going to dinner at a new, trendy Thai place in the same area.

What do I wear? I was thinking maybe this retro-ish black cotton sheath dress with white polka dots, but I'm not sure if that fits with the semi-grungy hipster bar. And then if I do wear it, would heels be too dressy? I'm not usually a flats girl, though. Do I wear pants instead? Really struggling with this one. Any suggestions would be helpful!

11-07-2012
Power to the 99%

^ Yeah, I would dial it back and go more casual than the dress you describe ...

11-07-2012
rising star

Yeah, the dress seemed great when it was just dinner, but then he threw in meeting for a drink beforehand at a much more casual place.

I'm thinking a more casual dress that I have with a swirling, Hawaiin-esque print in corals and purples, with a pair of casual coral sandals with a small wooden heel, and a straw clutch.

Dating is complicated!

13-07-2012
Power to the 99%

^ And the wardrobe is the least of it Best of luck ...

19-07-2012
fashion elite

It just depends on the type of date... If I were about to go out on a date with someone I genuinely am interested in, I´d wear whenever I feel like wearing, not worrying about being risky if I feel like wearing certain item of clothing without caring about whether it´s a weird looking item or not. After all, I´d want him to know (and hopefully fall for) the real me.

On the other hand, if this date is with someone I am sexually attracted to but without whom I could happily keep on living then I´d wear something rather tight on the right areas but not too tight or openly sexy. I might be open to sex that night but I wouldnt want to look like a cheap sl*t, would I?

http://www.myspace.com/sonnycam
21-11-2012
windowshopping

HAHA

I would definitely wear my favourite Wildfox 'I love boys' sweatshirt on a first date!
You know.. just in case he doesn't get the message!

28-11-2012
girl who fell to earth

that's one way to send the message without dressing overtly sexy

could you provide the source of that image please so that it won't have to deleted per tfs community rules? thanks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
date, wear