How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-08-2006
flaunt the imperfection

what to wear to S/S 07 shows
what will everyone be wearing this season to shows...?
is is different in each city?...

NYC-London(not that anyone goes to london)-paris-milan...?

nyc always seems more casual than the other cities to me...

is it different depending on the show?
is it different depending on what time of day the show is?
are good shoes important? a brand new IT bag?...
designer head to toe?....fall clothing?...(even though it will still be warm)
just grab vogue and wear all the trends they showed...?
rebel and wear all vintage...? *very student-y imo...

any ideas?...

would you dress up or down?...
subtle or over the top?...
would you worry about other people being jealous if you have nice things?...or threatened?...and then being nasty to you?...

and i am NOT talking fantasy here...i am talking REALITY please...
would love to hear some thoughts from people attending or who have prevviously ...

24-08-2006
fashion icon

I'm going to wear clean nondescript clothes, which is my own usual style anyways. Because of my height and features I can't dress too over the top. Black skinny dkny dress pants (they stop right above my ankles), a white polo shirt (American Apparel), and black helmut lang flip flops. Oh, and a sandy brown canvas marc by marc jacobs totebag for a little bit of a kick. This is for NY btw.

24-08-2006
fashion icon

and yes I am neurotic enough to have it planned out like that.

24-08-2006
yes

just because you arent going to london softgrey, doesnt mean nobody goes.
we dont need beyonce and nicole richie to make headlines

nobody 'goes' to london....because everyBODY is here already

24-08-2006
trendsetter

for some strange reason i like london (maybe because its less crowded and not wieghed down by commerce

24-08-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterlein
I'm going to wear clean nondescript clothes, which is my own usual style anyways. Because of my height and features I can't dress too over the top. Black skinny dkny dress pants (they stop right above my ankles), a white polo shirt (American Apparel), and black helmut lang flip flops. Oh, and a sandy brown canvas marc by marc jacobs totebag for a little bit of a kick. This is for NY btw.
do you have trouble finding long pants,
how tall are you
maybe you should have them custom made if you do

i would love to make some for you ( hope you dont take this as a promotion of myself, i just love to make clothes)

24-08-2006
flaunt the imperfection

acid- your insecurity is showing...
don't blame ME if no one cares about the london scene...
it's not my fault- but it IS a fact....
and it has been for years...

*i guess you don't need nicole richie or beyonce since you have posh spice and kylie minogue!!

*anyway- care to answer the question?...

Last edited by softgrey; 24-08-2006 at 10:20 AM.
24-08-2006
yes

^ well thats basically what you;re saying
a successful fashion week doesnt mean 10 million new york women trying to cram into the marc jacobs show

24-08-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamb
do you have trouble finding long pants,
how tall are you
maybe you should have them custom made if you do

i would love to make some for you ( hope you dont take this as a promotion of myself, i just love to make clothes)
Usually I don't, but then I rarely by clothes so it's never been an issue I've thought about. I'm 6'3" and a half with a 31/32 waist so it does become a bit troublesome. This particular pant came up a bit short on me but I decided to rock them that way anyways, they were of course on sale.

I don't have an option to have custom pants made due to a lack of places in my area (Ohio) and costs (I'm very poor).

24-08-2006
fashion icon

A friend who regularly goes to shows but isn't directly involved in the fashion industy said only this when talking about what to wear "dress well, it's fashion." Perhaps it's best not to overthink these things.

24-08-2006
barcode

That look sounds extremely cool Mutterlein, and very much something I myself would wear.

24-08-2006
tfs star

I really enjoy the dress-up during fashion week, everything's a little over-the-top, not only clotheswise but also in terms of partying, being hectic about going from one show/appointment to another... everything!

I always experienced that it is easier to get a nice seat (sometimes even front row if somebody doesn't make it in time to attend) if you are dressed kinda front-row-ish if you only have a standing... in fact, that's what happened when I attended last season's Dior Homme show... I was just trying to get a good standing when a staff-member asked me to take a seat! I was wearing a kinda bling-y Nicolas Andreas Taralis jacket that day and I did have a lot of people's stares on me before the show... I kinda liked it, I must admit.

24-08-2006
tfs star

I wouldn't want to underestimate London Fashion Week, I did attend it last time and it was an awesome experience - I've been VERY well taken care of by the London Fashion Council, attended a couple of great shows (some of the best produced, both technically and stagewise) and thought that there were a lot of fresh ideas and concepts circling around... UNLIKE in New York, dare I say.

Even though there's sort of a tradition that the London highlights eventually move to Paris to show their collections to a wider international audience (Jens Laugesen being the latest), there's a constant breed of new talent, much more so than in any other fashion capital. I highly anticipate the shows of Aquascutum, Giles, Gareth Pugh, Christopher Kane, Emma Cook, Preen and most importantly, Hamish Morrow (joining the schedule again after a five-season-absence from the calendar ).

24-08-2006
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

Being a student...I'm limited on my purchasing ability, however...I will be wearing dress shirts, with jeans, and dress shoes. Nothing extremely exciting, but it's wearable. As far as what women could wear...I love to see people dressed to the max. Not anything ridiculous, but to have heels, attitude, and a dress would be great.

24-08-2006
front row

First, let me say--love this thread! Thank you softgrey!

This coming ss07 fashion week will be my first time to the shows (only nyc this time around..fluent in french though so hoping for paris next season..) and i am trying to figure out what to wear.

im thinking day 1 = lyell dress (short with a pleat in the front, short sleeves and a peter pan collar) + loefller randall freya sandals

another day i'll wear a simple black shirt dress with the same shoes

another day i'm thinking dark "wax" jeans, a high quality black sleeveless vneck sweater, and ankle boots...

does this sound about right?

i would definitely avoid looking like a fashion student--my sister is one of those and while i think her look is great for everyday (on her at least), i tend to stick to more classic/elegant things...and i would think this would be a good idea..

one thing i have been wondering is this--would it look dumb to wear leggings? i'm thinking some people would be critical of that but i've got the legs and just might do it. (i wouldn't wear them under a jean skirt--not to worry...)

opinions? thoughts?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, wear